“Take advantage of every opportunity”
July 2019FORMER STUDENT

There are tons of great ways to get involved and make yourself stand out. If you take advantage of all of the opportunities presented, you will achieve a valuable education and will set yourself up for success in your career.

Some of the faculty may not be putting in maximum effort to be experts in their respective fields and propel the school forward.

Comments

Don't just sit around waiting for a career to fall in your lap. You will need to work for it.

A very solid grounding in the traditional core law subjects using the Socratic method in relatively small classes. Great opportunities for moot court participation.

I rented a small apartment near campus and concentrated on my studies.

LSAT/ GPA/ outside activities and an essay

Excellent

2005

Classes are small even in the first year. Many professor employ the Socratic method. Academic Advising is offered to all students and required for students below 2.5. The law school has an outstanding skills program offering students the opportunity to participate in several skills competitions or mock trials.

Cost of living is great for our city. We're a top ten city with great housing and dining. Once people move to Louisville, they don't leave.

LSDAS

Personal Statement

LSAT

Electronic or paper application

All applicants are considered for financial aid and scholarships

2004 or earlier

Great faculty that cared; great library assistance. Relatively inexpensive. Students were a family. Great restaurants and culture. Law school was an all around great experience for me.

2004 or earlier

it is a commuter school, but I believe that is changing drastically since my time there

other than LSAT and GPA being key elements, I do not recall the application or process

2004 or earlier

Just like anywhere, there are some professors that are better presenters than the next one; but that's style over substance. All profs seemed to know their subjects well enough to stand behind the podium.

Coming from an engineering background, I wish the classes had a bit more of a practical quality to them. I understand however, that Brandeis Law School at UofL has now instituted a real world clinic to teach students and to help those inthe community.

Our school tried to begin a track for Trademark, Patent, and Copyright law that proved appealing to myself and others.

Overall, workload and grading for the classes seemed about right. Trial practice classes were good for real world experience.

Moot court opportunities seemed to be a big deal. Publication/Marketing of these types of outside the classroom needs to be better emphasized especially to students who do not have a family history of legal beagals and therefore know not how these types of opportunities can affect one's career until its too late.

On that note, the career services office seemed to be sorely, sorely lacking. Yes, they had contact with local firms, but it seemed to be more student self-directed than the school being heavily in touch with the legal community and helping "ALL" students find positions that suited them.

Cost for UofL campus or off-campus living for students is low and amenities in the area are plentiful. It was/is a good experience for a suburban university- town is big enough to fulfill most people, and yet small enough to give a hometown feel.

Personal Statement (<=3pgs), undergrad history, LSAT score(s), Letters of Recommendation, resume, and 'world' experience.

2008

Standard

2007

Small class sizes were excellent;

everything was excellent.

Bathrooms needed to be bigger at the law school and the library needed to be fixed up;

don't recall