Very supportive -- Socratic enough to keep you on your toes, but they actually WANT you to learn the material, pass the bar, and be effective on the outside. This is a school with a public service mission and they do everything to make sure non-traditional students stand a chance. The grading is hard and the standards high, but the environment is not competitive -- students are not pitted against one another and the faculty is very accessible and willing to help. Students are ambitious and driven enough on their own. The curriculum leans toward the practical side. This is not a top-tier school, so we all know we are not going to Washington or Wall Street. Instead, people seem to be on a mission to make a difference somewhere and the school wants to make this happen.

Cost of living in Columbus is relatively low. Housing is readily available, and while not Chicago, there is plenty going on. The school is downtown (1/2 mile from the Capitol building and the Courts), so there is some crime, though security is excellent and I have never felt uncomfortable coming and going in the area. The school facilities are not luxurious but more than adequate and anything you might need is available.

Average, although it allowed for a second essay to bolster less than stellar LSAT and GPA.

The class sizes for the doctrinal classes is about 90-100. The atmosphere in and out of the classroom is cooperative among students. I have not experienced any overly competitive or "gunner" mentality in my section. The school places a high emphasis on writing and research, which every practicing lawyer I know harps on. The classes are a good mix of Socratic method and application based teaching. The younger professors are more adept at incorporating practical study into their lesson plans. The first year grading curve is stringent, but the grading is generally fair. I have nothing to compare to it to, but I don't think the workload is any heavier than other schools' 1L workload.

Columbus has a comparatively low cost of living which makes it possible to maintain a lower debt load. The campus ideally located in the heart of the Capital. The facilities are adequate and the library is a great place to study (with plenty of room and quiet). The area has adequate security for any crime. The downtown has great housing and dining opportunities if you're willing to pay for them.

The admissions process seemed standard. You must take the LSAT and complete a personal statement. A very convenient thing about the process is that you don't have to apply separately for scholarship opportunities. One application suffices for your scholarship requests.

It's all the luck of the draw. Some classes are amazing, with instructors who actually care enough to teach. Others will bore you to tears by professors who are hardly qualified to pass the bar, let alone instruct the future lawyers of America. I truly believe that a majority of faculty care about the students, but unfortunately, most bar courses are not taught by that group.

I can't speak to the day classes, but the environment for evening students is incredible. There's really a group mentality of helping fellow classmates rather than some cut-throat competition to finish first.

As to the other amenities, there's a substantial drop-off in services to evening students. I understand the hardship trying to run a 24/7 law program can be, but administrative officials should be available to evening students on a regular basis, not just on random days you can catch them before walking out the doors.

The school runs the traditional route of application, essays & LSAT. There's literally no scholarships of any substantial value for anyone that doesn't qualify for a diversity classification.

Most professors moving away from the Socratic method.

LSAT, LSAC, Online Application, Essay, Letters of Recommendation

Standard as all other law schools. Certain professors are quite below average and of poor quality, while others excel and are excellent. School is not too competitiveness, mostly all students share a comaraderie. Very good study abroad opportunities but the workload is very very heavy. Be prepared.

Cost of living is cheap in Ohio. School facilities, library computer labs, moot court, etc all is very appealing and overall a great school. Columbus itself is average, certain areas could be better. Other areas (downtown, arena district, etc) are very appealing and quite nice. Perfect place to live in (about 5 minutes from the school) is Bexley.

Standard admissions process of other law schools

The legal writing experience I had was terrible. The academic advising is terrible. The planning for the classes is terrible. Desired classes are often in conflict. The school promotes its LL.M. program and then schedules classes for it at the same time as Bar classes. The professors in general are fantastic. Very open to meet with you and very available but the planning of the classes and the administration (other than admissions) is terrible.

There is no where for evening students to get something to eat. The cafe' closes at 3pm.

Although the variety of classes offered are very good, the scheduling of classes is not very student friendly. The class schedules do not come out in a timely manner, so it is very difficult to plan out your schedule past the next semester. Also, every student I know has had conflicts with classes offered at the same time, so I would venture to say 90% of students do not get to take 90% of the classes they would like.

The law school does not have on campus housing. It's facilities are very good. The library is open 24 hours and is a wonderful place to study. The building also houses computer labs as well as wifi. There is a student commons with vending, refrigerator, microwaves, TV's, and a deli open during the day. Although the school is located downtown, it has close parking and security guards to keep everyone safe. Overall, the facilities facilitate learning and a relaxed atmosphere for studying and socializing.

For such a small school the quality of the faculty is outstanding. There are faculty members who are currently engaged in innovative legal scholarship and the ability to learn from them is an honor. In addition, the faculty is incredible accessible. Even as a 1L, in a basic doctrinal class, professors will make time to answer a student’s questions. The only downside is that because Capital is so small if a certain professor has been offering a class in their specialization and they leave or go on sabbatical, no other faculty can replace them. This happens infrequently, but it happens.

I would also add that while Capital is cometitive, we all want to be lawyers don't we, it is also VERY supportive. This support extends from the administration, through the faculty, even within the students. If you are cut throat or thrive in that... Capital is not for you.

Capital seems to put admissions emphasis on the essays and overall package instead of simply focusing solely on a person’s “numbers.” While it that may appear on the surface to be less selective, the first year of law school has a natural attrition process. The process weeds out those cannot survive the rigorous academic coursework.

Most of my classes are the standard Socratic method with intermittent lectures. Capital is a small enough law school that teachers are very accessible and provide substantial practical study in coordination with the regular theory practice you would receive at any other law school. The second tier of learning takes classes beyond theory and into the court room.

I think there were some specific essays to the application which other schools did not have. Most students I have talked to receive financial aid and that is a large reason they chose Capital

Socratic method and at the beginning (first 2 years) classes range between 10-60. Opportunities to do pro bono work for evening part-time students and the grading is done on a curve.

Very good.

Take the LSAT, fill out the general application questions, write one personal statement.