“Great school, relatively strong value”
July 2018FORMER STUDENT

The professors are top notch. It is relatively small and you are paying tuition on the lower end compared to other top 40 schools.

There were some challenges related to diversity and inclusion. I assume that’s not uncommon for any law school.

Comments

Overall great school. I’ll mention that I had classes with 3 federal judges, including Gorsuch, and 2 state Supreme Court justices. It really does attract great academics, and is simply a tier above the other law school in the state in most metrics, but at a lower price tag.

“Better than TLS would have you believe”
July 2015CURRENT STUDENT

I've had good and bad professors, but the good ones have been great!

Genuinely collegial environment--there's competition, obviously, but it really is kept at a minimum.

Lack of resources from the career services office: I'm filling out this review to get access to the law firm guides for OCI, which most law schools already provide for their students.

Not having a reading week before finals

Comments

CU Law really is a great school. I can't imagine being anywhere else. If you are looking for a school where you'll learn a lot but will also be able to make good friends and not have to worry about an absurdly cut-throat environment, CU is definitely for you!

“Great School in a Beautiful Location!”
March 2015FORMER STUDENT

Beautiful location and facilities, great faculty, cooperative and collegial atmosphere. Great entrepreneurial law clinical program.

On campus recruiting was fairly limited. It was difficult to find an job outside of the Colorado market.

Comments

Boulder is a great city in which to live. Students should take advantages of opportunities to work with faculty in a small seminar style environment.

The class style largely depends on the professor. Most of the first year profs. use the Socratic method. After that, it is easier to find more laid back profs. In general, students are happy to help each other and are not very competitive. Rather, they are more focused on everybody enjoying their law school experience and understanding the material.

Everybody is wicked nice.

Colorado law school is extremely selective. It is among the top 20 most selective law schools. This is great because it means that you know you will be studying with high achieving and small students.

The classes vary considerably by professor. The sizes tend to run large, but professors manage to make the Socratic method work even in large classes. Most professors emphasize theory in their classes. Unfortunately the academic advising is somewhat lacking - there's no good advisor system. The students are really friendly and most are quite helpful. There's competition, but it's not at all cutthroat.

Boulder is a wonderful place to live. There's a lot of sunshine and plenty to do outside to take your mind off law school. The law building is brand new and the library is fantastic! The location is the number one reason to come here.

It's fairly standard. You have to take the LSAT, fill out the application on the LSAC website, write a personal essay. The financial aid and scholarships have been pretty great.

Great faculty. Some of the more popular courses fill up, but generally speaking you can get into any class. Great environmental offerings. Improved international offerings. Business law is strong. The Entrepreneurial focus is a very cool program, including the entrepreneurial law clinic.

The worst part of Colorado Law School is attractive undergrads in the library studying communications. The best thing(s): Boulder, skiing, beer, medical marijuana (if you're into that), Colorado, mountains, low competitiveness, etc.

Apply like normal.

I was pleased to find that Colorado Law is made up of mostly collegial students that do not approach school as a zero sum game. Professors are very accessible and most seem to genuinely care about student learning.

Colorado Law has made some key hires in the last few years in business law (Andrew Schwartz) and energy/environmental law (William Boyd) that has taken our faculty to the next level.

Finally, Colorado Law has a strong mix of practical and theory courses. However, the school could flesh out the practical courses for transactional law to make the curriculum more well rounded.

Boulder is expensive, but it is worth it. It is beautiful and the access to the outdoors is unmatched. Boulder was recently named the "foodiest town in America" by Bon Appetite because the food scene is exploding.

A mixture of Socratic method and opportunities for practical application.

I couldn't imagine going to law school anywhere else. Great social environment. Mountains and a big city close by. I would have probably dropped out if I went somewhere else.

Essay, LSAT all the same requirements. Around 1300 ish applied for a class of 160 last year.

no professors are mean and scary. some use socratic method, but its a good teaching method! they dont do it to intimidate you. class sizes are good. people arent very competitive, you can ask anyone for notes if you miss a day of class! love cu!

law school is new and awesome. boulder is a great city, though it is expensive. people at the school have a good balance of work and play.

good chance of getting scholarships!

The quality of professors is absolutely outstanding. My professors are incredibly brilliant, have very impressive resumes, and are respected experts in their respective fields. The University of Colorado strikes a very good balance between theory and practical study, with classes with less black letter law tending to focus more on policy and classes with more black letter law focusing less on policy. Class sizes are large, for the most part, but I am a first year student and we are all taking the same courses, so again this is understandable. Grading seems to be fair and the standards by which we are judged are clearly articulated to students. The workload appears to be less than some of the top 14 law schools, but my only experience with those schools is through mutual friends, so they could be overstating their actual workload (or the increased workload may be necessitated by the higher quality, harder working students those schools attract). The University of Colorado is unique in that it is not competitive in the least bit. Students are incredibly willing to work together, and the school fosters this positive, helpful environment by the friendliness and accessability of its administrative staff and professors. The University's only shortcoming may be its lack of structured advising for first year students. Of course, students can get advice from any of their professors quite easily, and it may be better this way, since students are encouraged to "network" with their professors.

Boulder is amazing. Our law school building is state of the art and brand new. Our library is beautiful, spacious, and there are always open computer workstations with very high end machines available for use. The community is incredibly safe, and the students here seem to be very happy.

Nothing particular unique from other law schools. Scholarship opportunities likely similar to other schools. LSAT and LSAC GPA are understandably given great weight in the admissions process, though I am proof positive that the University of Colorado takes a holistic approach to admissions.