“Good”
April 2020CURRENT STUDENT

Faculty is very kind, lots of course offerings, I like it here.

The high student to faculty ratio. I think learning in a lecture hall with 60 other ppl is difficult- it makes me feel less inclined to raise my hand, ask questions, engage with the Professor, because I am generally shy and don't want to "bother" ppl. I think learning environments are better when they are smaller- 10-12 students max in a classroom. I do understand though that fiscally that might not be very feasible especially with 1L classes.

Comments

Look at other schools with low student to teacher ratios. And definitely don't consider law school without a scholarship. I would never attend if I had to pay full price. Choose a different career.

“Not recommendable!”
December 2019FORMER STUDENT

Mostly good and smart professors. The campus is nice. The cafeteria staff is super nice and the food is good most of the time.

For some reason the school is in deep financial trouble which I hardly understand considering the excessive tuition, dorm rent etc. This shows in every aspect. The can hardly be considered a living space. In winter you freeze to death because the roof does not have insulation. Only one floor has acceptable bathrooms. The bathrooms on all other floors are disgusting and need to be completely redone. There is only one kitchen which is in the basement and is really filthy. I'd recommend tearing the building down completely and redoing it. The professors are good but the admin staff is rude and impolite (apart from some exceptions) treating the students like criminals and an annoyance. For the money you pay at Pace you would accept a way better service. Students that want to transfer are pressured into staying. Career services does not take your personal aspirations into account at all and is unhelpful in every aspect unless you want to hear about all the jobs you allegedly cannot get. This starts already in your first semester. The library was pretty much the only working department but they let many of the staff go. Pace law focuses mainly on environmental law and puts all the money in this department which is why the others have to suffer. Definently do not go to this school if you want to work in the private sector.

Comments

If you cannot get into any other school transfer out.

“NEVER COME HERE”
November 2019CURRENT STUDENT

The Professors are great. They're all really intelligent and are willing to help their students

EVERYTHING ELSE SUCKS. From Dannat Hall (this bug infested, unheated in 20 degree weather, sad and decrepit excuse for a living space) to the administrative staff to job prospects. Pace Law could not care less about its students. The Deans are useless; their job titles are just that and nothing more, and they will do 0% for the students. The lower staff are even worse somehow. They threaten top students that want to transfer out. Get as far away from Pace Law as you can. Maybe if the staff, starting with the Deans, cared a little more, and better prepared its students for the bar exam, their rankings could be higher. Don't come to this school just because you want to do environmental law. You might change your mind and find yourself stuck at a dead end school that was about to be closed.

Comments

Pace Law lies about every positive thing it tries to sell students on about this school. I urge you, as someone with experience with this school, you want to stay far away from this school. If you have high aspirations and you want a quality education, Pace is not the school to settle for.

“Great Environmental Law School”
February 2019FORMER STUDENT

The schools offers tons of environmental law classes, an awesome environmental litigation clinic, and an environmental law review.

It felt like unless you are the top of the class, the school doesn't actively help students with job placement.

Comments

If you want to practice environmental law, pace is an awesome school to start your career.

“Great Law Program”
May 2018FORMER STUDENT

Faculty and instructors are great. Very approachable. Great environmental law program. The school has a federal internship program which is great - students can intern at the SDNY with a judge for a semester.

Wish there were more clinic options. Although there are a lot of great internship programs.

Comments

I recommend visiting the campus and taking a tour to get a feel for the school. Also, if you are interested in working in nonprofit or environmental law, the professors and classes are excellent.

“Great People”
July 2016CURRENT STUDENT

Great Staff that is always there to help and guide you

Environmental Program is ranked among the top in the nation

The demographics on campus are extremely diverse

Because the school is so well known for environmental law, the other portions of the curriculum take a back seat

Comments

If you are looking to become an environmental/real estate/energy attorney, and are looking to be in the Metropolitan area, Pace has to be your top choice.

“Pace Law”
July 2015FORMER STUDENT

Some professors know their subjects very well and genuinely care for their students. The class sizes are fairly small allowing for more interaction with professors. Easy to get in.

Job prospects are terrible. The career services have no idea what they are doing. The management of the school is horrible at helping their students achieve their goals.

Comments

If this is the best option you can get I would suggest sticking it through, getting good grades, and transferring.

Note: all of the classes that I take are environmentally related, because of my program, so I can't speak to the regular law program. The quality of the courses is very high and there are many environmentally related courses to choose from. The classes tend toward the practical side--projects and memos similar to what I've encountered in internships, rather than the standard socratic method and final combination. The class sizes are fairly small (the largest I've taken was about 30 people, the smallest has 6 people), and the students tend to be supportive rather than competitive. There are extensive research opportunities, with professors often offering extra curricular research projects for interested students. The grading scheme is curved, I believe around a B+. The faculty are very involved in the community and in publishing, including John Nolon who publishes extensively in land use topics relating to smart growth and climate change and several professors who are involved in local volunteer organizations. Although I have not had the opportunity to take advantage of them, there are study abroad opportunities and externships in NYC and DC. The workload varies considerably depending on the professor.

I'm in the Environmental LLM program (a one year masters program), so the admissions process is more individualized--not based on LSAT scores, but instead primarily on resume and statement of interest.

Safe community, beautiful campus, modernized library facilities and computer labs, many reasonably priced options for housing off-campus. Multitude of healthy food options (even organic) on and off campus.

Great scholarship opportunities even for average students.

Class size tends to be small, especially after first year. This really helped me to get to know my professors and get personalized attention.

The school's admissions process is different from others because they interview candidates. You have to apply early to be selected. I interviewed with an Admissions Counselor and I think it helped me get accepted.