Vault Career Guide to Investment Banking
ePub Format Learn more
by Andrew Morkes; Introduction by Catherine Flax
Publication Date: 2016
When businesses and governments need capital, they call on investment banks for help. Investment banks intermediate between issuers of securities and the investing public, distributing offerings through their dealer networks or direct sales to clients. They also securitize assets, structure corporate mergers and acquisitions, and arrange private placements of debt or equity securities. Are you considering a career as a go-between for the world's movers and shakers and their investors?
The Vault Career Guide to Investment Banking provides an insider's perspective on what's happening in the industry, what it takes to break in and how to advance your career. Whether you seek to trade stock or become a research analyst for an established investment bank, this guide can help you master every step of your job search.
Vault Career Guides offer an industry insider's view of what it takes to land a job in your chosen profession. Each volume provides a comprehensive overview of the industry and expert advice and tips for uncovering job opportunities, networking, preparing your cover letter and résumé, interviewing and keeping current on industry news and trends. Interviews and case studies offer behind-the-scenes glimpses of what hiring managers look for in a candidate and how others have succeeded in landing their jobs or advancing their careers. Day in the Life profiles place you in the shoes of an established professional for one day, and an extensive glossary and resource list put all the industry knowledge you need to succeed at your fingertips.
Each Vault Career Guide includes:
- The Scoop: Everything you need to know about what your industry does, its history, who works in it and where it's going.
- Getting Hired: Practical information on researching potential employers, networking, interviewing and getting in the door.
- On the Job: A look at life on the job and the industry culture.
- Talk Like a Pro: A glossary of industry jargon and key terms.
- Resources: Associations, organizations, websites and other resources to help you plan and advance your career.
Forbes magazine calls Vault Guides CliffsNotes for Careers. Find out which industry and company is right for you.