“Good School”
September 2019CURRENT STUDENT

Nice student body

The professors are great

The city is generally affordable for what you get

The cost of Tuition, the lack of affordable parking options. Career services isn't very helpful overall.

Comments

Know what you want before you enroll in terms of geographical location for employment. Vandy can put your anywhere but some markets will take a lot of effort to cack outside of the south.

“Small and Collegial”
December 2018FORMER STUDENT

Small collegial classes make for a less competitive environment than is typical of many law schools.

Because of its small class size and dispersed alumni network, one finds that the network benefits are not as strong.

Comments

Nashville is obviously a great city. I had never been there before attending, and I found it to be extremely welcoming of out-of-towners.

“Great Schoool”
October 2018FORMER STUDENT

I liked the virbant community and great professors we had there. I think Nashville is great!

I think the BL placement could be a bit better but overall i think its worth the money to go here

Comments

i think students should visit the schol first before they go ahead an commit to any school

“Vanderbilt Law School”
September 2018FORMER STUDENT

Supportive, engaging faculty; collegial and fun student body; living in Nashville is awesome.

I really have no complaints about my time at Vanderbilt Law.

Comments

Vanderbilt has a laid-back and fun student body, but the school still provides an excellent education; I felt very prepared as I entered the practice of law.

“Review of Vanderbilt Law Schoool_Career Prospect”
March 2017FORMER STUDENT

Vanderbilt Law School has provided a plethora of elective courses that attracts my attention and reflects current trends in the legal community and the current market. Excellent professors and guest lecturers have given perfect lectures on various topics.

Vanderbilt is located in not a major job market so, compared with its counterparts located in a big city likc New York,students may have a bit difficulty in securing internships or various hands-on learning opportunities.

Comments

However, the name of the Vanderbilt Law School extends globally so everytime I have had an interview with potential employers, they appreciate the rigorous academic environments and reputations that in turn relates to my candidacy.

Good mix of clinic and classroom studies. Class sizes were always small after 1L year, and even during 1L year, class sizes were never too large. I had the opportunity to do research with two separate professors, and I also did clinical work for a year. Workload was not overbearing, and I felt like I learned what needed to know for practice.

Nashville is a fantastic town. It is safe, affordable, and a great place to live. The law school facilities are very solid, and I have no complaints about the law school facilities or the overall university facilities.

Vanderbilt still focuses on the Socratic method, but is integrating new pedagogy to great effect. The adjunct faculty, where used, is excellent, and there are opportunities to study abroad. Also, the school is very good at placing students in government and NGO wrk during the summers. Classes are competative but collegial, and class sizes are generally small. The faculty is top of the line.

Nashville is a great city with a great cost of living. The Vanderbilt campus is safe and beautiful, and centrally located.

LSAT, new interview process which was not in effect when I attended.

Vanderbilt has a rigorous admissions process, but also takes time to ensure the individuals that it accepts have the skills to succeed in the legal industry, whether that means legal academia, public interest work or private practice. Vanderbilt takes the time to make sure that virtually all applicants who request an interview can be interviewed by an alumnus/a in his/her respective location.

Great - I think a bit more emphasis on practical would have been nice, but from what I hear that's the case at all law schools. There is a wide range of classes offered, the students are all very bright and dedicated; faculty is very good about being accessible to students - Vanderbilt in Venice program was awesome

cost of living was lower than where I was from; very safe area, great campus and facilities; campus is gorgeous; nice weather; students all very friendly; Nashville has a very unique culture which was a lot of fun

Difficult to remember - essay question, LSAT scores and GPA taken into account, other involvement; many scholarships offered

The academics at the school were first rate across the board. I thought that the first year was not nearly as intimidating as advertised and the class sizes were appropriate. I never felt the cut-throat competitiveness that everyone associates with law school and could not imagine a more welcome environment to learn.

The reason why I chose Vanderbilt is because of its reputation for quality of life. I can honestly say that it did not disappoint. From the facilities to the surrounding area, I can't imagine a better place to attend law school. If you can't be happy attending law school at Vanderbilt, then you will not be happy attending at any law school.

The admissions process is standard for any selective law school and financial aid was available and fair.