Great, inspiring, practical classes led me to my career in public interest law ans litigation.

Involved, fun student body with many opportunities for social and academic interaction.

I do not remember anymore, to be honest! I'm sure they required all of the listed information, additional essays, etc.

Most professors use some version of the Socratic method in their classes. Many professors emphasize the practical application of the law. All professors are required to have experience practicing law, so they often bring in examples from their work. Some professors also like to use simulations and oral argument in their substantive classes. 1L classes are usually 60 people. Your first year Research & Writing class is usually 12 people. Upper level courses range from 6-60 people in the class.

The campus facilities are great! You have access to two great gyms, fitness classes, a pool, and intramural sports. There are lots of computer labs, unlimited free printing, and lots of comfortable study space. There are lots of nearby dining options.

The admissions process is about the same as anywhere else. Mentioning your interest in public interest law or the co-op program may help your personal statement. There is a Dean's scholarship available. I received $8,500/year for three years. There are also endowed scholarships available in your second and third years. These are usually around $1000 each.

Unique "co-op" program allowed me to pursue my interest in real estate law during my 4 separate "co-op" quarters, essentially 3 month internships. By focusing on my personal interests on while on co-op, I could take various law classes that interested during my "academic" quarters.

Grading system: there are no letter grades, only written evaluations. Most importantly, there is no class rank.

Newly transformed building given to the law school from the undergraduate school greatly expanded the spaces. Improved library space, although more traditional study tables are needed.

Brand new moot courtroom and computer labs (2009).

Cost of living in Boston is somewhat expensive. Many students choose to live in nearby Jamaica Plain where rents are more reasonable.

Essays, LSAT, admissions review committee includes professors and current students. Additional Public Interest Law Scholarship (PILS) application for full scholarship, but must pursue career in public interest law.

great classes, frequent practical focus, Socratic method in first year courses, faculty very eager to advise, unique first year program with a client project component, grading through evaluations

two essays (one general, one public interest), LSAT score, transcripts, letters of recommendation, Dean's scholarship recipiant

Northeastern offers the traditional first year courses, then offers alternating quarters during years 2 and 3 for academics and co-op internships. Northeastern also offers a variety of clinic experiences (e.g., domestic violence, health law, etc.). The quality of teaching at the law school is outstanding and the co-op experience is tremendous. I went to a large law firm after graduation and definitely saw how the co-op experiences gave me a practical edge over first year associates from other law schools.

Northeastern is in Boston, so cost of living is high. When I attended the school the technology services were very good, but the main campus buildings were being renovated. I recently visited the school and found the completed renovation to be a wonderful mix of architecture and state of the art facilities.

To the best of my recollection, the admission application was unique to Northeastern and required the usual information (undergraduate transcript, LSAT scores, career history, essay). I also sought out an interview with the admissions department to learn more about the program, and attended an admitted students open house. I thought Northeastern's admissions process and approach was significantly stronger than the other schools I applied to.

Small class sizes, study and work abroad, focus on practical learning and real world focus, no class ranks or grades, but comprehensive evaluations

Great new facilities

LSAC and unique application questions

The narrative evals drive some of us crazy, but I find them useful, especially when they're the only feedback you might receive for the whole course. Employers are tuned into the eval process, so I don't see them as hindering the job search.

The application just wants to know why you're interested in Northeastern. The school has a reputation for attracting liberal students, but they're really just looking for applicants who are willing to think creatively about classic problems.

2 optional essays

There were three optional essay questions to supplement the general LSADS application. There was no extra financial aid application besides the fafsa.

Northeastern's co-op program makes it one of the very best law schools in America. Its focus on experiential learning truly distinguishes NUSL.