“Decent Night School”
October 2017FORMER STUDENT

I liked that they had a night program with at least some of the staff actually practicing in their respective fields, but those were few and far between.

I disliked the cost and the, at times, schizophrenic scheduling, seemingly at the whim of the assistant dean. Whether this has been remedied or not I am unaware, but as a night student with limited time, it was difficult.

Comments

If you are looking for a night program, this is the only one in town. You will get out of it exactly what you put into it, but the professors are all very accommodating of night students' schedules. That does not mean the work is any easier, but I never had a professor show up to teach who was burned out from the day.

The classes are wonderful, and almost every professor I have had is wonderful and seems to really enjoy teaching. The classes are a good mix of theory and practical application. The Socratic method is somewhat used, but most professors really use a modified method, so it isn't so harsh.

no on campus facilities at the law school

LSAT required, essays required. Application process was pretty simple and straight forward. I'm not sure how selective the school is for the day program because I initially came in as an evening student and then switched divisions. The most difficult part of the application process was the LSAC process, and obtaining my undergraduate transcripts.

Classes are great. Socratic method is used in a variety of ways (depending on teacher). Professors Gilles and Hirsch are great.

Most classes are high quality. They are taught with the Socratic method with the level of practical study depending on the professor. Some professors are purely theoretical while others teach mostly practical study. Our class is small with about 15 people. The grading is easy. It could definitely stand to be more rigerous but is weeding out people.

Application, essay on why you want to be a paralegal, interview with the assistant program director

Other

The Socratic method is used primarily in doctrinal classes. Students have a great deal of access to professors, as well as academic advisors and upper class student advisors. Overall, the environment is formulated for the student to succeed.

Again, as a part time evening student, I do not normally participate in many extra-curricular activites, but the events that I have attended have been outstanding. There is a strong sense of community between the students. With regard to the communit, there is a tremendous amount of outreach to the city of Coumbus, between the legal clinic, national adoption and family law center, and other pro-bono opportunities.

I only applied to one law school, so have no basis for comparison. I completed a basic application, as well as an application specific to Capital. The application included an essay, as well as transcripts from all prior graduate and undergraduate universities. The application was filed through LSAC.

Excellent.

Despite being located in a ghetto, it's quite nice.

Pretty standard.

Use mostly socratic method, however the courses that were intense used direct methods which was much better.

Staff is great.

Our faculty to have proved to be amazing so far. They remember everyone's names which gives everyone a more personal feeling. The Faculty genuinely want their students to do well and are very accessible outside of class. That being said, they expect you to do all of they work and can be harsh graders.

The school has an extremely friendly and welcoming environment. The students are all competitive, but they are not cut-throat. Everyone wants to see everyone else succeed.

I always feel safe at school. There are lots of security guards around that are willing to help out with everything. Most of the doors remain locked throughout the day and require an ID to get inside.

The quality of class could not be better. Every professor I've had knows how to relate to students in and out of class, and the Socratic method is used significantly but apporpirately. The class sizes range from medium (70) to small (20) and has a great adademci advising department.

My quality of life is excellent as I live in apartments right across the street from Capital. No driving and great time saver.

Capital Law School is Underrated -- vastly.

Good. Columbus is an excellent place to live.

I do not recall the admissions process for this school specifically. The flexibility of the schedule was all that drove me here.