The quality is very good. I would say the majority of the professors are first rate and I would give them 10s. There have been a few professors who are poor or fair, which is why I gave it a 7 overall. The professors really try and bring a more practical application to the class. It could be that way simply because I am part of a part-time section, but I find the lessons to be quite practical and immediately applicable to my work. The Trial Adv. program is also amazing. The grading is tough but fair and we've been able to attract some excellent visiting professors and speakers. There is a wonderful study abroad program that I would love to take advantage of. The workload is tough for the part-time crew. It has been difficult balancing a full time job with essentially a 3/4-time law school education.

Its brutal because I don't see my family as much as I would like. The campus is beautiful. The library is outstanding and accessible. Moot court, trial team, and so forth is unreachable for us part-timers who are working. The amount of time you need to dedicate to work and the school leaves little time for the fun stuff that I would normally like to participate in. Community relations is pretty good. The school is also very safe.

The admissions process seems on par with most of the other places I applied. There wasn't a specialized essay to get in. There do not seem to be many opportunities for straight academic scholarships, however, there are a large number of targeted scholarships.

Stetson is known for advocacy training. They have some stellar professors that have really made the grade - then, some adjuncts that may know their stuff, but not how to teach it to others. Most do not teach via the Socratic Method; some spoon feed you the information and then kill you with the exam, others are truly stellar professors and make it all worth while. Once you are past your first year, they throw you out of the nest. There is virtually NO academic advisers to help you determine which classes best match up to your choice of career. Big downer - they only post the upcoming class schedule a semester at a time!! If you have a class conflict, there is virtually no way of knowing if the class you want/need will be offered in a future semester. Horrible way to run a school - especially one as expensive as Stetson. No chance to plan out your classes - you just take your chances! Class sizes are decently small. They offer advocacy concentrations and are known for the elder law concentration. To be a star here, you have to be willing to put your life on hold and participate in either trial team or moot court board. Both of these get a lot of attention at school - but the schedule is grueling! Study abroad is readily available.

Have no basis for comparison as to the cost of living for other dorms, but these are really OLD. They have been nicely redone,, but the AC system is older than most of the professors! What that means is that you either have heat - or cold. You cannot get rid of the humidity in your room. Your clothes stay damp. And, your book pages curl up. Other than that... Courtrooms are nice. Have the 2nd DCA hearing oral arguments here on a regular basis. Good for seeing how the "pros" do it. Cafeteria is only open part of the day, which makes it difficult if you live on campus. Only dining for dinner is a small campus cafe or going into town. Town is nice enough - great little bar on the beach for enjoying a beer.

You apply - you breathe - you get in. There are few good financial aid or scholarship opportunities that work for most of us. Rather disappointing.

With a few exception the faculty is mediocre, the best classes are provided by visiting professors and adjuncts.

Application, Essay and letter of recommendation

Study abroad opportunities are excellent. The faculty far exceeded my expectations. However, I do not feel like I was truly challenged in the way that I expected from a law school. I also feel, based on their behavior and perfromance, that a certain percentage of students truly do not want to be here and the school administration seems to ignore that fact.

The library is great. The student activities center is acceptable. The classrooms are well equipped. I think the school could use more classrooms and some dedicated meeting rooms for student organizations.

Stetson was the only school to which I applied. Location and a spring semester starting date were the primary factors I considered. Given that I only looked at one application, I can't really comment on the process in comparison to other schools.