Selective Socratic method, great academic support, competitive, study abroad opportunities

LIBRARY, computer labs

Wish that there are more coffee houses close by

LSAT, personal statement, recommendation letters

Professors at Cleveland-Marshall use a combination of the Socratic method and volunteers when conducing classes. Class sizes are approximately 150 students with 50 students per section. Students are competitive, yet, at the same time are willing to help one another. Grading is scaled on a curve, which is typically lower for first year students. Faculty is approachable and wants to help you learn. The workload is manageable, but most definitely keeps you busy.

My overall quality of life at Cleveland-Marshall is high. I had the opportunity to live at home, which is very beneficial given the expenses of law school. I spend most of my time studying in the law library which is equipped with ample space for students to study individually or in a group. Personally, I have not had any concerns with crime and safety; however, I am more cautious in the city than I was at my undergrad university which was located in a rural area.

LSAT, 2 unique application questions, apply through LSAC

There is a strong balance of theory and practical study. Socratic method is emphasized, especially first year. Grading is difficult as we were on a C curve first year and mostly B curve later (unlike other schools in the area that use the B curve throughout). There are many study abroad opportunities and the workload prepares you for the real world.

Cost of living is very competitive. The facility has made great strides in terms of modernization (e.g. great library, trial courtroom, etc.). Students are very eager to help each other and create lasting friendships.

Required LSAT. Free application. Scholarship opportunities offered.

Other