LSAT, personal statement, letters of rec, GPA, transcript - LSAC

Most professors are really great, especially the ones that have been with the school for a long time. Overall, I've been really happy with the quality of academics here.

The neighborhood around campus is great. There are a lot of places within walking distances. Most people are pretty cheerful and friendly and willing to help others.

Application process was very similar to other schools. There are a lot of financial aid and scholarship opportunities.

A lot of professors use the socratic method, although with some classes it tends to lessen in the second year. Class size range from 20-60 students. Students are generally friendly and willing to share class notes when you are absent. There is a friendly competitiveness. You can work with professors for directed research, study abroad. Professor McConville is probably one of the best professors at Chapman. She teaches Constitutional Law and Wills & Trusts.

If you have a high LSAT and GPA then you may qualify for a full or partial scholarship.

Small classes with wonderful professors. Everyone is very friendly and not cutthroat like in other schools. The workload is heavy--especially 1L year, which is truly hell.

Cost of living in Orange is expensive. The campus itself is beautiful and is located across the street from Chapman University. The computer lab is average--but most people have their own laptops. The moot courtroom is gorgeous! Orange also is a very safe area--not many crimes.

Standard application process. Students are required to register for the LSDAS in order to submit their applications. Must take the LSAT. Students with high GPAs and LSAT scores are offered very generous scholarships--although students must maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.0 based on a a 2.8 median (maintaining a 3.0 GPA is very difficult).

The overall quality of the classes is impressive, especially for a younger law school. For the most part, the classes employ more practical study than theory, which I believe is to be valued much more given that most of us will become practicing attorneys rather than legal philosophers or professional commentators. There is a good mix of notable and accomplished faculty members as well as opportunities to study abroad. The academic advising and career counseling department is extremely accessible and shows an honest and dedicated effort to helping students succeed.

Small classes. Great balance of professors who have spent most of their careers in academia and some incredible and experienced lawyers who became professors towards the end of their careers. Fairly competitive, but still somehow friendly.

Services and facilities are excellent. The library is great (and the librarians are exceptional), plenty of room in computer labs, local dining is great. Safe. Overall happiness...is it high at any law school? Not great, but not terrible for being law school...

Typical process, but we did have an essay.

It isn't a hardcore Socratic method type of learning environment. But EVERYONE can teach. It's a requirement to get tenure, and the school takes it very seriously.

Students are competitive but not in any way cutthroat. We share notes without question, and sabotaging other students is unheard of (except through horror stories from other schools).

We have a 2.8 median, which is lower than most schools, but personally I like it since I am not a fan of grade inflation.

The facilities are top notch, and we have both a trial and appellate courtroom. The food options are great since we are right down the street from the Orange Circle. The city is very safe so we rarely have to worry about anything.

The overall admissions process is standard. The school is great with scholarships though. Just stay above a 3.0 and you can keep your scholarship. They also offer earned scholarships for finishing with a sufficiently high class rank. They're very good incentives for students, and I know many students that didn't have scholarships were certainly motivated to attain them.

academics are good. i like the notable faculty.

same as most law schools

I have been very impressed with the quality of academics at my school. All of my professors come to class very prepared and give engaging semi-socratic lectures. The classes are competitive due to the grading curve, but there is an atmosphere of cooperation among the students. Plenty of opportunity for extracurricular activities such as clubs, Inns of Court, competition teams, journals and study abroad.

As mentioned above, there are lots of opportunities for activities both on the undergrad campus and at the law school (lectures, debates, concerts, etc.) We have great facilities to enjoy, and several fine student organizations such as the Public INterest Law Foundation, Federalist Society, and OUTlaw, among others. There is truly something for everyone at Chapman.

LSAT, GPA, resume, personal statement, letters of recommendation.

All my 1L professors used the Socratic method. Most of my 2L and 3L classes still used the Socratic method, but there were a handful that were more lecture based or asked for volunteers. Classes at Chapman Law are a little smaller than at other law schools. The students are competitive but are still friendly to each other. There are paid research positions available with some professors. Grading is on a 2.8 curve which means the median is set at 2.8 so it creates a bell curve with a few high grades and a few low grades but the majority of students in the middle. The work load is manageable as long as you learn some time management skills.

Orange County costs more than many other areas of the country, but there are affordable places to rent. The Chapman University campus is truly beautiful. Kennedy Hall, where the law school is located, is a magnificent facility. The library is fully stocked with everything you'll need to do research and plenty of desks to study on. Kennedy Hall has both a moot courtroom and a mock trial courtroom. Chapman is located in Old Town Orange which is the largest historic district in the United States west of the Mississippi. The area known as "The Circle" is full of restaurants and shops and has had many movies and TV shows filmed there because of its classic Americana look. Chapman has a great relationship with the community and the City of Orange is one of the safest in California.

Admissions process is similar to most schools with LSAT and GPA as the biggest admittance factors. Scholarships are awarded to quality applicants.