“Great school, relatively strong value”
July 2018FORMER STUDENT

The professors are top notch. It is relatively small and you are paying tuition on the lower end compared to other top 40 schools.

There were some challenges related to diversity and inclusion. I assume that’s not uncommon for any law school.

Comments

Overall great school. I’ll mention that I had classes with 3 federal judges, including Gorsuch, and 2 state Supreme Court justices. It really does attract great academics, and is simply a tier above the other law school in the state in most metrics, but at a lower price tag.

“Great School in a Beautiful Location!”
March 2015FORMER STUDENT

Beautiful location and facilities, great faculty, cooperative and collegial atmosphere. Great entrepreneurial law clinical program.

On campus recruiting was fairly limited. It was difficult to find an job outside of the Colorado market.

Comments

Boulder is a great city in which to live. Students should take advantages of opportunities to work with faculty in a small seminar style environment.

The class style largely depends on the professor. Most of the first year profs. use the Socratic method. After that, it is easier to find more laid back profs. In general, students are happy to help each other and are not very competitive. Rather, they are more focused on everybody enjoying their law school experience and understanding the material.

Everybody is wicked nice.

Colorado law school is extremely selective. It is among the top 20 most selective law schools. This is great because it means that you know you will be studying with high achieving and small students.

The classes are good. I had a professor first semester that really disappointed me. She missed and canceled classes a lot, we didn't learn a lot, and she was terrible at replying to emails. Other than that stand out disappointing class, the rest of the classes are really great and so are the professors. Academic advising could be a lot better! Almost non-existent.

Cost of living in Boulder is expensive. But Boulder is beautiful. The law school is beautiful. I generally feel safe. Students/faculty seem to be happy.

Pretty much the same as the rest of the admissions processes I encountered ... personal statement, LSAT, GPA, application form, etc. One difference is that it seemed like there was a lot fewer scholarships available to incoming students and it took the school forever to notify me about scholarships. I received a lot of scholarships to every other school I applied to and none from CU. The only reason I chose CU was because I am a resident of CO it was cheaper even without any scholarships. That was a little disappointing though.

As if we know.

Excellent. Much use of the Socratic method, but not too much.

I was pleased to find that Colorado Law is made up of mostly collegial students that do not approach school as a zero sum game. Professors are very accessible and most seem to genuinely care about student learning.

Colorado Law has made some key hires in the last few years in business law (Andrew Schwartz) and energy/environmental law (William Boyd) that has taken our faculty to the next level.

Finally, Colorado Law has a strong mix of practical and theory courses. However, the school could flesh out the practical courses for transactional law to make the curriculum more well rounded.

Boulder is expensive, but it is worth it. It is beautiful and the access to the outdoors is unmatched. Boulder was recently named the "foodiest town in America" by Bon Appetite because the food scene is exploding.

good balance of theory and practice (through clinicals)

It's Boulder, Colorado. What more could you want?

LSAT, GPA, personal statement

It is a smaller law school, so the faculty is pretty available to everyone and class sizes aren't too large. The environment is more collaborative than competitive, which I like. They always offer classes taught by judges. Next semester I will be taught be a judge from the 10th Circuit Court of Appeals and a judge from the Colorado Supreme Court. The class is small enough that you have the opportunity to do almost everything that you want to (journal, moot court, mock trial.)

Boulder is awesome, especially for those who like the outdoors. There is hiking, climbing, snowboarding close by. It is a little expensive. But, it is a beautiful town with great people.

Top notch faculty, a couple tenured hangers on, but our environmental law faulty and Indian law program are without peer.

High cost of living area, very friendly students with balanced lives.