“Great school, relatively strong value”
July 2018FORMER STUDENT

The professors are top notch. It is relatively small and you are paying tuition on the lower end compared to other top 40 schools.

There were some challenges related to diversity and inclusion. I assume that’s not uncommon for any law school.

Comments

Overall great school. I’ll mention that I had classes with 3 federal judges, including Gorsuch, and 2 state Supreme Court justices. It really does attract great academics, and is simply a tier above the other law school in the state in most metrics, but at a lower price tag.

“Better than TLS would have you believe”
July 2015CURRENT STUDENT

I've had good and bad professors, but the good ones have been great!

Genuinely collegial environment--there's competition, obviously, but it really is kept at a minimum.

Lack of resources from the career services office: I'm filling out this review to get access to the law firm guides for OCI, which most law schools already provide for their students.

Not having a reading week before finals

Comments

CU Law really is a great school. I can't imagine being anywhere else. If you are looking for a school where you'll learn a lot but will also be able to make good friends and not have to worry about an absurdly cut-throat environment, CU is definitely for you!

“Great School in a Beautiful Location!”
March 2015FORMER STUDENT

Beautiful location and facilities, great faculty, cooperative and collegial atmosphere. Great entrepreneurial law clinical program.

On campus recruiting was fairly limited. It was difficult to find an job outside of the Colorado market.

Comments

Boulder is a great city in which to live. Students should take advantages of opportunities to work with faculty in a small seminar style environment.

The class style largely depends on the professor. Most of the first year profs. use the Socratic method. After that, it is easier to find more laid back profs. In general, students are happy to help each other and are not very competitive. Rather, they are more focused on everybody enjoying their law school experience and understanding the material.

Everybody is wicked nice.

Colorado law school is extremely selective. It is among the top 20 most selective law schools. This is great because it means that you know you will be studying with high achieving and small students.

Small class size, plenty of practical learning opportunties

Great new law building with full courtroom. Boulder has many opportunities for life outside of the school too. Happiness tends to be very high

The classes are good. I had a professor first semester that really disappointed me. She missed and canceled classes a lot, we didn't learn a lot, and she was terrible at replying to emails. Other than that stand out disappointing class, the rest of the classes are really great and so are the professors. Academic advising could be a lot better! Almost non-existent.

Cost of living in Boulder is expensive. But Boulder is beautiful. The law school is beautiful. I generally feel safe. Students/faculty seem to be happy.

Pretty much the same as the rest of the admissions processes I encountered ... personal statement, LSAT, GPA, application form, etc. One difference is that it seemed like there was a lot fewer scholarships available to incoming students and it took the school forever to notify me about scholarships. I received a lot of scholarships to every other school I applied to and none from CU. The only reason I chose CU was because I am a resident of CO it was cheaper even without any scholarships. That was a little disappointing though.

median LSAT score is 163 (90%)

median undergraduate GPA is 3.6

The classes are a great combination of theory and application. The faculty is highly approachable but still very impressive. Many professors are leaders in their field. But every one of them will take a few minutes to talk to you about your career if you want. It's a great environment.

Our school is beautiful and the people are as laid back as law students can be while still being very intelligent and driven. I love the environment. It's safe and friendly.

It is a pretty standard process. LSAT, LORs, financial aid, essay, etc.

Extremely good mix of theory/case based and experiential practical study. Socratic method is used but not in a mean way. Everyone is smart and works hard but is not overly focused on competing against each other. Very good class sizes. 1L classes are sometimes too large but upper level classes are typically a very manageable sizes.

Cost of living in Boulder is mid-range, more expensive than a normal "college town" but less than a big city. The undergraduate campus is very nice, but is also somewhat separated, which makes the law school feel more insulated. The facilities and library are amazing; practically brand new. Large computer lab and a decent number of computers at cubicles; also laptops available for checkout in the library. Boulder has a great dining and nightlife scene. Overall everyone is happy because there are so many outdoor activities, in all seasons, that most people are very active and hence happier than the average law student.

LSAT, Undergraduate (and post-graduate) GPAs, recommendation letters, open subject essay, legacy status is considered

Great faculty. Some of the more popular courses fill up, but generally speaking you can get into any class. Great environmental offerings. Improved international offerings. Business law is strong. The Entrepreneurial focus is a very cool program, including the entrepreneurial law clinic.

The worst part of Colorado Law School is attractive undergrads in the library studying communications. The best thing(s): Boulder, skiing, beer, medical marijuana (if you're into that), Colorado, mountains, low competitiveness, etc.

Apply like normal.