Ole Miss is in my opinion on par with any ivy league or other "prestigious" university out there. The classes are taught through the Socratic method and strike a balance between theory and practical study; however they tend to emphasize practical study more. This is a better method in my opinion because they actually prepare you for practicing law once you graduate, so that you are not thrown into the field with nothing but legal theory to guide you. First year students are required to complete a trial and appellate brief, and they must also present their appellate brief in a moot court setting against another team presided over by a panel of three "justices." Graduation requirements require a minimum 2.0 GPA and you must complete legal profession, an advanced writing class, and a skills class (such as the Mississippi Innocence Program, Street Law, Elder Law...etc. - all of which often give you the opportunity to gain real experience in the court room or advise real clients).

Grading is on a curve your first year, which makes it very competitive. However, there is not a "cutthroat" atmosphere at all and students are encouraged to work together. The second and third years are much more laid back and allow you to choose classes that emphasize your field of interest. Ole Miss has certificate programs for Criminal Law, Remote Sensing (Space) Law, and others. I also think we are the only law school to offer a program in Remote Sensing Law.

Most of our faculty are well versed lawyers and have graduated from impressive programs from all over the nation. Professor Cochran is famous for many reasons, but mainly due to his relationship with John Grisham which shows itself subtly in many of Grishams books. Professor Czarnasky was originally an MIT grad. and worked on with the gov. for a while in the area of chemical weapons I believe. He is also a U.N. representative for the Vatican along with another one of our professors after a paper they wrote impressed the pope. Professor Bell is famous for her treatise Bell on Family Law which is nationally respected as one of the best family law treatises out there. All of our professors are heavily published and well respected. Several have helped write E&E books such as professor Hofhiemmer. We also have one of the only International Law classes offered I believe, and the professor flies in from Washington every week to teach it. We also have a rapidly growing environmental law field lead by Professors Case, Otts, and Pace. Professor Case teaches several environmentally related classes, and Professor Pace and Otts head up the Sea Grant Law Program which is an adjunct of the law school and focuses on issues dealing with Ocean, Coastal, Energy, and Natural Resource law.

There are many study abroad programs. This past year I knew students that participated in a program in Korea which allowed them to help prepare cases for their national court. Also their is heavy participation in our Cambridge program every year, but there are also many other opportunities.

The workload is what you would expect from any good law school, which means its heavy. However, it is not more than a student can handle once they figure out the ropes. There is a lot of reading, but also a lot of practical work and projects to prepare you for practicing after graduation.

The cost of living just depends on how close you want to be to the school or the square. There are plenty of options and even the furthest ones out are not more than a 5-10 minute drive to campus at the max. If you want to live close to the square a 2 bedroom will probably cost you anywhere between 650-800 a month. However there are many exceptions, and Ole Miss has a great networking system for finding compatible roomates. If this is out of your price range there are many complexes that range from one to five miles away from campus that are much cheaper. The cheapness doesn't reflect quality only distance, and a great distance from campus in oxford would only be considered about a 10 min max drive.

The Campus is beautiful and it would be hard to find one that compares. The college has been around since 1848 and is one of the oldest public colleges in the nation. It is very colorful and the landscape services department is nationally known. Also the famous grove is a great spot to relax or study and you can always find something going on there.

Our facilities are top notch. We just moved into a our new LEED certified law school, which has been outfitted with top of the line technology, and takes advantage of natural light to save electricity through its numerous windows witch provide a great view of the beautiful landscape surrounding the school. As mentioned the building is LEED certified and there is a huge emphasis placed on moving towards a more sustainabile environment. There are recycling bins everywhere and almost everything used in the building comes from recyclibale material or will be recycled after use. The law school also includes a cafe, with a great breakfast and lunch menu. There is also an extensive computer lab in our new library, as well as other computer access points spread throughout the library. The new lawschool also takes advantage of several large touch screed LCD screens placed through out the facility. These screens allow you to find professors offices, maps of campus, course assignments, and many other useful materials.

Ole Miss is known for its social atmosphere, so community relations is top notch. It has also been ranked as the top party school in the nation and usually stays within the top three. However, this is only because of our undergraduate Greek participaton. The Law School definitely does not contribute to this, but having said that if you need to get out and have a good time you won't have a problem. The square in Oxford is famous for its social atmosphere, and there are an abundance of famous restaurants 3 of which are owned by John Currence who is currently on Top Chef. I believe there are a total of 19 or 20 bars on the square as well with just as many restaurants and shops. The music and arts scene in Oxford is also outstanding. Ole Miss is a liberal arts college and we have produced many famous writers and musicians. John Grisham for instance, who wrote his first novels in our old law school library. Also you can't forget Faulkner and his house Roanoke is still there and students often go and have picnics in the yard surrounding the old house. Also Proud Larry's has been voted as one of the top ten bars in America and has helped many bands get off their feet. As to the overall happiness I would rate it as a 10. Oxford is just a great town it is small and quaint, but also bustling with activity and you can find a niche in whatever area you are looking for.

Your are required to submit two letters of recommendation preferably from previous undergraduate professors, usually need to score around 155-160 or more on LSAT, and an essay is required which explains your interest in attending law school. There are many scholarship and financial aid opportunities, even more so than at most schools because of the abundant amount of alumni funded scholarships (there is a good balance between merit and need based scholarships).

Some of the professors use the Socratic method. The school has a good mix of theory v. practical study, it is probably about 50/50. Class sizes for 1L's are large as expected. The school is very competitive, but relationships are generally friendly. The median for the curve for 1L's is set at 2.7. There seems to be a lot of opportunity to study abroad and/or join academic programs.

Cost of living in Mississippi is pretty low. Home prices are very low. The school just finished a brand new law building that is exceptional.

LSAT, Personal Statement, Resume, Personal references.

I have been consistently impressed with the quality of the classes and the faculty at Ole Miss. I have only had one professor that I found to be less than spectacular. The classes students have an opportunity to take are very practical, even for those not planning on practicing law in Mississippi.

Oxford is a great town, housing is affordable and easily obtained. I never felt out of place or like I didn't belong.

The admissions process at Ole Miss is similar to every other school to which I applied. They were a little slow in making acceptance decisions, but other than that, I can't remember anything that stood out.

Great learning environment; teachers always there to help and open door policy. Teachers come from various backgrounds and all are exceptional.

Cost of living is exceptionally low. New law school building next year will be amazing. Overall, very happy with my decision. No crime.

Good LSAT score more important than GPA, good scholarships if high LSAT

Professors here have excellent credentials and make every class challenging yet interesting to attend. The students are incredibly competitive with having the best grades possible, yet you never feel there is a cut-throat atmosphere. Definitely a team based environment with many study groups.

Very traditional admissions process. Standard application with standard questions. They weigh an individual's LSAT and GPA combined with an honest personal statement.

Many of the classes within the law school's curriculum are excellent, especially if you are seeking a certificate in a certain area of law. I am seeking a certificate in criminal law and many of the classes are excellent and afford me the opportunity to enjoy the classes while seeking my certificate

The quality of life is excellent at the school. I found my apartment at a decent price, the library is excellent, along with the general community of the town and school

Apply through LSAC and have a median LSAT of 154, and a GPA of 3.0 or above. Scholarships are given to minorities, excellent previous gpas and LSAT score, and also for certain counties that you reside in. The essay for admission is a general question of why did you come to law school.