Vault Career Guide to Commercial Banking, Second Edition
ePub Format Learn more
by Andrew Morkes; Introduction by Jill Castilla
Publication Date: 2019
If you've ever deposited money in a checking or savings account or taken out a loan toward buying a house or car, you've worked with a commercial bank. Commercial banks provide financial services to consumers and make loans to all types of borrowers—from private individuals to major corporations and even government agencies. Commercial banking encompasses a broad range of occupations, including customer service, loan production, regulatory compliance, and back-office support. Are you considering a future working at a commercial bank?
The Vault Career Guide to Commercial Banking, Second Edition provides an insider's perspective on what's happening in the industry, what it takes to break in, and how to advance your career. Whether your interests lie with accounting, credit analysis, or managing a bank branch, this guide will help you master every step of your job search.
Vault Career Guides offer an industry insider's view of what it takes to land a job in your chosen profession. Each volume provides a comprehensive overview of the industry and expert advice and tips for uncovering job opportunities, networking, preparing your cover letter and résumé, interviewing, and keeping current on industry news and trends. Interviews and case studies offer behind-the-scenes glimpses of what hiring managers look for in a candidate and how others have succeeded in landing their jobs or advancing their careers. An extensive glossary and resource list put all the industry knowledge you need to succeed at your fingertips.
Each Vault Career Guide includes:
- The Basics: Everything you need to know about what your industry does, who works in it, and the pros and cons of pursuing a career in the field.
- Making Connections: Practical information on researching potential employers, networking, and getting in the door.
- Careers in This Industry: A look at life on the job and the industry culture.
- Talk Like a Pro: A glossary of industry jargon and key terms.
- Resources: Associations, organizations, websites, and other resources to help you plan and advance your career.
Forbes magazine calls Vault Guides CliffsNotes for Careers. Find out which industry and company is right for you.