“Great regional law school”
February 2016FORMER STUDENT

Accessible professors that really care about their students; solid reputation in the Central/Southwest Florida market.

There are too many classes only offered at night to accommodate the school's large population of part-time students.

Comments

Not the school to go to if you want to move out of state. It is a great school but does not have the national reputation needed to be hired outside of Florida.

It is a beautiful resort near the beach. It is full of wonderful people.

There is a mandatory two-weeks orientation program that provides the fundaments of the US Legal system, and the american law school methodology in order to immerse foreign attorneys in the academic atmosphere. The class of Legal Research and Writing is extraordinatia and equips foreign attorneys with the fundamental tools to succeed in the American Legal Market Place. International Law is taught by an extraordinary Professor Luz Nagle, an international speaker. Class size is extraordinary for LL.M. A group of 15 to 20 persons. The Program is tailored according to students' interest.

The life is full of peace, the atmosphere invites student to focus on their studies, but also the Campus has facilities that allow us to enjoy the swiming pool, gym, games. Also, there is a terrific section of Movies at the library that can be borrow at any time.

TOEFL

Letters of Reference

Personal Statement

Application

LL.B Transcripts

Other

Other

The professors provide a great balance of theory and practical experience in their lectures. While some professors use the Socratic method, it is very minimal at best, and even when it is used the professors are not intimidating. They don't seek to embarass students but instead intellecutally stimulate and challenge them, without it being a stressful experience. I loved my professors and the opportunity provided to me by Stetson. Many of my professors were very dynamic using props and great stories to illustrate legal concepts and make the classes more interesting and entertaining.

The Librarians at Stetson are phenomenal not only are their very accessible, they are friendly and will go out of their way to help you as much as possible. There were seeminly no criminal incidents during my time at Stetson, and if any they were minor issues like bike theft because someone left their bike unlocked.

The admissions process runs smoothly. It is very easy to get updates on the status of your application and if something is pending. The financial aid office is also very helpful, however I would like it if there was more financial aid in the form of scholarships for students.

First year class sizes are approximately 60 students per class. Professors practice the Socratic method mixed with lecture. Class sizes after the first year are not as large. Skill classes are personable, some as small as 20 students. Students are competitive but not obnoxiously competitive. Feels more like a community because the faculty are so caring. Many study abroad opportunties, which I took advantage of and it was a very valuable experience. Research opportunities are always available with faculty, other scholars, even judges in Florida and outside of Florida. Mandatory grading curve when I entered Spring 2008 was approximately a 2.79; the class average could not be above that curve. I think the mandatory curve is 3.0 now for first year students. The workload is intense but very worthwhile.

State of the Art moot courtrooms, library and computer labs. Help with finding housing. Complete meals provided in one dining area, quick meals provided in the campus cafe. Opportunities to interact with the community, such as Martin Luther King Parade, Habitat for Humanaity, helping the community prepare tax returns, campus safety and IT personnel is excellent, etc...

LSAT, personal stateement and essay, references, financial aid emails scholarship opportunities.

The classes are no more than seventy. Professors describe theory of law and we debate the practicality. Students are required to have at least one academic and career advising session. Stetson posts all career, pro bono and research opportunities on the website or through emails.

The library is 24 hour access with a knowledgeable staff and plenty of study rooms. The area surrounding Stetson is small and quaint and close to the water.

Stetson required three recommendations. They wanted a personal statements as to why I wanted to attend Stetson and what I wanted to do with my degree.

Socratic method is used. Overall the school places a large emphasis on practical skills. The National Clearinghouse for Science, Technology and the Law is located on campus and provides a unique research opportunity for students. Stetson's Advocacy Boards are consistently ranked #1 in the nation for trial advocacy, and we have a very extensive study abroad and student exchange programs, giving students the opportunity to study in numerous locations across on four continents.

LSAT, letters of recommendation, undergraduate transcript, personal statement, nothing unexpected.

Socratic method for basic classes, fantastic clinic and internship opportunities

LSAT, essay, committee