“Decent Night School”
October 2017FORMER STUDENT

I liked that they had a night program with at least some of the staff actually practicing in their respective fields, but those were few and far between.

I disliked the cost and the, at times, schizophrenic scheduling, seemingly at the whim of the assistant dean. Whether this has been remedied or not I am unaware, but as a night student with limited time, it was difficult.

Comments

If you are looking for a night program, this is the only one in town. You will get out of it exactly what you put into it, but the professors are all very accommodating of night students' schedules. That does not mean the work is any easier, but I never had a professor show up to teach who was burned out from the day.

The classes are wonderful, and almost every professor I have had is wonderful and seems to really enjoy teaching. The classes are a good mix of theory and practical application. The Socratic method is somewhat used, but most professors really use a modified method, so it isn't so harsh.

no on campus facilities at the law school

LSAT required, essays required. Application process was pretty simple and straight forward. I'm not sure how selective the school is for the day program because I initially came in as an evening student and then switched divisions. The most difficult part of the application process was the LSAC process, and obtaining my undergraduate transcripts.

Classes are great. Socratic method is used in a variety of ways (depending on teacher). Professors Gilles and Hirsch are great.

Use mostly socratic method, however the courses that were intense used direct methods which was much better.

Staff is great.

Capital has a strong emphasis on practical study, which makes us more competitive bcecause we can jump in and start working the first day.

I would like to see our school paint the walls of the classrooms, make improvements, etc. I think our school looks a little run down. Other than that, it is good.

I don't really recall, I know I had essays, questions, LSAT.

The faculty is extremely accomplished, and I am amazed at their success.

Most classes are high quality. They are taught with the Socratic method with the level of practical study depending on the professor. Some professors are purely theoretical while others teach mostly practical study. Our class is small with about 15 people. The grading is easy. It could definitely stand to be more rigerous but is weeding out people.

Application, essay on why you want to be a paralegal, interview with the assistant program director

Other

mix of theory and practic. Some socratic method and some mixed method.

essays, LSAT, application. scholarship opportunities based on application

The quality of class could not be better. Every professor I've had knows how to relate to students in and out of class, and the Socratic method is used significantly but apporpirately. The class sizes range from medium (70) to small (20) and has a great adademci advising department.

My quality of life is excellent as I live in apartments right across the street from Capital. No driving and great time saver.

Capital Law School is Underrated -- vastly.

Good. Columbus is an excellent place to live.

I do not recall the admissions process for this school specifically. The flexibility of the schedule was all that drove me here.