Classes are great! Strong focus in most classes on the Socratic method. Class sizes range from very small (around 10) to the max being around 75. Many research opportunities. Plenty of study abroad opportunities.

Campus is beautiful. Great courtrooms. Dining is good and reasonably priced. Neighborhood is ok.

One personal statement. LSAT for my class was around a 156.

Theory based the first year as typical, from there on out much more practicality thrown in. Alot of advocacy, clinics and internship opportunities available.

Normal LSAT grades, transcripts and typical law school application with essay required.

Scholarship opportunites

Other

Most professors are excellent, but the school has a habit of using adjuncts who are clearly not at the same level. Having said that, if you do happen to get some of those great professors - they completely make up for the duds. Socratic method is used a lot during the first year, but not carried over so much in the following years. Grading is the law school curve . . . which would be fine except the school adjusted the median grade upwards after I started. As a part-time student, this means my class rank will be lower because I graduate with the full time class that had the benefit of the higher curve. The unwillingness of the school to offer some corrective measure has been frustrating. There is not a lot of academic advising - the school could benefit from a formal advising program. Class size: varies according to the course. Study Abroad: Stetson has a wonderful international office and the study abroad program I was able to experience was monumental.

The area around the school and west of it are beautiful . . . beach life in Florida! But the neighborhoods towards the east are seedy, poorer and have high incidents of crime. Occasionally there is spill over on campus. I think maybe one car has been broken into since I've been attending. The school facilities are good, but I wish there were more study rooms. I also wish there were more food options (especially in the evening).

Submit application, essay, resume, LSAT score, transcripts.

Cost of housing is a little too high, especially given that you have to pay for laundry (though it is very reasonable) and have to pay an additional $50 a month if you want television service, and that the on campus internet blocks a lot of programs from internet access. The Campus is beautiful. The library is great because it is open 24 hours to students which is AMAZING. Computer labs are located in the library, so they are also open 24 hours, and they are rarely crowded because most people have their own computers. The four full courtrooms on campus are wonderful and extremely professional. Cafeteria has pretty inadequate hours. The on campus coffee shop is better, but still not open all hours of the night, though there is an overpriced coffee machine in the library. Safety is top notch.

Requires LSAT, an application, and a statement of interest.

I think the academics at the school are exceptional, but there are a few exceptions that bring down the overall academic quality at the school. The classes are too theoretical to gain a practical understanding of being a lawyer, and more emphasis should be put on clinics or even starting a legal aid clinic on campus. The advocacy and study abroad programs are top notch.

School is in a great location and all of the facilities are impeccable.

Unknown.

The quality of life at Stetson is great. The campus is interesting and very well maintained. The gym could definitely use a revamp and the computers are very outdated (as is the internet connection). We have an abundance of courtrooms, the housing seems to accomodate a bunch of people. The dining facilities are adequate size wise but the food they serve is top notch. The neighborhood is a bit "sketchy" with "marginal" areas on nearly all sides. A bunch of the housing directly around the campus is Stetson owned with is quite nice for buffering the school.

Plenty of great study abroad opportunities, great and experienced professors that have passion for their topics. The London program is one of a kind and absolutely worthwhile.

Cost of living, etc are all good. Overall happiness is good. Housing department is absolutely wonderful. Internet connect is terrible on campus. Public safety is kind, and the campus is always safe

See: Admission files.

Very little practical study.

Pretty good facilities, good food, decent neighborhood.

LSAT, Application, Personal Statement, etc.

First year: Socratic method heavily employed in most classes; currently, in my second year and I love that Stetson focuses on practical study. Grading is not bad, curve is 2.91-3.1 in most average classes, very notable faculty: Bruce Jacobs, Charles Rose, Ellen Podgor, William Kaplin, Edward Kionka- all have received outstanding commendation from the legal community and when traveling, I mention their names and immediately, other attorneys want to talk about what it was like to study with those outstanding scholars.

Everyone is very friendly, which makes law school so much more bearable. Most people seem happy, except during exam time, which is completely normal. Cost of living in St. Petersburg/Gulfport is very reasonable, however, St. Petersburg does have a very high crime rating so it is necessary for new students to scope out the area before deciding where to live. Campus is beautiful, the moot courtrooms are very frequently used by outside legal community.