classes are decent, we have socratic method especially the first year, workload is extremely heavy compared to surrounding schools, way too competitive and encouraged by the faculty and administration to be so, other out of the box traits are not encouraged, there is not enough support for clinics, they have not grown or changed since they started the school. They have not adapted to the changing times and have not presented any opportunities to show that they are planning to change. Class size is sporatic, the class above us and below us had smaller classes, but our class sizes have been large for EVERY core class I have had and the professors take shortcuts in order to make it work.

standard application, they did have interviews, but have not eliminated that

Heavy, heavy, heavy on Socratic method. Class size good. Curve is set very low compared to other schools in area.

While the class sizes are really small, the culture of the school is one of fear and paternalism. The best part of the school is the large number of adjunct professors who teach classes within their respective specialty.

However, the class and scheduling options were limited due to the rigidity of the required curriculum. The effect was that if you missed an elective when it was offered one semester, you may not have another chance to take it.

The new building is fantastic and hopefully it's the first step in remaking the image, culture and quality of life at the school.

The school made us go through an arbitrary interview process. Every student's experience was different based on which professor you were assigned. Mine was a horrible experience and it almost soured me from attending the school. The school may have done away with this part of the process because of continual negative feedback from students.

All Socratic Method. The Socratic Method is not an effective teaching method. Students complain about this a lot. Class size around 40, no unique research opportunities, grading is ridiculous. Curves in other NC schools much higher. Workload is ridiculous. Homework readings can be up to 100 pages for each class. Forced to take 5 classes first semester and 6 second semester. Legal Research and Writing is inconsistent and graded. Have LRW exam 1st semester on top of core exams.

We do not have a campus. We have a building. Neighborhood is downtown Raleigh which is nice. There have been safety/crime incidents this year. I am not happy with Campbell.

Academics here are exceptionally difficult. There is a lot of professor-created competetion between students. Grading process is non-transparent.

Disappointing. Campus is downtown, everyone commutes every day. There is no food on or near campus. Two soda machines and an overpriced coffee bar are the drink selections. Professors regularaly expect 4+ hours of outside work per class hour per week.

Really average. I got a scholarship, HOWEVER, beware because the standards for letting you *keep* a scholarship are quite difficult to satisfy.

Pretty standard process. LSAT, letters of rec, personal statement. Scholarship opportunities seem to only be available to those with exemplary (relatively speaking) admissions statistics.

essays, LSAT, LSAC, scholarship

Despite being a tier 4, the academics are way harder than at the top 100 schools in the area. All of them have open-book exams and their curves are set on a B. Our curve is set to an 80 and all are exams are closed book.

The focus is definitely a lot more practical than theoretical, which people seemed to really like when I went on my job interviews for the summer. Too bad it screws us on USNWR rank.

Advising is pretty informal, but there doesn't need to be too much since everyone takes all the same classes for the first two years. Beyond that you're kind of on your own to talk to your profs and figure out your electives.

The workload is evil and people are insanely competitive and mean despite it being a T-4. My study group last semester kicked me out because my grades were too low and I was ranked in the top 3rd. A guy I'd been dating in my class cited the same reason when he dumped me.

There's not really much of a sense of community because everybody pretty much commutes.

Cost of living was a big factor in my coming here instead of going back to NY. I have a super nice apartment downtown and I pay less for it than I did for my apartment in college. Raleigh-Durham is really great because there are so many students and young professionals around so it's easy to make friends outside of school, which I consider pretty necessary.

LSAT, transcripts, paperwork. Can't remember if personal statement was mandatory or not.