Why do you pick this school?

So far, I have had an excellet academic experience at Case Western. There is a fairly rigorous first year core that covers every major area of business. The professors are excellent and hold students to high academic and integrity standards. The quality of classes varied a bit, but overall I was challenged in each course. Every course used case studies and current events to helps us draw theoretical learning to practical application. Additionally, grading was fairly straightforward and fair. If students want research opportunities, they can get it, however it is not an integrated part of the curriculum. There is a study abroad program that many students will be taking advantage of. Additionally, Case has a strong partnership with Thunderbird, and several students are taking advantage of that as well. Overall, class sizes are larger the first year, but much smaller and more focused in the second year.

Cost of living in Cleveland is relatively low. The campus has plenty of housing nearby. There is a free gym and access to a computer lab with printing (black and white and color). Graduate students typically are not on a meal plan, but there are many restaurants near campus. Safety can be a concern at times, but typically I feel very safe on campus. I have plenty of social interactions, but we coujld potentially have more fun and networking if we didn't have quite so much school work.

The application requires basic information, 2-3 recommendations, GMAT scores, and several essays. It is all done online, and it is an easy to understand process. Once the initial screening is complete, students are invited for an interview. Scholarship opportunities are given based on qualifications as demonstrated by the application.

The process included a lengthy application with three essays. GMAT is required for admission. Admissions conducts interviews with all candidates before they are admitted into the program. There are a wide range of scholarship opportunities.

Classes are good: Everyone in the first year takes the same ones because it is an integrated curriculum. The practical study class, Dialogues has a lot of potential and needs work. The theoretical aspects are well explained. There are several opportunities for study abroad and dual degrees. Academic advising in generally easy to get and professors are accessible. Class sixes are great and you really get to know each other because it is a small school. You have to actively seek out research opportunities but they are available and professors are very receptive. Several notable faculty teach mainly 2nd year classes. Grade inflation is not very rampant and most are genuinely given fairly.

The faculty and administration have worked very collaboratively to create the new integrated curriculum and have actively solicited feedback from students. They are very open to constructive criticism and genuinely want to improve the program to meet student needs: I have never seen anything like it.

Bschool facilities are great. cost of living is reasonable compares to other Bschool areas. The area has problems with crime but is the cultural hotspot for Cleveland. Most Students live off campus in great neighborhoods. Safety is generally not a problem as long as you are smart.

CWRU had some of the more unique application questions and they provided you with options. They also invite students to submit additional info for the decision making process so, for some that might be a portfolio or a recording of their music. CWRU allows out of the box applicants.

overall, the applications process follows a traditional format and phone interviews. Dean's Weekend is a great time to see the culture and meet other recruits. Scholarships are widely available and the school seems to highly value past work experience. Current students were very available for me to ask questions of.

Quality of classes and faculty,class sizes and peer competition,working in teams,case studies,class notes,high workload

Essays,GMAT score,extra curricular activities,work experience,quality of work experience,scholarship and financial aid and work recommendations from managers.

small class size; mixture of theories; hands-on learning; unique elective offerings

I was already a first year law student; I applied for the joint degree program. I had to submit several essays, a detailed application form, two interviews and my GMAT scores

Other

Class sizes are small, maybe 40 students in the first year core classes. The professors are easily accessible.

I am pleased that the Weatherhead School focused on my work experience, volunteer initiatives, community involvement, and undergraduate GPA more than my GMAT score.

The academic program is unique because it has an integrated curriculum. Most courses use case studies to apply lecture learnings. Most of the notable faculty teaches second year classes. The workload is heavy and grading is competitive. There are opportunities to study abroad and work with local businesses. As a research institution, many TA positions in research are available.

Low cost of living

Good campus facilities

Great dining options

The admissions process was good. The application was straightforward. There were three one-page essay questions. Every student must complete either a face-to-face or phone interview. Those that apply early and are of interest to the school are invited to visit, all expenses paid, on Dean's weekend and it is a very nice experience. There are many opportunities for financial aid and scholarships.

The classes are very good with excellent faculty. The premiere academic opportunity are 6-credit classes that are year-long consulting projects with local companies. I participated in two of these and they were the best classes I took because they helped put everything together.

I lived in a suburb in a house. I have a wife and 2 kids and they enjoyed the parks and other areas of interest in the neighborhood. It was very safe and friendly.

The process was pretty straightforward. I applied, visited campus during Dean's Weekend (the major recruiting event) and accepted the offer in April.

First year is locksetp, the second year are open electives. Class size in year one is approximately 45 students in each section.

Study abroad programs are available for both semester exchange and brief one or two week immersion studies.

Reasonable cost of living, great access to computing and printing facilities, many local community events.

GMAT scores, undergraduate GPA and major, and series of application essays. Most students received financial assistance.