“Vanderbilt is Great”
November 2019FORMER STUDENT

The collegial atmosphere fostered by both students and faculty is second to none. It makes the experience of law school as enjoyable as it can be.

The school's reach in terms of on campus recruiting in places like Florida and the West coast has room for improvement, but it does very well all major markets on the East coast (NY, DC) and mid-markets in the South and Midwest

Comments

Visit the school for an admitted students weekend. You will not be disappointed.

“Good School”
September 2019CURRENT STUDENT

Nice student body

The professors are great

The city is generally affordable for what you get

The cost of Tuition, the lack of affordable parking options. Career services isn't very helpful overall.

Comments

Know what you want before you enroll in terms of geographical location for employment. Vandy can put your anywhere but some markets will take a lot of effort to cack outside of the south.

“Small and Collegial”
December 2018FORMER STUDENT

Small collegial classes make for a less competitive environment than is typical of many law schools.

Because of its small class size and dispersed alumni network, one finds that the network benefits are not as strong.

Comments

Nashville is obviously a great city. I had never been there before attending, and I found it to be extremely welcoming of out-of-towners.

“Great Schoool”
October 2018FORMER STUDENT

I liked the virbant community and great professors we had there. I think Nashville is great!

I think the BL placement could be a bit better but overall i think its worth the money to go here

Comments

i think students should visit the schol first before they go ahead an commit to any school

“Vanderbilt Law School”
September 2018FORMER STUDENT

Supportive, engaging faculty; collegial and fun student body; living in Nashville is awesome.

I really have no complaints about my time at Vanderbilt Law.

Comments

Vanderbilt has a laid-back and fun student body, but the school still provides an excellent education; I felt very prepared as I entered the practice of law.

“Review of Vanderbilt Law Schoool_Career Prospect”
March 2017FORMER STUDENT

Vanderbilt Law School has provided a plethora of elective courses that attracts my attention and reflects current trends in the legal community and the current market. Excellent professors and guest lecturers have given perfect lectures on various topics.

Vanderbilt is located in not a major job market so, compared with its counterparts located in a big city likc New York,students may have a bit difficulty in securing internships or various hands-on learning opportunities.

Comments

However, the name of the Vanderbilt Law School extends globally so everytime I have had an interview with potential employers, they appreciate the rigorous academic environments and reputations that in turn relates to my candidacy.

Staple classes, including most 1L classes, are generally about 80 students. Specialized classes, including legal writing, are much smaller, anywhere from 10 to 50 students. All of the professors, whether full-time tenured faculty or local practicioners teaching about their specialty, are very accessible and approchable. They not only answer questions about the callses they teach, they also help students find opportunities in their areas of interest.

The Vanderbilt in Venice program is a great opportunity for some extra summer courses in a small setting. Externships are easy to set-up through the school, both for local Nashville positions and abroad.

The student body is generally known for its friendliness. Students encourage each other to do better, rather than trying to beat each other in a comptetive manner. Study groups are common and effective.

Cost of living in Nashville is decent. You can find very cheap or very expensive, all within an easy distance of the law school. Vanderbilt University has several great library facilities and they are all open to all University students. The main library is particularly nice.

The on-campus dining is fabulous, especially at The Commons, a healty, environment-focused dining hall. Law students can purchase meal plans to be able to eat on campus. There's also a number of restaurants within walking distance of the law school, some of which will accept Vandy cash (held on your student id with a meal plan) for payment.

The campus is generally upbeat and never has a stressed-out feel. It's beautiful, and the squirrels are super cute.

The law school building itself is very nice, lots of natural light, including in the classrooms. Furniture is comfortable and there are plenty of power outlets.

Vanderbilt used the LSAC system so that everything could be submitted together, LSAT score, essay and application. I believe letters of recommendation were sent in separately by the recommenders, though I may not be remembering that correctly.

Great - I think a bit more emphasis on practical would have been nice, but from what I hear that's the case at all law schools. There is a wide range of classes offered, the students are all very bright and dedicated; faculty is very good about being accessible to students - Vanderbilt in Venice program was awesome

cost of living was lower than where I was from; very safe area, great campus and facilities; campus is gorgeous; nice weather; students all very friendly; Nashville has a very unique culture which was a lot of fun

Difficult to remember - essay question, LSAT scores and GPA taken into account, other involvement; many scholarships offered

VULS has employed an alumni interview process for the past few years of admissions. This innovative and unique program has produced fantastic classes the past two years and has re-engaged many alumni who don't live in Nashville or New York.

The academics at the school were first rate across the board. I thought that the first year was not nearly as intimidating as advertised and the class sizes were appropriate. I never felt the cut-throat competitiveness that everyone associates with law school and could not imagine a more welcome environment to learn.

The reason why I chose Vanderbilt is because of its reputation for quality of life. I can honestly say that it did not disappoint. From the facilities to the surrounding area, I can't imagine a better place to attend law school. If you can't be happy attending law school at Vanderbilt, then you will not be happy attending at any law school.

The admissions process is standard for any selective law school and financial aid was available and fair.