“Great school, relatively strong value”
July 2018FORMER STUDENT

The professors are top notch. It is relatively small and you are paying tuition on the lower end compared to other top 40 schools.

There were some challenges related to diversity and inclusion. I assume that’s not uncommon for any law school.

Comments

Overall great school. I’ll mention that I had classes with 3 federal judges, including Gorsuch, and 2 state Supreme Court justices. It really does attract great academics, and is simply a tier above the other law school in the state in most metrics, but at a lower price tag.

“Better than TLS would have you believe”
July 2015CURRENT STUDENT

I've had good and bad professors, but the good ones have been great!

Genuinely collegial environment--there's competition, obviously, but it really is kept at a minimum.

Lack of resources from the career services office: I'm filling out this review to get access to the law firm guides for OCI, which most law schools already provide for their students.

Not having a reading week before finals

Comments

CU Law really is a great school. I can't imagine being anywhere else. If you are looking for a school where you'll learn a lot but will also be able to make good friends and not have to worry about an absurdly cut-throat environment, CU is definitely for you!

“Great School in a Beautiful Location!”
March 2015FORMER STUDENT

Beautiful location and facilities, great faculty, cooperative and collegial atmosphere. Great entrepreneurial law clinical program.

On campus recruiting was fairly limited. It was difficult to find an job outside of the Colorado market.

Comments

Boulder is a great city in which to live. Students should take advantages of opportunities to work with faculty in a small seminar style environment.

The class style largely depends on the professor. Most of the first year profs. use the Socratic method. After that, it is easier to find more laid back profs. In general, students are happy to help each other and are not very competitive. Rather, they are more focused on everybody enjoying their law school experience and understanding the material.

Everybody is wicked nice.

Colorado law school is extremely selective. It is among the top 20 most selective law schools. This is great because it means that you know you will be studying with high achieving and small students.

median LSAT score is 163 (90%)

median undergraduate GPA is 3.6

no professors are mean and scary. some use socratic method, but its a good teaching method! they dont do it to intimidate you. class sizes are good. people arent very competitive, you can ask anyone for notes if you miss a day of class! love cu!

law school is new and awesome. boulder is a great city, though it is expensive. people at the school have a good balance of work and play.

good chance of getting scholarships!

As if we know.

Small class size, plenty of practical learning opportunties

Great new law building with full courtroom. Boulder has many opportunities for life outside of the school too. Happiness tends to be very high

The classes are good. I had a professor first semester that really disappointed me. She missed and canceled classes a lot, we didn't learn a lot, and she was terrible at replying to emails. Other than that stand out disappointing class, the rest of the classes are really great and so are the professors. Academic advising could be a lot better! Almost non-existent.

Cost of living in Boulder is expensive. But Boulder is beautiful. The law school is beautiful. I generally feel safe. Students/faculty seem to be happy.

Pretty much the same as the rest of the admissions processes I encountered ... personal statement, LSAT, GPA, application form, etc. One difference is that it seemed like there was a lot fewer scholarships available to incoming students and it took the school forever to notify me about scholarships. I received a lot of scholarships to every other school I applied to and none from CU. The only reason I chose CU was because I am a resident of CO it was cheaper even without any scholarships. That was a little disappointing though.

I was pleased to find that Colorado Law is made up of mostly collegial students that do not approach school as a zero sum game. Professors are very accessible and most seem to genuinely care about student learning.

Colorado Law has made some key hires in the last few years in business law (Andrew Schwartz) and energy/environmental law (William Boyd) that has taken our faculty to the next level.

Finally, Colorado Law has a strong mix of practical and theory courses. However, the school could flesh out the practical courses for transactional law to make the curriculum more well rounded.

Boulder is expensive, but it is worth it. It is beautiful and the access to the outdoors is unmatched. Boulder was recently named the "foodiest town in America" by Bon Appetite because the food scene is exploding.