FSU has great Professor's, and small class sizes. Some Professor's do use the Socratic method, but their questions are generally straightforward, and if you are struggling with the answer they will usually give you a follow up question to push you in the right direction. While students are trying to get the highest grades they can, there is not a competitive atmosphere at FSU, and almost everyone is willing to help out their fellow students, whether it be by sharing notes and outlines or talking you through a difficult hypothetical.. FSU also has a great study-abroad program at Oxford University, and while I did not attend myself, the students who do have nothing but positive things to say about it.

The cost of living in Tallahassee is very low; there are numerous apartment complexes to accommodate the vast number of students that reside in Tallahassee, and this results in price competition between the complexes and low rates for residents. Tallahassee has a lot of nice neighborhoods with safe and affordable housing, and is in general a relatively safe city. The Law School campus is very nice, and will be improving considerably once our new building (formerly the Florida First District Court of Appeals Courthouse) opens up. The law school's Research Center has everything you need to be successful in law school, and the staff is very knowledgeable and helpful. Overall, FSU students have a great quality of life.

Applying to FSU is no more difficult than any other law school, and in my experience it is one of the most efficient schools in terms of processing applications in a timely manner. FSU has an efficient and simple financial aid process, and there are numerous scholarship opportunities for qualified applicants.

LSAT, GPA, letters of recommendation, resume, transcripts. Lot of financial aid available. Multiple scholarships available in admissions process as well as throughout schooling.

It all depends on what class you are taking. First year courses are typically larger and professors use the Socratic method. Second and third year courses are smaller and more intimate and professors typically take volunteers and welcome healthy debate. The faculty is amazing.

Cost of living in Tallahassee is very reasonable. I attended FSU for my undergraduate studies and loved living on campus. Now I live minuutes from the law school in the art district and I walk to school. I absolutely love it! We just received the old 1st DCA building so we will have the premier court rooms for Moot Court and Mock Trial in the country by Spring 2012. Local restaurants are like no others!! FSU Police Department is one of the top 5 university police departments in the country, so although Tallahassee is not the safest place, I feel safe. I absolutely love it here!

The application was pretty comparable to most of the schools I applied to. The admissions faculty make phone calls to tell you that you have been accepted. I received a call 2 weeks after I applied. It made me feel so special and wanted that I knew there was no other school for me.

The quality of the faculty is just first rate. Class sizes are relatively small.

Excellant. Everything is convenient and reasonably priced. The college town atmosphere is friendly and safe.

2004 or earlier

The professor were and are highly respected in their fields. Their approaches to legal education varied professor to professor and year to year. Although the first year was largely Socratic it was in a less stressful fashion to ensure participation and understanding of the material.

The Tallahassee area is very student friendly. There are so many options for living off campus to suit anyones needs. The cost of living is also very reasonable and with it being a small low crime area that costs of transportation and insurance are low. It is a great community perfectly suited to professional students due to the availability of all levels of Florida courts, legislative activity and opportunities for internships during school.

They required an essay, two written recommendations in addition to the state university system application. I recall that an LSAT score was required for consideration but am not sure what the minimum score was at the time. They evaluated every applicatant as a whole, not just based on scores. The average GPA and LSAT scores have sky rocketed since my time at the law school.

2004 or earlier

FSU has fantastic facilities and a wonderful atmosphere

The academics at the FSU Law School are second to none as far as I am concerned. I concentrated on environmental law and found the class offering and faculty to be exceptional. There are also a number of notable professors in other areas like Con Law, Evidence and Property that one should experience if going to FSU. I also had the opportunity to intern at the First DCA in Tallahassee and found it to be an excellent experience. The workload is demanding but I found all of my professors approachable and willing to help if you take advantage of the opportunity.

The cost of living is pretty reasonable in Tallahassee. The law school campus is extremely nice and is set to expand over the next year or two. Housing around the law school is mostly apartments that are decent, not great but also not extremely expensive. I really enjoyed my law school experience.

I only remember the application process being lengthy.

2004 or earlier

class sizes are very small which results in a lot of interaction between the professor and students. Research opportunities are always available for those looking / interested. Very strong emphasis on quality of legal writing

library open 24 hours, easy access to plenty of parking, great court room and access to even more state court rooms, outskirts of campus so easy commute, very safe, everyone is extremely friendly and gets along well

very high lsat score requirements. Smaller class than other FL public schools so have to be more selective.