Vault Career Guide to Media and Entertainment, Second Edition
ePub Format Learn more
by Pamela Fehl
Publication Date: 2019
The media and entertainment industry consists of movies, print, radio, television, electronic publications, and streaming video, and it offers a vast array of careers in business, creative, and technical fields. Today, media is accessible 24/7, and media companies must remain nimble to keep up with new trends in technology. Although competition for key media jobs can be fierce, no other industry offers such rich creative work as well as the opportunity to influence how people observe and learn about their world.
The Vault Career Guide to Media and Entertainment, Second Edition provides an insider's perspective on what's happening in the industry, what it takes to break in, and how to advance your career. Whether your goal is to produce a television news broadcast or work with top recording stars, this guide will help you master every step of your job search.
Vault Career Guides offer an industry insider's view of what it takes to land a job in your chosen profession. Each volume provides a comprehensive overview of the industry and expert advice and tips for uncovering job opportunities, networking, preparing your cover letter and resume, interviewing, and keeping current on industry news and trends. Interviews and case studies offer behind-the-scenes glimpses of what hiring managers look for in a candidate and how others have succeeded in landing their jobs or advancing their careers. An extensive glossary and resource list put all the industry knowledge you need to succeed at your fingertips.
Each Vault Career Guide includes:
- The Basics: Everything you need to know about what your industry does, who works in it, and the pros and cons of pursuing a career in the field.
- Making Connections: Practical information on researching potential employers, networking, and getting in the door.
- Careers in This Industry: A look at life on the job and the industry culture.
- Talk Like a Pro: A glossary of industry jargon and key terms.
- Resources: Associations, organizations, websites, and other resources to help you plan and advance your career.
Forbes magazine calls Vault Guides CliffsNotes for Careers. Find out which industry and company is right for you.