“Beautiful compus”
August 2016CURRENT STUDENT

low living expenses, amazing professors, beautiful campus, many social activities

It is a little in the middle of nowhere and there is no big shopping mall in this area where the school is located.

Comments

If you are not plan to buy a car, think twice before applying to it.

High quality

High quality

High LSAT score

Practitioner's school. If you actually want to practice law, this is the place to go.

Students are very supportive of one-another. Not a competitive environment.

I love everyone there.

Admissions Essay

2 particularized essays

LSAT

Admission Fee Waiver if LSAT over 160

Compared to other law schools I visited, I felt Illinois had the best atmosphere- friendly, academically intense, and open to new ideas.

Illinois has fantastic scholarship opportunities and was very open to meeting my financial needs.

Cost of living is very low, and the quality of housing is quite high.

Financial Aid and Scholarship opportunities, once admitted, is very good. Dean Paul Pless continually works with students to secure financial funding throughout students three year stay.

Very good nut & bolts education in black letter law, combined with excellent practice skills and some unique offerings related to legal theory and policy

Don't remember

Illinois offered a great mix of traditional (i.e., theory) classes with practical skills classes. By taking classes such as trial advocacy, trial team, alternative dispute resolution, etc., I felt like I was ready to practice law the second I graduated.

The quality of life was great. Champaign provided enough activities to keep people occupied, but was small enough to not be distracting.

I went to undergrad at University of Illinois, as well. I lived on campus during that time. It can be loud with the undergrads, so for law students it is better to live off campus.

nnn

The quality of my courses are fantastic. Most professors will give you the practical study and then give you some in depth philosophical questions once you have the basic practical understanding. It is best to always come prepared to be called on unless your professor has a different way of taking attendance which will be noted at the beginning of the course. We have large and small sections for our 1L year -- the large sections consist of about 60 students whereas the small sections have about 40. Although some people are more competitive than others, there is an overwhelming feeling of togetherness with a collegial atmosphere.

The cost of living in Champaign-Urbana is much lower than the national average which is wonderful. Campus is also very nice and the College of Law is right next to the ARC (Activities and Recreation Center) so there are plenty of opportunities to get in your daily exercise. I am also active in intramurals on campus. I am extremely happy with my decision to go to the U of I!

High LSAT and GPA required

Personal statement, diversity statement, letters of recommendation

Optional essay: Why Illinois? - I did not complete this essay