“It is not worth the money”
July 2020FORMER STUDENT

The only good thing about this school is the location. Otherwise, it is not worthy, Rutgers offers a better deal for a small fraction of the tuition at SHL. Also, most judges in New Jersey are Rutgers Law alumni, as well as most partners of big law firms in the area, thus Rutgers Law offers a better career network than SHL

They play favoritism in everything they do including your grades. It does not matter how hard you work towards your grades because the so called “anonymous grading” does not exists since professors ultimately have discretion in grading. They grade according to whom they like, thus, those students that the professors prefer end up getting the highest grades. The Dean of Student is not helpful at all and extremely snooty. The people at career service sequester the best jobs for those students whom they like. It does not matter if you have good grades, it boils down at whether they like you. This majority of the professors have been teaching for years and have not had contact practiced law in decades. Therefore what they teach you is not what you need to work in the real world. Do not spend so much money in a school that does not appreciate your hard work. This school is overrated!!!

Comments

Most of the 1L professors do not teach you what it is important about the subject and have huge egos. The classes are about you learning how “great” and “smart” they are, instead of teaching you the subject. You end up teaching yourself most of the subjects. Avoid this school!

“Great Law School”
March 2019FORMER STUDENT

Terrific professors that are both practical and academic--very beneficial in career

School could do a better job focusing on all the student, not just certain interest groups or top students

Comments

Would definitely take seton hall over any other school. All around top-notch

“Law School”
February 2019CURRENT STUDENT

I like the fact of ease customer service. Response time is great.

The lack of response in grading. Inability to know how you are doing throughout the term

Comments

I like the fact of obtianing an MSJ after I reconsidered law school. This turned out being a great alternative

“SHL Alum”
June 2018FORMER STUDENT

School truly has fantastic professors that are engaging and intelligent. Coursework made studying for the bar much easier than anticipated. Clinical experience has still been one of the highlights of my career. Excellent alumni network in NJ - SHL alumni dominate the larger NJ firms and judicial clerkships (including federal district court).

It is an expensive school for the ranking and limited geographical mobility of the degree. Still challenging to break into the NYC market, although the top 10% of the class has a decent shot.

Comments

Consider whether Rutgers, a state alternative, makes better financial sense. I attended on scholarship and because I fortunately did well academically, had no issues finding employment and a federal clerkship. I will say, however, the lower parts of the class may struggle to find decent jobs.

“Great School”
May 2018FORMER STUDENT

atmosphere; professors are top notch; alumni connections are strong, especially in New Jersey

Of course, tuition could be lower but it is no more than any other comparable school and with that in mind it is a great value considering the terrific employment outcomes.

Comments

Seton Hall is undervalued. I think it is more of a top 20 school with a top 50 type perception. It is definitely on an upward projection and has been for a long time.

“Despite the ranking, excellent law school experience.”
October 2017FORMER STUDENT

Fantastic professors, many of whom were practitioners prior to teaching and add their practical perspectives to the material.

The cost to attend is high, especially in comparison to Rutgers' in-state school tuition.

Comments

Don't let negative online reviews and articles deter you - if you want to practice in New Jersey, Seton Hall will provide a quality legal education and strong alumni network.

“Great Training Ground For Soon to be Lawyers”
April 2015FORMER STUDENT

Good Professor and Student relations

Great IT department

Nice campus

IP Law Concentration program is the best

Too competitive

Lack of support from the administration regarding job placement

Cafe is just ok

Comments

The health care law and IP concentration program is great. Highly recommend participating in a legal clinic or appeallate clinic classes for credit.

“Regional school”
March 2015CURRENT STUDENT

Strong nj presence, great health law program, great clerkship opportunities

Too regional, no ny reach, not many big law at fall oci, costly

Comments

You need to have substantial scholarship to attend. You need to want to practice in NJ.