“Great school”
May 2020FORMER STUDENT

Very generous with scholarships.

Great professors who genuinely care about students.

Does not have a lot of public interest based classes

Comments

Great school if you’re interested in corporate/big law

“Eight years later and I still think UF Law was one of my best decisions!”
July 2015FORMER STUDENT

Prestige, maintained its Top 50 ranking, great lineup of OCIs

I have no complaints about my time at UF Law

Comments

My advice about any law school would be to check their OCI list and see if the firms you want to work at are on the list. I knew I wanted to be in Atlanta, and every major firm in Atlanta did OCIs at UF.

Florida has a great mix of theory and practice. It has a broad selection of classes for future litigators, general counsels, public interest attorneys, legislators, compliance officers, in-house counsel, judges, entrepreneurs, venture capitalists, and business leaders. Skills classes often connect practicing attorneys with students to give both academic and practical advice. Journals give students great writing experiences preparing them to clerk for a judge. Moot court and Trial teams give great opportunities for students to hone their skills. Competition is tough at the very top but camaraderie more frequent among the class as a whole. Grading is strict but fair as is the work load. Class sizes are typically around 100 for most first year classes except for smaller (35) writing courses and criminal law courses (50). After that, most classes are smaller either around 60, 25, or 10 depending on the specificity and specialization of the material.

Florida has a great quality of life as a nexus between academic excellence and strong alumni network, awesome social scene connected to the frequently #1 party school in the nation (UF undergrad), and important legal markets all around the state. The campus itself is technically a satellite campus but touches the undergraduate campus. It's still far enough away that it isn't bothered by too many undergrads, except sometimes those looking for dates. Exam time is always stressful but with Florida's social scene and great weather, it's never too overwhelming. The university is the center of the town and has great relationships with most community organizations. The facilities are great, especially the new Advocacy Center. An 11th Circuit judge recently visited as said it was nicer than most federal courtrooms! It is an especially great asset for Moot Court and Trial teams.

LSAT and GPA are very important but the admissions committee does look at the entire candidate, especially for those on the cusp of admittance.

LSAT, essay, letter of recommandation, work experience

Other

Excellent school, great teachers. I have kept up with the school, and I am aware that the law school and its programs have become much more student friendly than when I was in law schoo.

UF is located in Gainesville, Florida, a beautiful and bucolic traditional Southern college town. The cost of living is low. The law school campus has had a complete make over in the past few years and is now made up of state-of-the-art classrooms, courtrooms and brand new buildings, including a just-opened grand courtroom which has been utilized by the Florida Supreme Court and Florida's First District Court of Appeal for oral arguents. The law school is located slightly off the main campus in its own compound, surrounded by woods, a lake and residential homes, but still within walking distance to the football stadium and other traditional college-wide facilities. Students report that there is a very close-knit law school family community.

LSAT, GPA, essay

Diversity statement, Personal statement, LSAT

Median LSAT is 90th percentile.

2004 or earlier

Admissions staff is very helpful.

LSAT, application, mandatory essay, and an optional diversity essay

Excellant. Primarilly the Socratic method