“Expensive, but good education”
February 2019FORMER STUDENT

the trademark and copyright program was very useful and good courses were offered

The school is very expensive and you may be able to achieve a similarly good eduction from a less expensive school

Comments

Pick the industry you want to go into, especially if you dont finish at the top of the class

“Leading Ohio Law School”
December 2018FORMER STUDENT

Case Western is well connected in Northern Ohio. Accordingly, for those looking to stay in Ohio, Case Western is a great option.

Case Western does not have a national reputation, which may hinder job prospects outside of Ohio.

Comments

For those looking to stay in Ohio, Case Western Law is a great option.

“Graduated in the past 5 years.”
March 2015FORMER STUDENT

High quality faculty. Unique extracurricular opportunities. Great area to go to school.

Certain favored, highly specialized departments seem to get disproportionate attention from the administration.

Comments

Case Western provides some very unique opportunities in certain specialized areas of law. If these particular areas do not interest you, it may be prudent to look elsewhere given the high tuition.

Class sizes are reasonable.

Case has a great study abroad program, and allows you to earn credit from abroad programs organized by other schools as well.

Many of the faculty are specialists in their areas and have been quoted extensively for their teaching areas.

The University Circle area has a lot to offer - great museums, incredible local restaurants, and shopping close by.

I liked that I had the opportunity to visit the school at a Preview Day after I was admitted. I got to meet other classmates, see what a law class was like, and ask all kinds of questions to current students, faculty, and staff.

Other

Virtually call classes were excellent theoretical courses with outstanding professors.

Low cost of living. Lots of restaurants, museums, and theaters in easy walking distance.

I believe the school seriously considered my life experiences.

LSAT, Essays

a lot of practical courses through the case arc program. Competitive clinic process. generally large lecture classes

low cost of living. somewhat outdated facilities in need of renovation. good neighborhood.

1 unique essay, LSAT, general common app form. fin aid available but very limited scholarship opps

Excellent. Most professors are great. Competitive but doesn't feel competitive from other students.

Cost of living moderate; campus is okay; facilities are generally okay; library feels a bit dark; computer labs are good; moot courtroom is okay; housing is pretty much on your own; some areas nearby are not particularly safe at night; generally happy

don't recall

The professors are fantastic. However the school is lacking big time in its business law program and is having a very hard time finding professors to hire. We also have way too many international law classes. And way too many centers.

Cost of living is cheap. The campus is beautiful. The facilities suck (especially the gym). The library is ok. The computer labs are ok. The moot court room is ok. Housing is non existent for grad students. Dining is fair. The neighborhood is beautiful and rich in culture. The crime is crappy and scary. I am generally very happy in this area.

The school is very disorganized when it comes to admission. It is hard to figure out the status of your application, when you should hear from the school. I think it was rolling admission. I had to call the school to find out I was admitted - they never called me. I also don't remember getting very much scholarship information. I wasn't offered a scholarship coming in because my LSAT scores were not high, but because I was in the top 10% after first year, I advocated for a scholarship and received a small one for my 2nd and 3rd years. Other students had their scholarships increase significantly because they performed well.

I don't really remember, except that there was no application fee to apply online through LSAC.