Vault Career Guide to Market Research
ePub Format Learn more
by Pamela Fehl
Publication Date: 2016
When a company considers trying something new, it turns to market researchers to help determine how well the change will go over with consumers. Market research analysts examine the buying habits, wants, needs, and preferences of consumers to recommend ways to improve products, increase sales, and expand customer bases. Are you seeking a job that involves keeping your finger on the pulse of what customers need and want?
The Vault Career Guide to Market Research provides an insider's perspective on what's happening in the industry, what it takes to break in, and how to advance your career. Whether you seek to interview people in the field or crunch numbers back at the office, this guide will help you master every step of your job search.
Vault Career Guides offer an industry insider's view of what it takes to land a job in your chosen profession. Each volume provides a comprehensive overview of the industry and expert advice and tips for uncovering job opportunities, networking, preparing your cover letter and résumé, interviewing, and keeping current on industry news and trends. Interviews and case studies offer behind-the-scenes glimpses of what hiring managers look for in a candidate and how others have succeeded in landing their jobs or advancing their careers. Day in the Life profiles place you in the shoes of an established professional for one day, and an extensive glossary and resource list put all the industry knowledge you need to succeed at your fingertips.
Each Vault Career Guide includes:
- The Scoop: Everything you need to know about what your industry does, its history, who works in it, and where it's going.
- Getting Hired: Practical information on researching potential employers, networking, interviewing, and getting in the door.
- On the Job: A look at life on the job and the industry culture.
- Talk Like a Pro: A glossary of industry jargon and key terms.
- Resources: Associations, organizations, websites, and other resources to help you plan and advance your career.
Forbes magazine calls Vault Guides CliffsNotes for Careers. Find out which industry and company is right for you.