Curve is tough. Small class sizes. Heavy workload. Great judicial clerkship program.

Low cost public school. Fantastic library (brand new).

Standard

most classes are excellent. professors always try to mix theory and practice and most are great at the Socratic method. Some professors get research assistants over the summer and the library staff provides reasearch training sessions to hone our abilities using Lexis or Westlaw. There is great diversity in the faculty, each member provides a unique insight about their are of study. Also, visiting faculty are exceptional academics as well.

I feel absolutely safe at school. I'm a night owl and often stay studying at the library until late and the street are well lighted and there is often police cars around. the library is awesome, with lots of room to study. the neighborhood is a very lively area, with plenty of places to dine. From MacDonalds and Pollo Tropical to Chilli's and Larios.

they offer the 3+3 Program whihc allow students from the FIU Honors College to do their first year of law school after their junior year. I took that program and it worked out perfectly for me. I am inmeasurably thankful that FIU created that program. I saved one year of tuition from not doing my senior year as an undergrad. I also saved one year of studying and now I can start practicing what i love (and earning the $$$) one year in advance. The faculty and admissions staff made it very easy for me to submitt all the paperwork and clarify questions I had about the program.

When I began FIU COL the grading curve was brutal. I had no idea this was the case until I was halfway through my first semester. I would have SURELY picked another school if I had known that the median GPA was less than 3.0. It has been exhausting having to explain during interviews why my GPA is nowhere near a 4.0. Luckily, this has changed over the past year and grades are bit more...fair (just a bit). With that said, the professors are really top-notch and my legal studies are of top quality. Other than the curve,which is my only complaint, FIU COL provides its students with a wonderful legal education.

Tuition is great - one of the cheapest in the state. The FIU COL facilities are the prettiest of any Florida law school I have ever seen - seriously! It is located in a nice suburban area, with many restaurants and hot spots nearby.

I do not remember the process too well because I was admitted a few years back, but I do remember the LSAC website and application process being very confusing/unclear and the LSAT being exhausting. I don't remember much else, so I assume it went smoothly.

The faculty is very good. Professors Baker, Wasserman, Norberg, Rodriguez-Dod are among the finest in the nation. The workload is heavy, but that's expected in Law School. There is a great focus on the practice of law: on our LSV classes we not only write memos and petitions, but also have an oral argument in front of real judges. A wonderful (and scary) experience!

The campus is new, modern and uplifting. A good thing, considering we spend an average of 12 hours a day in the library!

Because the classes are not terribly large (generally less than 80 in 1L classes, and less than 30 in many of the 2L/3L classes, you can develop relationships with faculty, ask questions in a non-threatening environment, and develop great friendships--working relationships with peers.

This is Miami--a great cosmopolitan city with multiple opportunities for living arrangements. From South Beach to the more suburban environs nearer to campus, it is a happening place. There is no mass transit, so bring your car. The university is inland---about 11 miles from the beaches and accessible by highway directly.

GPA, LSAT, uses LSDAS, rolling admissions so can get admitted fairly early in the process

The professors were the top of their field and the students seemed to have more life experience and could actually actively engage one another.

Excellent it was a large academic community and had all the pluses associated with a large campus however the law school was much smaller and more personalized

Financial aid was very helpful in telling me about all loan/scholarship opportunities. The admissions process was normal for law school.

Knowledgeable, experienced professors who had ready command of the subject matter. Practitioners able to ready students for real-world practice.

Great campus. Presently, the facilities, such as moot courtrooms and classrooms, are excellent.

Accessible, personalized, efficient.

Most classes emphasize practical application of the law after the first year which is dominated by the Socratic method.

Standard LSAC with competitive LSAT scores and good undergraduate academic required.

I like the focus we have on international and comparative law. It's interesting to see how other countries' systems work. I did our school's study abroad program in Seville, Spain, and thought it was an excellent opportunity to experience another country and learn about their legal system. I have found the administration to be helpful and responsive to my individual needs. I am a part-time student, and balancing work and school can be difficult -- professors and staff are sensitive to this, and while they don't cut you any slack on the academics, they do try to make the administrative side of things as easy as possible.

In the evening program, fellow students don't seem to be cut-throat like I've heard they can be in other schools. For the most part, we got along, and helped each other.

It seems like our curve is a little tougher than other schools. It has been relaxed somewhat, now that we are a little more established. I think they made it tough in the early going because they wanted to establish a good academic reputation for FIU.

Outstanding faculty -- Scott Fingerhut for criminal law and trial advocacy. He connects very well with students, and is one of the most engaging professors I've ever had -- and I'm comparing that to every professor I had through undergrad, a master's program and now law school. Elizabeth Foley was my Civ Pro professor -- she does an excellent job at making a very dry subject interesting and understandable.

Our facilities are relatively new, and for the most part are nice. We seem to have had some budget issues that led to some maintenance being lacking -- there were electric window shades that were broken for several years. I think once Dean Acosta came in, that was addressed. They work now. I feel safe on campus, although a person was stabbed to death not far from our law school last year -- it wasn't a random crime, though. Some sort of fight that escalated.

Dining options aren't great. Because I go to school at night, it would be nice to be able to get a sandwich or something near the law school. The food court is about a 10 minute walk, and most of the restaurants in it close at 6 pm. There are vending machines in the law school, but no snack bar. Also, I hate that we are a Pepsi campus now. I drink Diet Coke, and have to bring a little insulated lunch bag with a couple of them in it if I want to have a Diet Coke.

I really don't remember much about the application process that was different from other schools. I applied for admission for the 2006 school year and then deferred, so it was quite a while ago.

The quality of classes and instruction is great, and the classes are very challenging. Some teachers use the Socratic method, or a form of it, but not all. Some cold-call on students, but others take volunteers to answer questions. Most of my first year professors offered some kind of review session before their final exams. Unique to FIU is the required international law component for all students. Many of my classmates attended the summer abroad program in Spain their first summer after the first year of classes, and enjoyed it.

The College of Law building is great, and offers state of the art equipment, library facilities, and courtrooms, but the rest of the campus is lacking. FIU dining choices are limited, and not much is happening on campus after 5 pm. But for a law student, this really won't matter because she'll be too busy to attend events, anyway. Although the college is in Miami, it is about a 30 minute drive to downtown and 45 minutes to South Beach. FIU still has somewhat of a commuter school feel to it.

The application required 1 Essay, 3 Letters of Rec, LSAT scores, and Transcripts. FIU's deadline was about a month to two months later than other schools to which I applied. I missed the deadline in applying for scholarships/grants, but was given adequate financial aid to cover tuition and housing costs. After completing my application, it took about six weeks to get an answer. FIU had a new student BBQ around the same time, so I attended it.