“Freeman PMBA Review”
February 2020CURRENT STUDENT

Finance is a strength for Tulane. There are several experiential learning opportunities available to both undergraduate and graduate students, most notably Burkenroad Reports, which is an equity research-based class. The best professors I've had are Finance faculty.

A lot of the core curriculum for the PMBA is a waste of time. There are too many required management classes that do nothing for students' career prospects, and not enough classes that focus on accounting and modeling (note: I'm a part-time student, so my course selection is limited). Job placement seems hit or miss for graduates. We're not a target school, so we don't attract a lot of on-campus recruiters.

Comments

I think the undergraduate BSM program is stronger than the MBA and MFIN programs. If you plan to spend tens of thousands of dollars on an MBA, I recommend going to a target school, where you're more likely to get a strong ROI.