“I suggest going elsewhere”
September 2021CURRENT STUDENT

Professors are incredible. Many are too good for this school

The people. I came to Emory for the “culture”. Turns out the faculty, specifically admin but going as far as the librarians, are all people you don’t want to be stuck in an airport with. Students are (generally) just as bad if not worse

Comments

Look at Georgia. Public school with way better tuition and far nicer people. Makes a big difference when you are stuck somewhere for three years.

“Worst law school in America”
May 2021FORMER STUDENT

Nothing is great about the school. The administration is destroying the school and careless about its students, just their money. Go somewhere else. This school is a scam.

Comments

This school has a few great professors but overall it is a scam of a school. Do not apply and don’t accept an offer, even with scholarship!!!!!

“Hasn’t Fallen Far Enough in the Rankings”
May 2021CURRENT STUDENT

This school has very few redeeming qualities. A lot of the adjunct professors are really friendly, I guess.

Don’t know where to start with this one. There is so much to dislike. If I had to pick one thing, I would say I disliked the career center the most. I learned more about getting a job from Reddit than I did my career adviser.

Comments

Look elsewhere! Emory may seem like a good option at first, especially for people that want to stay in the South. Don’t fall for it.

“Do Not Go Here”
April 2021FORMER STUDENT

Atlanta is nice. The remainder of these words only exist to meet the minimum word requirement.

Bad value proposition.

Poor leadership.

Incompetent administrators.

Indifferent instructors.

Career center provides few resources.

Career advising is a joke.

No social scene or sense of community among students even before COVID

Comments

Don’t even bother applying. Many state schools offer similar career prospects for a much lower cost.

“Emory Law”
April 2018FORMER STUDENT

One of the better law schools in the southeast; only competitors are duke, Vanderbilt, and university of Texas

the school doesn't have a very good track record placing people in jobs

Comments

Emory should be considered if you want a regional southeastern school, and there is some portability of the name across the US

“Good school bad students”
February 2018FORMER STUDENT

The atmosphere, the people and the involvement of faculty. Everyone is nice and knowledgeable and will try to help you fit in. Great facilities and people.

Too many gunners, lots of hard workers lacking raw intelligence. School is bad at finding jobs.

Comments

It is an amazing school but if you want a great job before graduation make sure you work as hard as you can 1l year because it's going to be extremely tough afterwards.

“Solid Preparation”
March 2017FORMER STUDENT

I was well prepared for practice after I graduated from Emory.

I would have enjoyed a larger variety of corporate practice classes.

Comments

Emory is a great choice if you want to practice in Atlanta or New York. A bit harder to find immediate work outside those regions, but still possible.

“Great School”
January 2017FORMER STUDENT

Professors care about students and go out of their way to help them find employment

Not a cut throat environment

The career services department is terrible. The reality is that students need to do a lot of legwork to find employment

Comments

While located in GA, it is definitely a feeder school for big national markets. Students passionate about staying in GA may want to consider UGA. That being said, it has a very strong national reputation.

“Emory is the best place to study law seriously!”
July 2016CURRENT STUDENT

Very challenging environment. Professors are very exacting and passionate about law.

Very competitive environment. Any "B" grades are actually deserve to be straight "A".

Comments

You need to be sure that you want to devote all of your time (really - all!) to study law here.

“my USA memory”
November 2015FORMER STUDENT

beautiful school scene

good professors

friendly enviroment

nice classmates and lectures

does not provide career service for international students

doest not have oppotunity in NY job fair

Comments

the rank is high in US news, which will help a lot when finding jobs