Some teachers are socratic, most are not. The class sizes are around 50 for first year courses and smaller for 2nd and 3rd year courses. The teachers are always available by email or in their offices. The student groups are numerous and almost every day at lunch there is an opportunity to attend some type of presentation or debate with food provided. The clinic opportunities are amazing. You can clerk with a judge or work with a private firm in the environmental area. The opportunities to participate in moot court, research, trial ad and other hands on experiences are plentiful. We received several emails from employers looking for law clerks and the job recruting is excellent. The study abroad programs are great, not many people participate. I have a friend working in Australia this summer, some are going to Europe. This school is incredible and the instructors are well known, well connected and well published. You would be lucky to attend school here.

There are rentals everywhere close to school. I found a 2 bed 2 bath old house for 890 a month. I chose not to get a roommate but easily could have one. They have great housing on campus for students in the law house, no one really takes advantage of the student housing like they should. I have a cat so I couldn't do it. The internet coverage is excellent, always working. The library is great but closes earlier then I'd like. The school lets you in 24 hours a day however with a security card access and there is great study tables and lockers inside. Students are very friendly and sociable. Many of the students are married so this isn't a huge "find your date" place but on the rest of campus there are many single students, nightlife, clubs, concerts, bar review (which is not studying for the bar) every thursday night. The campus gym is free to students and its excellent. They are building a new one in another year. Food - lots of choices. No cafeteria at the law school, just a mini coffee bar with snacks. They have a microwave and tables w sink down stairs. They are building a new law school which will have a full cafeteria.

I am a transfer student. I didn't get accepted to the school initially. The scholarship opportunities are great.

The university likes to fulfill diversity requirements by accepting lots of students from out of the state.

Class size is always sufficient; students are always able to have their questions answered and professors are always available after class. The Socratic method is generally used, but always proves to be beneficial in teaching students to "think like lawyers." Competitiveness exists but it certainly isn't damaging to students, such as people hiding library books, etc. The faculty is mostly composed of those who are currently practicing, which helps provide the practicality and experience that helps students learn.

The school facilities are not the best, because they are aging, but there are plans to build a new law school very soon, which I'm sure will be outstanding. The current facilities are certainly sufficient and the location is wonderful. SLC is a low crime community and everyone at the school is very helpful.

I actually transferred to the University of Utah, so the application process was a little different, I'm sure. However, it seems that the University seeks a diverse student body and it's very important to make yourself stand out in your personal statement. While I did not have the best of grades from my transferring institution, I think the personal statement and my work experience made me stand out as an individual. The application process truly seems to evaluate the student as a whole, and is not solely based on numbers.

Class sizes are small and the professors are very approachable. The school sponsors numerous seminars and guest speakers. The Utah Supreme Court and 10th Circuit have both argued at our school. The clinical program is tremendous.

Cost of living is reasonable. The school is old, but meets my needs well. The community is safe.

The admissions process requires an LSAT, application and essay, along with letters of reccommend. There are financial aid and scholarship opportunities for those who need it.

SJQ is fairly light on Socratic method - I had only one 1L professor who engaged in strict Socratic method. 1L class sizes are fairly small. I had one class of 15 students, one class of 20 students, two classes of around 40 students and one class of 65 students. The administration holds occasional mandatory meetings for 1Ls, on topics like outlining, exam taking, academic advising, etc. This is in addition to optional academic support groups. The school isn't especially competitive compared with what I've heard about other schools, but of course grades are set on a strict curve so there is always a little competitiveness and students work very hard. In academics, the school is heavy on environmental and natural resources law, civil rights and LGBT law, criminal law, international justice, and of course business law.

SJQ is a commuter school, but the area is great with shopping and restaurants near-by. Cost of living is relatively low and most law students find housing nearby. SLC is near the mountains so SJQ attracts a lot of skiers and outdoor types. The larger Utah campus has a lot to offer, but most law students don't spend time there.

SJQ tends to value diversity of experience, beyond mere academics. Some schools I applied to had a hard cut-off, so applications with GPA or LSAT scores below a certain level were never even viewed. SJQ admissions committee reviews every application package, and as a current student I can say this is genuinely representative of the individual attention students receive. It's not just hype.

Good mix of Socratic method with gentler case study method. No class is larger than ~60 people. Excellent access to professors. Great opportunities for clinics, pro bono, externships, internships. Several study abroad opportunities. Unique; small law school, only one of 2 in Utah. 1st tier and in capitol city means great opportunities in all sectors of practice.

Low cost of living in Salt Lake City. Lots of recreational activities - great lifestyle for someone who is active year-round. Healthy city. Low crime. Some may find lack of nightlife and liquor laws to be annoying, but Vegas is 4.5 hours by car, so many do their partying there.

Essay, letters of recommendation, LSAT - pretty typical application process for law schools.

The professors are nothing short of amazing. They are invested in their students future and love their jobs. They are pleasant and eager to help students excel through learning.

small class sizes, approachable professors, and a very collaborative student body (i.e., not "cut-throat" at all)

low cost of living, and relatively low tuition costs, however, the law school building itself is ridiculously old and embarrassingly dirty and in need of the replacement building coming in 2013

LSAT, essays, UGPA, application

Some professors are more geared toward the Socratic method while others encourage class discussion. The faculty are knowledgeable and approachable and answer your questions either in class or via e-mail or during their office hours.

Cheap and safe.

Great Scholarship opportunities. Good tuition rates for out of state students who can get residency after completing 40 credits (1L + Summer). The essay question on the application focused more on what was your personal motivation for wanting to become a lawyer and what your interests were that would help you become effective as a legal researcher.

Socratic method for sure. Small class sizes. Very notable international faculty, AMAZING Dean. A lot of practical "skills" courses-offered on a shortened schedule during the summer which makes it easy to get a lot of credits very quickly.

Lived off campus in my own home. The school was in a great area with a lot of student housing and restaurants. The campus is more of a "commuter" campus- so I didn't know a lot of my classmates outside of the ones I had classes with.

Nothing very out of the ordinary. Earlier deadline than most of the other schools I applied to.