It's too bad that JPMorgan's Jamie Dimon isn't among the increasing number of CEOs who tweet, because I would've loved to have read his 140-character blast after he received an $8.5 million raise last week for his 2013 efforts (a/k/a cutting deals with the Feds, keeping his options in the money, etc.).
In any case, below is a handful of other prominent CEOs who posted prominent tweets in the past week.
1. There’s some very messed up messy business currently going on in the area of the world formerly known as the Union of Soviet Socialist Republics, and Dick Branson, after having attended “an important discussion about the global fight for lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender equality” in Davos, posted this zinger from Desi Tutu.
2. Although I don’t know the implications of the following stat, I’m pretty sure that McDonald’s, Coca-Cola, Philip Morris, Anheuser-Busch, Apple, Google, and a host of other companies do.
3. Ever wonder if it’s someone’s job to hand sew all those Super Bowl patches onto each jersey of each Super Bowl participant? If so, Seahawks owner and Microsoft Co-Founder P. Diddy Allen has a little picture you might like to see (#gohawks).
4. It’s late January, which means it’s time for college students, MBA students, and MS students to start locking up their summer internships. And, to that end, if you’re a student interested in pursuing a so-called green career, you should check out and perhaps apply to one of electric automaker Tesla Motors’ highly interesting internship programs (note: the ability to relocate to the Bay Area for the summer is required). Meanwhile, the rest of you (well, not all of you but most) can start thinking about getting in on the electric car craze, because Tesla now has you covered.
5. Despite the arrest of this Winklevoss-backed Bitcoin kingpin, it’s not inconceivable that one day soon, we could all be using the current currency of choice for drug smugglers worldwide. And, who knows, if #POTUS had played his cards differently last night in his #SOTU, like one CEO suggested he’d done, soon could’ve meant next week.
Follow me @VaultFinance.
Winklevoss-Funded Bitcoin Startup's CEO Arrested In Silk Road Investigation (Forbes)
2 Wall Street Moguls Champion Gay Rights (DealBook)
A Case For More CEO Tweets (Vault)