The grading curve puts the median at a 2.8, where other local schools have a 3.0 or 3.3 median. The classes are challenging, but manageable through good time-management. Although this school teaches a lot of theory, there are opportunities to learn practical skills such as drafting motions, mediation, client interviewing, and other clinics. In first year, the teachers use the Socratic method, and often include participation as part of your grade. Academic advising is lacking here, but if you know what kind of law you want to practice, you can pursue an emphasis. Also, you can take bar tested classes or Legal Analysis and Select Topics which are both good for bar preparation. I'm impressed by the intellect and the prestige of the faculty. They're also very accessible. Some of my professors are the brightest people I've met in my life. Many are ivy-educated, former members of law review, and have extensive practical and academic experience.

It's a safe place. I can leave my laptop unattended without worrying about it. Facilities are new and top-notch. Campus is beautiful, and you have access to the undergraduate campus. Though the law school is lacking it's own cafeteria, there is a cafe on the undergraduate campus. Overall, I'm very happy here.

The essay question is open-ended. The application process is standard, and you just need to apply online. As years pass, the school is getting more and more selective.

This is one of the best faculties in the nation. The courses are tailored to be practical and case study, prepping you for the bar exam. The first year is primarily socratic and professors call on students to handle cases and offer analysis. This is a competitive law school with moderate class sizes, a very diligent academic advising staff, challenging grading but hard work pays off. Study abroad opportunities are available. The faculty includes several extremely notable players, including the new Dean Tom Campbell.

Orange County is a moderate to expensive area, but the city of Orange itself has moderate and affordable housing in the area. The campus is TOP NOTCH, state-of-the-art, very aesthetically pleasing, and new. The library is accessible and also state of the art. The law school is located in the heart of Orange County...beach is about a 15 minutes drive. Overall, pretty safe.

The law school is on an upward trajectory and I believe they are hunting for top talent. There were two essays, letter of recommendations, and LSAT scores which were all sent through LSAC.

We have more school clubs than you can imagine - I think there are over 40. Many of my friends do research for their favorite professors. Im studying abroad in Alaska this summer and then spending next fall in Medellin, Colombia. There is a mix of practical study and theory. Professors use the socratic method, but competitiveness is not intense, its laid back and confortable. Students are friendly because we have a community environment.

Library is amazing, neighborhood is friendly and everything is in walking distance, I feel safe and happy, but it is a little expensive. The computer lab is open 24/7 and has free unlimited printing.

LSAT low to mid 160s. Lots of scholarship opportunities and good financial aid.

Very high quality of academics and faculty.

LSAT, personal statement, letters of rec, GPA, transcript - LSAC

Chapman has a great community feel to the school and the professors are extremely helpful and friendly.

The school facilities are superb. If you are going to spend three years in a place it needs to be clean and comfortable. Chapman more than meets those needs.

Other

Most professors are really great, especially the ones that have been with the school for a long time. Overall, I've been really happy with the quality of academics here.

The neighborhood around campus is great. There are a lot of places within walking distances. Most people are pretty cheerful and friendly and willing to help others.

Application process was very similar to other schools. There are a lot of financial aid and scholarship opportunities.

A good mix of theory and practice with an emphasis on real world applicability of theory. Frequently asked to present both sides of an argument

Areas around the school can be found for lower than average for the orange county/l.a. county area that are still decent. The facilities are great across the board. the campus is 15 minutes from the beach.

The faculty at Chapman is first rate. Not only are the professors great scholars, they are for the most part excellent teachers as well. Chapman fosters an atmosphere of collegial open-mindedness. Professors do not try and indoctrinate students in their personal views of the law, but rather encourage discussion of complex and controversial issues. Students of all political and ideological persuasions feel comfortable and welcome at Chapman.

Chapman is a very friendly community. It is a bit small and so sometimes student clubs and activities are not particularly well-attended. However, the atmosphere is fantastic and I have never once heard of a student that tried to sabotage another student out of competitiveness or spite. It is a relaxed and easy-going place to spend three years.

The admissions department at Chapman is very friendly and helpful. They offer scholarships to students with good academic records.

Small classes. Great balance of professors who have spent most of their careers in academia and some incredible and experienced lawyers who became professors towards the end of their careers. Fairly competitive, but still somehow friendly.

Services and facilities are excellent. The library is great (and the librarians are exceptional), plenty of room in computer labs, local dining is great. Safe. Overall happiness...is it high at any law school? Not great, but not terrible for being law school...

Typical process, but we did have an essay.