The grading curve puts the median at a 2.8, where other local schools have a 3.0 or 3.3 median. The classes are challenging, but manageable through good time-management. Although this school teaches a lot of theory, there are opportunities to learn practical skills such as drafting motions, mediation, client interviewing, and other clinics. In first year, the teachers use the Socratic method, and often include participation as part of your grade. Academic advising is lacking here, but if you know what kind of law you want to practice, you can pursue an emphasis. Also, you can take bar tested classes or Legal Analysis and Select Topics which are both good for bar preparation. I'm impressed by the intellect and the prestige of the faculty. They're also very accessible. Some of my professors are the brightest people I've met in my life. Many are ivy-educated, former members of law review, and have extensive practical and academic experience.

It's a safe place. I can leave my laptop unattended without worrying about it. Facilities are new and top-notch. Campus is beautiful, and you have access to the undergraduate campus. Though the law school is lacking it's own cafeteria, there is a cafe on the undergraduate campus. Overall, I'm very happy here.

The essay question is open-ended. The application process is standard, and you just need to apply online. As years pass, the school is getting more and more selective.

Very high quality of academics and faculty.

We have more school clubs than you can imagine - I think there are over 40. Many of my friends do research for their favorite professors. Im studying abroad in Alaska this summer and then spending next fall in Medellin, Colombia. There is a mix of practical study and theory. Professors use the socratic method, but competitiveness is not intense, its laid back and confortable. Students are friendly because we have a community environment.

Library is amazing, neighborhood is friendly and everything is in walking distance, I feel safe and happy, but it is a little expensive. The computer lab is open 24/7 and has free unlimited printing.

LSAT low to mid 160s. Lots of scholarship opportunities and good financial aid.

A good mix of theory and practice with an emphasis on real world applicability of theory. Frequently asked to present both sides of an argument

Areas around the school can be found for lower than average for the orange county/l.a. county area that are still decent. The facilities are great across the board. the campus is 15 minutes from the beach.

This is one of the best faculties in the nation. The courses are tailored to be practical and case study, prepping you for the bar exam. The first year is primarily socratic and professors call on students to handle cases and offer analysis. This is a competitive law school with moderate class sizes, a very diligent academic advising staff, challenging grading but hard work pays off. Study abroad opportunities are available. The faculty includes several extremely notable players, including the new Dean Tom Campbell.

Orange County is a moderate to expensive area, but the city of Orange itself has moderate and affordable housing in the area. The campus is TOP NOTCH, state-of-the-art, very aesthetically pleasing, and new. The library is accessible and also state of the art. The law school is located in the heart of Orange County...beach is about a 15 minutes drive. Overall, pretty safe.

The law school is on an upward trajectory and I believe they are hunting for top talent. There were two essays, letter of recommendations, and LSAT scores which were all sent through LSAC.

Chapman has a great community feel to the school and the professors are extremely helpful and friendly.

The school facilities are superb. If you are going to spend three years in a place it needs to be clean and comfortable. Chapman more than meets those needs.

Other

The faculty were all excellent with excellent credentials. They were accessible outside of class when needed. The class size were not too large. Each professor had their own style of teaching some were more lecture based, others used a combination of socratic method and lecture.

The cost of living a relatively high in Orange County, but many students are able to find affordable housing.

The law school library is clean, organized, well-stocked with all the resources you would need.

The law school building is modern and classy. The law school is located across the street from the main university campus which is appealing.

The admissions office looks at LSAT scores, undergraduate GPA, personal statements, letters of recommendations, work experience, and other unique experiences.

2004 or earlier

I think they are great because we have the right mix of theorists academics and also people who have practiced at big firms. Five former Supreme Court law clerks - who are surprisingly "cool" but obviously insanely smart. The program is definitely rigorous, but not the insane competitiveness that I saw elsewhere. The faculty seems to get along. There are a bunch of academic programs - including Tax (the biggest program), real estate, entertainment, trial advocacy, military law, elder law, and others that I can't remember right now...

This is where I was most impressed by Chapman. Every other school I visited had students who either hated or barely tolerated the place. Here students smile, help each other, are courtesy, etc. There are a few who are always bitter, but those people would be bitter anywhere they go.

The moot court rooms (trial AND appellate) are state of the art. The neighborhood and campus are super safe. It's in a small community surrounded by a huge metropolis, so it's like if Mayberry was 3 miles from New York - Orange is small, but surrounded by big city action.

The location is 5 miles from the Pacific ocean, so we have no mosquito's, no humidity, no snow, no ice, no 120 degree heat, etc. A nice way to spend 3 years.

1) The school selects from the top 33-40% of LSAT's,

2) I don't remember the application questions,

3) I did use LSAC or LSDAS - don't remember which one.

4) Scholarship is very liberal for high LSAT/UGPA students because they are competing against a lot of other schools in California and the west coast. There are lots of small annual scholarships for students in special areas like public interest, real estate, tax, trial advocacy, etc.

5) The financial aid is what I call "all the usual" because the Federal stuff is basically the same everywhere.

I experienced both the traditional socratic teaching method combined with wonderul opportunities to gain practical legal skills through clinical courses, practical skills courses, such as Lega Drafting, and externships. The faculty here have been trained in some of the most prestigious law schools in the country. The grading curve is also very tough. At the time I attended, the median was 2.7.

Beautiful quaint Old Towne Orange. Charming neighborhood with nearby old Victorian homes and California bungalows. Center of town often used as a movie location. Lots of fun shops and restaurants within walking distance. The law school building itself is new, lovely design, and state-of-the-art. Extremely safe. The mock trial courtroom is nicer than any of the actual superior court courtrooms in Orange County! Impressive appellate courtroom as well. Library is one of the best law libraries in the country.

I completed an application form, personal statement, LSAT, transcripts, and provided several recommendation letters.

2005