The academics at University of Oregon School of Law are incredibly difficult but very rewarding. I haven't yet had a bad professor. The Socratic method was at first intimidating, but really helps keep students on their toes and prepared. The classes are very challenging and teach us how to think more critically. The legal research and writing program at Oregon is exemplary and very challenging. I like the class sizes. Most are large enough to make it less intimidating, but small enough for the professor to get to know you and to make the professor seem more approachable. The workload is staggering, but somewhat manageable. Grading seems fair. Students are competitive, but not overly so. Students help one another and work together creating a pleasant environment - minus some malicious gossip.

The law school facilities are fabulous. But as any law student would understand, I spend as little time there as possible. No matter how positive or pleasant the atmosphere is, as soon as classes are out, I need out of that building merely because we spend so much time there.

AMAZING. Cost of living in Eugene is extremely reasonable. The campus is beautiful, and the law school building and facilities are top notch. The tech staff handles everything, so there's never a computer problem. The neighborhood is safe and walkable.

Very demanding final examinations; extremely rigorous LRW program

Law school facilities and technology are excellent, larger campus is ideal, library resources and staff are excellent, crime and safety are not an issue, terrific overall environment

Class sizes are relatively small. There are plenty opportunities for instruction outside of class. Instructors are concerned with student success. The academic setting is not as competitive as it might be at other schools; students are very willing to help each other survive. Most instructors are wonderful, but some aren't so great.

The quality of life is great. Eugene is a wonderful town, surrounded by Oregon's natural beauty. The campus is beautiful, the law school is fairly new, and the technology is great. I would say that the amount of rainfall is something to consider before moving to Eugene. From mid October to the first of May, Eugene might average 3 sparsely sunny days per week -- it can get a little frustrating.

Some of the first year professors were horrible, and some were the best I've had in my life.

Eugene is very inexpensive to live in, and it's beautiful. Everyone is really nice. Also, it's really easy to get rides to Portland on the weekends if you want to get away!

It was pretty standard.

Professors and Classes are great. Good mix of theory focused classes and practical classes taught by practicing attorneys. Class sizes are manageable and competition is present but friendly. Student won't hesitate to share notes or outlines.

The 3 years I lived on campus were during my undergrad years...

I am currently living in an apartment that is 5 minutes away from the school walking.

The school is beautiful. It sits on the edge of the main campus which is even more spectacular--especially in the Spring and Summer. Facilities are new and relatively high tech. Overall, when students aren't stressed about school people are quite happy here.

Fairly standard application process with some short answer questions specific to why you wish to attend Oregon.

Typical LSAC procedure. Submit everything to them (including 2 LOR) and apply through them.

The most notable thing is the sense of community. There is competition, but its friendly. I sincerely feel that most of the student body wants their peers to succeed. There is great opportunity to shine through many diverse student groups. The academics are serious, but not meant to make you feel inadequate. 90% of the professors I have had or have gotten to know make it clear that they care about each student's success. They are very highly intelligent faculty, who come from the top tier schools. Most professors seem to employ aspects of the socratic method, but also a mix of group exercises and open discussion. The environmental program is widely known and respected, however one can find a niche in other programs. The ADR program is always growing in strength. Most professors employ summer research assistants. The administration takes a keen interest in grades and will personally meet with anyone, requesting specifically to meet with many who fell below the curve first semester to formulate an improvement plan. First year is standard and heavy into theory and doctrinal study, but they make known all of the opportunities for practical study in the following years. I'm a fan.

Seems to be a high quality of living. Many people bicycle. It's not a terrible cost of living for a west coast town. The facilities at the law school are more than adequate, but I do wish they had a 24 hour library.

Pretty typical: LSAT scores, "describe yourself" essay, recommendations and transcripts filtered through LSAC, but they did encourage any additional information that would help them make their decision, like addendum to questions.

I beleive the admissions process is pretty standard compared to other schools.