This past week several men and women put in performances of their careers @Sochi2014. Americans Sage Kostenburg and Jamie Anderson put in fine final runs to take gold in men's and women's snowboard slopestyle, respectively. The Japanese nineteen-year-old Yuzura Hanyu skated a world-record short program on his way to take gold in men's singles. The speedskating men and women of the Netherlands dominated the ice, picking up all kinds of golds, silvers, and bronzes. And a previously unknown #RussianPoliceChoir has been enjoying its fifteen minutes of well-earned fame for its enthusiastic cover of Daft Punk's "Get Lucky."
Likely, there are many more career performances still to come in Russia during the latest installment of the Winter Games. In the meantime, here are your CEO tweets of the week:
1. The latest in lunch hour efficiecy … soon you’ll be able to order a chili cheese burrito and gordita supreme with one tap of the index, two taps of the thumb.
2. Martha Stewart (who, true story, once shared her sandwich and salad with me on an Amtrak train between New York and Philadelphia) blasted the following while in California at the first annual Makers Conference, which gathered “prominent leaders and innovators from corporations, not-for-profits, and government organizations committed to women's and working family issues.”
3. Ex-Big-swinging banker Sallie Krawcheck (who has two recent Bloomberg TV interviews worth watching, one on Barbie appearing in nothing but her bathing suit in the latest Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue, and another on the lack of women on Wall Street) tips her cap to a New York Times blog, which tried to answer the following question: If women are, in general, better hedge fund investors, then why are there so few women working at hedge funds? (According to the Times, “This is a strange market inefficiency. It would be like discovering that tall people were vastly underrepresented in the N.B.A.”)
4. Anand’s advice can actually improve your work emails. (Although, unlike Anand, I wouldn't be too quick to use the word thrice even once.)
5. On Abe's day of birth, Apple’s CEO invokes the words of the most revered POTUS of all time.
Follow me @VaultFinance.
Taco Bell to take orders via smartphone (USA Today)
Krawcheck Says Women on Wall Street Have ‘Gone Backwards’ (Bloomberg)
Sallie Krawcheck on Barbie SI Swimsuit: What Year Are We? (Bloomberg TV)
Evaluating the Dearth of Female Hedge Fund Managers (DealBook)