“please make it smaller”
June 2019CURRENT STUDENT

Great location, nice prof's, excellent semester internship opportunities, great dean of student's office

massive 1L class, level of competition, career services is generally unhelpful outside of directing you to their website

Comments

it's a great choice, especially if you want to be in dc, but I highly suggest looking at class size and employment outcomes

“GW Law Grad”
July 2018FORMER STUDENT

GW Law has a strong international law program and most of the faculty are top notch.

There is no focus on career development for jobs outside of Biglaw. Because of this, the Career Development Office (which has a ton of advisers who don't appear to do much) does not have any contacts with organizations that do good public service work. This will really affect your ability to land a public service job.

Comments

I would make sure you reach out to members of school faculty and clinics that specialize in areas of interest to you to get a better idea of how their future initiatives and ideas may align with your own.

“Mixed”
August 2015CURRENT STUDENT

Impressive faculty

Great location

Strong IP offerings

Top of class can get a job at any firm

Not necessarily easy to land a job outside of DC

Comments

Only consider if you can get a steep discount. If so, you can get the same BigLaw job without the loans.

“Great schoo...medicore employment”
August 2015CURRENT STUDENT

Professors are great

Smart students

Good Alumni base in DC

Preslect OCI

Degree doesn't travel outside of DC

Lawyer factory

Expensive

Comments

You really need to be your own advocate. The school is so large that you can really get lost if you don't go out of your way and introduce yourself to your professors.