“Halfway Decent”
May 2019CURRENT STUDENT

Good network, wonderful guest speakers, Professors teaching the MBA Core Curriculum were very good offering courses packed full of relevant learning.

The nature of the first-year (core) was fast-paced (quarter long classes instead of semesters) and PACKED with content, now that I have almost finished the MBA program I am finding that I have forgotten most of what was taught in the core. There was a ton of overlap in what I learned in the courses I took. I concentrated in marketing and only took marketing classes. Many courses I took spent entire class sessions focusing on subjects which were the entire focus of other classes I had been taking. I regret taking about half of the electives I had chosen. Many of the electives were entirely superficial mainly serving only to familiarize students rather than provide in-depth learning.

Comments

I would avoid taking any dual degree programs from BU. I opted to take part in the MBA + MSDi Dual Degree Program and felt cheated after my $25K investment only returned 4 intensive weeks of technology history, human centered design, extremely basic SQL / Python programming (comparable to what is offered for free online) and a semester long capstone course which taught the lean startup methodology.

“Questrom School of Business”
February 2016CURRENT STUDENT

The professors are amazing with extremely diverse backgrounds coming from around the world (and across the river). Hearing their stories is fascinating and makes the students really interested in the learning process.

The students are highly competitive- as would be expected. Overall though, something to watch out for is the grade deflation. Also the tuition is insane.

Comments

The School of Management offers endless opportunities for students looking to pursue a career in business, whether it be marketing or finance.

First year evening students have the option of joining a Cohort, so you are with the same 50 students in first year classes. I thought this was a great way to really get to know everyone in the program and create a network from the beginning. There are great options to study internationally and both part-time and full-time students can participate. The professors are very available for help.

The application was very straight-forward and could be done completely online. The questions on both applicant essays and recommendation forms were more challenging than the other schools to which I applied. They also require an interview for admittance.

Academic programs in the BU MBA are fantastic. The professors blend the case method with their own experience to deliver an elite educational experience.

The cost of living, thanks to location, is expensive. The experience, however, is fantastic. The campus facilities are excellent and contribute to the overall quality of the experience.

The application asks for GMAT scores, all transcripts, four essays, and interviews by invitation only.

Small to mid class sizes allow for personal interaction. The CORE curriculum in undergraduate junior year is an incredible and unique practical experience that is unrivaled - particularly amongst the other business programs I considered at BC, Cornel, Miami and Dartmouth. The practical application and very helpful career center helps to balance of the academics with a sound practical knowledge. BU's international community and study abroad programs is second to none. The workload and grading is challenging but is fair - hard working and bright students will see just rewards.

High quality of class content, competitive format encourages participation as important to grade. Unique international programs include field seminars in various countries and encourage partnership with foreign schools and businesses. Majority of faculty have distinction in their fields especially in the fields of finance and technology.

Boston location is convenient but expensive. Crime tends to be low. Library and computer labs are adequate to meet student demand. Many cultural and social opportunities lead to a good overall happiness level among students. School offers various opportunities for networking.

Multiple essays, references, GMAT, work experience (CV), personal interview all required. No financial aid was required. School seemed selective with demanding entry requirements but not as much as Ivy League schools.

2008

Classes are very well run and nearly all the faculty are superb. Academic advising and career advising are also exceptional. Class sizes are usually about 30 students. Study abroad is excellent and there are many opportunities for students to explore both inside and outside the classroom. Grading can be tough, but the workload is usually manageable and full of case studies and real world examples.

Cost of living if one is to live off campus can be expensive, but the on-campus housing is good and the dining options are phenomenal for a university. Facilities at SMG are exceptional and the library there is also excellent.

Small classes, mainly case studies, amazing professors (many C-Level from industry), competitive environment, fair grading, workload for first year is quite difficult, workload for second year is considerably more manageable.

Facilities are amazing. Neighborhood is great (located next to Fenway Park). Crime is minimal compared to other cities. Overall a very pleasant two years.

Application- Undergraduate Transcripts, GMAT, 5 essays

Interview- 30 minutes, in person. Behavioral questions

Financial Aid/Scholarships- Easy to obtain through school or private lender

great

common application

The classes are of very high quality, they prepare me well for the real world, and the skills they teach are very relevant. They take care of business very well!

Large campus, great facilities, many computers except many more needed in residences, good dining facilities except needs more variety of foods that are healthy and tasty at the same time, very safe, but the cost of living is rather high (dining plans are very expensive, as is food), and we need more recycling bins and better environmental programs throughout the campus--recycling bins for paper, plastic (all numbers), glass, and aluminum WHEREVER there is a trash can (and clearly labeled as such "Recycling ONLY"), because many people need such strict convenience or otherwise may not even walk ten feet to recycle their bottles/cans/paper, etc.

Online application with many questuions about self, why we want to go to school, what makes us a qualified candidate, essays to write, and it has financial and scholarship opportunities which are difficult to obtain. A high GPA average and SAT scores must be achieved to be accepted to go to BU.