I found the Socratic method to be a joke. I spent most of my time in on facebook and for most of my classes (especially this last year) I couldn't even tell you what I was supposed to have read, let alone what we were talking about on any given day. Had I paid attention, I would probably be extremely well-versed in the law, and many of my classmates are. But my lazy butt usually crams for 2 weeks at the end of the semester and gets at least a B. The bottom line is you get what you give as far as academics go. No one is going to hold your hand and/or make you pay attention.

I will say that the practical classes such as trial practice or any drafting class are extremely valuable. I was originally drawn to Loyola because of its Elder Law Initiative and Elder Law Clinic. The intiative appears to have fizzled as of summer 2009 and the clinic was disbanded at that time, too. So that was a bust. However, I was able to participate in the Community Law Center Clinic and that was a great experience. If you have an interest in getting experience in a particular area, Loyola will try to make it happen for you.

This is an expensive town, books are expensive, we share the facility with the school of business and an undergraduate library, so that's annoying, the library is a decent place to study, the computers in the lab are virus-ridden and ancient, the newly-renovated ceremonial courtroom is georgous but the sun gets in your eyes during afternoon classes (it also seems way too big to be considered a courtroom - more like a congressional chamber), you live in Chicago which I consider to be awesome, if you are careful you'll be safe. I am overall happy with the school and my choice to go there.

Unable to recall anything out of the ordinary. I took the LSAT and scored in the high-median range of what Loyola accepted that year. I filled out an application and submitted a personal statement. I was able to do it throught the LSAC website. I recieved an alumni grant of $8,000 per year, which came to about a 25% discount on tuition.

The Socratic method is really only dominant during the first year of classes. It really isn't too much to worry about, as everyone gets used to it. Students here aren't overtly competitive. No one will try to sabotage another's chances at a good grade here. People go out of their way to help one another, if anything.

The school is a bit pricey. It's a job moreso than undergrad, so I don't really use the amenities.

It depends on the profesor. Some classes were theoretical while others were practical. Socratice method is heavily enforced your first year. After that again it depends on the professor but for the most part the Socratic method isn't used as often after that. People aer competitive but like most schools pretend they are not.

Is expensive to live in downtown Chicago but if you live further from school it's ok. No real campus. Some of the facilities have been recently updated but others remain antiquated. Computer labs are good. I wish there were more. Moot courtroom is new. Housing is across the street from the law school but you are housed with undergraduate students. Law students should have their own housing. Never ate at the school. Neighborhood is safe because it's in the Gold Coast. Water Tower campus is safe but there is a lot of crime in the undergraduate campus. Overall my experience with Loyola is ehhh.

I am unfamiliar with the admission process.