“Excellent School to Find Legal Niche”
July 2020FORMER STUDENT

Variety of coursework, professors are leaders in their field. Great nationwide alumni network.

Career center was not always very helpful. Facilities are older, so limited space to study.

Comments

I recommend GW Law if you think you want to be involved in any type of regulated industry - healthcare, energy, telecom, food and drugs, etc. or want to do administrative law. GW has a plethora of classes for these regulated industries and is heavy on national security law, so it's a great place to be if you know what niche you want to practice. Summer jobs and internship opportunities in DC are endless.

“Lack of Support from Career Services”
May 2020CURRENT STUDENT

The only value they provide is free resources such as Vault and CORE. Disappointed I’ve paid such a big fee for lack of support. All the research on my career and which firms would be best for me came on my own.

Professors an not as great as the other schools in the area. Career services is the worst.

Comments

Look elsewhere. We go to school to get jobs at great firms. The school does not provide any assistance.

“Overpriced but good”
May 2020FORMER STUDENT

GWU Law has its professors, resources, and most of all location go for it

The expense relative to the prestige, the huge class sizes

Comments

Be prepared to find your own way to career resources, little guidance on the OCI process

“Awesome school”
November 2019FORMER STUDENT

It is the best law school in DC to attend with the most notable connections after law school. Professors are fantastic and you can get a job anywhere you want after graduation.

It is a very expensive school, but it is worth it because you will make more money in the long run to pay off your loans.

Comments

It has a fantastic location where you can literally walk to your job from school if you want.

“please make it smaller”
June 2019CURRENT STUDENT

Great location, nice prof's, excellent semester internship opportunities, great dean of student's office

massive 1L class, level of competition, career services is generally unhelpful outside of directing you to their website

Comments

it's a great choice, especially if you want to be in dc, but I highly suggest looking at class size and employment outcomes

“Law Student”

Incomplete Coverage of Curriculum due to Egalitarian Culture

Tenured Professors are Rarely Held Accountable for Poor Performance

Litigation Heavy Focus

Main OCIs Focus on DC Area

Comments

If you are a student who plans to practice in one outside of DC, I would recommend seriously considering another school as most of the school's development is with regard to DC. Therefore, the career center can be unhelpful if you are looking at other markets, other than DC, NYC, or Philadelphia.

“GW Law Grad”
July 2018FORMER STUDENT

GW Law has a strong international law program and most of the faculty are top notch.

There is no focus on career development for jobs outside of Biglaw. Because of this, the Career Development Office (which has a ton of advisers who don't appear to do much) does not have any contacts with organizations that do good public service work. This will really affect your ability to land a public service job.

Comments

I would make sure you reach out to members of school faculty and clinics that specialize in areas of interest to you to get a better idea of how their future initiatives and ideas may align with your own.

“Great for IP Law”
March 2018FORMER STUDENT

Regular seminars and talks on patent and other IP law, teachers who are respected scholars in the field, and connections to get jobs at great local firms. So many IP classes you could take nothing but for the last two years if you wanted.

Large class sizes your first year; wish they had more female and diverse professors.

Comments

It was a great experience going here for IP law.

“GW Law Alum”
June 2017FORMER STUDENT

Fantastic program for intellectual property law. I was an evening student and had access to a variety of IP courses from professors who are top in their field.

As an evening student, it would be nice to have more social events helping the evening students to feel more part of the mainstream law school community.

Comments

Great school, great location, and great professors. If you are looking to study intellectual property law, this is the school for you.

“Good law school”
February 2017FORMER STUDENT

great professors who are very nice and accessible, great location of the school, very convenient

the scholarship is not very transparent, career development support is not very helpful

Comments

really depends on your area of focus, good for IP related work and regulatory work.