“Masters Program”
March 2019FORMER STUDENT

Courses offered at night permit full time work schedule. Most classes are at night.

Courses offered are high quality but only limited number of courses offered.

Comments

Offers a high quality education for student with a full time work schedule.

“JD”
February 2019FORMER STUDENT

Great hands on experience. Knowledgeable Professors. Amazing job placement department

Size of entering class as well as the cost of education.

Comments

Great law school if you are looking for practical experience mixed in with your education.

“Great school and teachers”
April 2018FORMER STUDENT

Quality of teachers who enjoyed teaching very much. Amazingly helpful administration. Hot girls everywhere.

By and large the biggest problem with this place is the ghetto location and small size of the campus. I wish it were located on their main campus in marina del try.

Comments

Take as many classes as you can with Prof Seto and Prof Willis.

“Career Services”
February 2018FORMER STUDENT

Career Services was extremely helpful during OCI. I felt supported and confident walking into my interviews. Career Services is the reason I landed a summer associate position at my top choice.

Administrators and other resources are not open during the evening. This means that a lot of evening students do not have access to resources after they get off work and come to campus.

Comments

Try to attend as full time student and take advantage of the career services department. The more they get to know you the more they will be able to help you land a job.

“Loyola Law - LA”
February 2018FORMER STUDENT

very well respected in Los Angeles; The school has connections with a lot of judges; the students at the top of the class are very smart, driven, and ambitious individuals

The caliber of students at the school has a positive correlation with GPA and class rank

Comments

Other than UCLA and USC, Loyola is the top school in Los Angeles. It has decent job prospects, a lot of connections, and faculty really try to help students out

“Large classes, but many opportunities”
August 2017FORMER STUDENT

Good, engaging professors

Evening program is very collegial

Many options for classes and extracurriculars

Nice campus

Bad neighborhood

Popular classes fill up quickly

Could use improvement on placing graduates

Comments

Consider which concentration/specialization works for you. Evening program is filled with older, less competitive, but more collegial students.

“Invested in Students' Success”
July 2017CURRENT STUDENT

Professors are very willing to help with securing summer jobs and jobs for after graduation.

They are very strict on test taking procedures and don't let you bring in water or food

Comments

If you like a smaller school setting where professors are able to get to know you personally, this would be a great fit.

“Great if you want to practice in Los Angeles”
February 2017FORMER STUDENT

If you do well, you can easily get a job in Los Angeles. If you graduate in the top percentiles you can get a job at most firms in Southern California.

Some of the people I studied with very smart. There were also some students that were not very bright.

Comments

I heard that career services does little for those students who do not fall within the top percentiles after the first year.

“LLM ((Taxation)”
December 2016FORMER STUDENT

Adjunct professors working in the industry

Very smart faculty who want to teach, not just write research papers

Flexible p/t available

Mature student body

Very expensive

Really no other cons I can think of.

Comments

I loved this course, but then I am very nerdy.

“Loyola Law School”
July 2016CURRENT STUDENT

Great, engaging professors that care about their students and challenge them to think like a lawyer

Since the campus is detached from LMU it leaves a student wanting more options on places to study and eat

Comments

The upside to being downtown is that you are close to many firms and courthouses that you may end up interning at during the year, and LA Live (which has many restaurants) is a short walk away