University of California, Los Angeles School of Law

“Really Solid Experience”
August 2015FORMER STUDENT

Nice facilities; smart people; great location in Los Angeles; really smart and talented professors; lots of great class offerings

Pathetic food options for law students (i.e., near law school); difficult social life because students are dispersed throughout LA; people are kind of friendly, but I didn't make very many friends as a transfer here

Comments

Great law school to go, especially if you're looking for a big law job. Really comfortable lifestyle, but there isn't a ton of dedication to academics by upper classmen here.

“Good, but could be better”
August 2015CURRENT STUDENT

Range of opportunities, course offerings, some amazing professors, unbeatable location

The school seems to force us to have a balanced schedule of good professors and bad, meaning if you happen to register for all good professors you probably won't get to keep them all.

Comments

Keep the cost of financing in mind, be sure that UCLA is where you want to go.

Excellent. Students and professors are all very supportive of each other, without an immense sense of competition. Class sizes are 25-80, depending on the subject. The grading is strict bell curve. I love having the opportunity to learn from some renowned constitutional law scholars.

Excellent. Everyone loves being at such a beautiful campus in Los Angeles.

Standard process. Application through LSAC and submitting the proper letters of recommendation, etc. LSAC makes it very easy.

good.

Best law school to attend, hands down.

Finish Undergrad

Take LSAT

???

Admitted!

UCLA's classes are both challenging and demanding. Faculty are prestigious, knowledgeable and always willing to speak to students. They encourage pursuit of theoretical and practical studies and are always willing to assist with questions or individual research.

Although living in Los Angeles is expensive in general, the housing opportunities offered by UCLA are incredibly hospitable. I am incredibly happy here and feel very safe.

I was incredibly satisfied with the feedback I received from the UCLA admissions office. They were incredibly personable and worked with me on a variety of issues including scholarship offers and housing opportunities. They were a pleasure to speak to and always knowledgeable and easy to reach.

Totally depends on professor. Study abroad is available but comes off as discouraged.

Graduate housing in Westwood Village is great and affordable for the neighborhood.

Fairly generic application. Very responsive to questions, visits, etc.

All of the above are excellent. Beautiful location, great amenities and facilities.

Admissions is very responsive to requests of all types - when you will know about getting in, tours, speaking with students, etc.

Critical Race Studies is the best program available at any law school

Typical

The professors are terrific, opportunity to specialize, students are nice and not competitive yet they all care about their academics.

I don't live on campus but I live close by. I take the bus to school which is very convenient. My rent is $800/month for a room which is much cheaper than my rent ay undergrad. Even though I don't live on campus I am still very involved. I am overall very happy with the quality of life.

Application was longer than most. School was very willing to help with scholarships and financial aid.

The classes have various sizes, which gives a lot of different experiences. The lawyering skills program is great because you learn how to write like a lawyer, which is very important. There is a wonderful entertainment law program with a great adviser.

The library is good. The food is decent, but you get sick of it after awhile. However, you are in LA, so there is always something to do.

unique application questions, essays, LSAT, application process, LSAC/LSDAS, and financial aid and scholarship opportunities