The legal writing program 1L students encounter is intense but highly instructive, giving students many opportunities to receive feedback. Classes offered are, more often than not, practical--but there are exceptions. One of the best classes I have taken was Jurisprudence, which is a completely theoretical class. Class size for 1L students generally varies from 50 to 65, depending on the year. Legal Writing classes are much smaller--about 20 students. Upper level class size varies depending on the subject. Where Evidence may have 70 seats, I have had classes like International Law of Armed Conflict and International Space Law with fewer than 15 students. Grading in first-year classes follows a strict curve with class averages reportedly set close to 2.8 on a 4.0 scale. Some professors in upper-level classes like Evidence continue to apply the 1L curve.

Because of the strict 1L curve, students here--at least those within the top half of the class--compete with each other than one might think. Competition for Law Journal and Moot Court Board membership is particularly heated.

The University of Mississippi offers a popular study abroad program at Downing College of Cambridge University.

From my experience, faculty routinely approach promising students with research opportunities.

Notable faculty include Prof. George Cochran (former clerk for two Supreme Court justices, and member of the Warren Commission), Dr. Jack Nowlin, Prof. Joanne Gabrynowicz, and Prof. Christopher Green.

The quality of life at the University of Mississippi is second to none. Oxford is an affordable place to live, and the University's willingness to grant in-state tuition to out-of-state students after one year of residency makes a quality legal education extremely affordable. In state tuition hovers around $10,000 per year, representing one of the best values out there. The new law school building--the first LEED certified building in the state of Mississippi--is a palace.

Oxford is a bit of an anomaly in rural Mississippi, as it is home to numerous restaurants, art galleries, concert venues, bars, and cultural events.

The Grove also is a foundational experience for life at Ole Miss.

Crime is very low in Oxford, and it is a safe town. Every student I know loves living here and hates the prospect of having to leave.

The University of Mississippi School of Law required a long-form application, an open-ended essay, LSAT results, undergraduate transcript, and letters of recommendation. In particular, the admissions office wanted to know why I wanted to attend the University of Mississippi.

Socratic method is used frequently in first year classes. There is a very competitive atmosphere. Grading is on a curve.

Our school just moved to a new building, so everything there is fantastic.

LSAT, application process, LSAC/LSDAS, personal statement all required

LSAT, essays, financial aid

Our law school moved to a new facility in January of 2011. Our facility is more student/faculty/staff friendly. The lay-out of the building allows more visibility and interaction between students, faculty, and staff.

Cost of living can be affordable but it depends on individual taste and budget. Off-campus housing is where the majority of students live and in Oxford the housing options are plentiful and varied.

There different community activities and festivals during the year. The Gertrude Ford Center often host different performing arts events. Football season is a major draw for social crowds, along with baseball in the spring. Memphis, TN is a little more than an hour away and they often have concerts and events.

Reports of crime have been seldom during my time here, but just because its not reported doesn't mean it doesn't happen. But the environment is more safe than not.

While being in law school you have to find a balance. If you like to work-out join the gym at the University or go running at one of the local parks. We do have a movie theatre, but its small. Shopping is limited unless you are a big fan of shopping on the square but there is more shopping in Southhaven which is on the way to Memphis.

The application process involves the application, personal statement, LSAT score, LSAC, transcripts from undergraduate institution, three letters of recommendation, financial aid application. (the earlier your application is completed and submitted gives you the opportunity to be considered for more scholarship opportunities)

The faculty at Ole Miss are amazing! You will find that the Professors at Ole Miss Law are not only excellent instructors in the classroom, but are also first class mentors when class ends. The First Year's curriculum is heavily theoritical and in many ways follows the traditional law school model that everyone expects (Socratic method, gobs of reading, nervous students), but the 2nd and 3rd years offer a dynamic environment in which students may choose to take only applied classes or on the other hand prepart to become Academics by taking entirely theoritical type courses. The flexibility of the legal education provided at Ole Miss is crucial to students that have a set goal and understand what courses will benefit them the most.

The facilities at Ole Miss Law are hands down some of the best in the entire country! We have a brand new law school that is beautiful and students love attending classes within its heavily sunlit interior. I would rank our facilities as certainly in the top 10% of the entire United States.

Standard application process: LSAT, Essay, References. Lots of Scholarship opportunities as many alumni have left numerous endowments to the Law School which provide dozens of small (but extremely helpful) scholarship sources.

LSSB, Socratic method

Love it.

LSAT, refrences

Most professors are not strictly Socratic and encourage interaction in a variety of ways, such as role play. I would say most classes have an even balance of lecture and Socratic teaching. All professors are extremely knowledgeable. Class size for 1L classes are not too big, but not small. Around 63 in each section. The National Space and Aviation Law center is unique and is the reason I applied to Ole Miss. Old Miss has the only JD certificate program in space, aviation, and remote sensing. We have several notable faculty in their field and some up and coming faculty. Study abroad program is excellent, grading can be a bit harsh. But the new law school building is amazing.

Cheap, accessible to campus, library is amazing, entire building is amazing, safe, secure, even a decent cafe in the law school building. Over all, a great place to go to law school.

Nothing stood out as different from any other law school I applied to. Although, specifying you wanted to study space and aviation law seems to give your application a major boost towards acceptance if you have a demonstrated interest.

The classes were great. I think the required first year courses are very practical, and upper level courses offer a lot of variety. We have a lot of great clinics and extra curricular options as well. The classes vary in terms of teaching approaches... I've had some classes that teach using just the Socratic method, with the material presented only orally and other classes that presented information with the use of Power Point slides and an accompanying lecture. Class sizes vary, and only one of my classes (evidence) was extremely large, due to the popularity of the professor. Grading is tough, and the typical "first year curve" is followed by many professors in upper level courses, making it difficult to boost your GPA in the second and third year. The faculty is well-rounded, diverse, and wonderful. My only complaint is career services, which is useless. The University is wasting a salary on the lack of work that is being done in that department.

Cost of living is a bit pricey... rent is substantially higher than in the town I lived in for undergrad. The campus is beautiful and the new law school building is state of the art. The town is safe and small, but the quaintness of Oxford has much appeal.

Typical law school application - personal statement, 156 median LSAT, 1.4 median GPA, letters of recommendation...

We utilize the Socratic Method. Class sizes for 1st year students range between 60-70 students per Section and we have 3 Sections.

We have a brand new lawschools, so our facilities are State of the Art and highly environmentally friendly.

LSAC/LSDAS, Personal Statement, Letters of Reference

in undergrad--on campus housing is not available to law students

LSAT and personal letter