“Halfway Decent”
May 2019CURRENT STUDENT

Good network, wonderful guest speakers, Professors teaching the MBA Core Curriculum were very good offering courses packed full of relevant learning.

The nature of the first-year (core) was fast-paced (quarter long classes instead of semesters) and PACKED with content, now that I have almost finished the MBA program I am finding that I have forgotten most of what was taught in the core. There was a ton of overlap in what I learned in the courses I took. I concentrated in marketing and only took marketing classes. Many courses I took spent entire class sessions focusing on subjects which were the entire focus of other classes I had been taking. I regret taking about half of the electives I had chosen. Many of the electives were entirely superficial mainly serving only to familiarize students rather than provide in-depth learning.

Comments

I would avoid taking any dual degree programs from BU. I opted to take part in the MBA + MSDi Dual Degree Program and felt cheated after my $25K investment only returned 4 intensive weeks of technology history, human centered design, extremely basic SQL / Python programming (comparable to what is offered for free online) and a semester long capstone course which taught the lean startup methodology.

“Questrom School of Business”
February 2016CURRENT STUDENT

The professors are amazing with extremely diverse backgrounds coming from around the world (and across the river). Hearing their stories is fascinating and makes the students really interested in the learning process.

The students are highly competitive- as would be expected. Overall though, something to watch out for is the grade deflation. Also the tuition is insane.

Comments

The School of Management offers endless opportunities for students looking to pursue a career in business, whether it be marketing or finance.

First year evening students have the option of joining a Cohort, so you are with the same 50 students in first year classes. I thought this was a great way to really get to know everyone in the program and create a network from the beginning. There are great options to study internationally and both part-time and full-time students can participate. The professors are very available for help.

The application was very straight-forward and could be done completely online. The questions on both applicant essays and recommendation forms were more challenging than the other schools to which I applied. They also require an interview for admittance.

Academic programs in the BU MBA are fantastic. The professors blend the case method with their own experience to deliver an elite educational experience.

The cost of living, thanks to location, is expensive. The experience, however, is fantastic. The campus facilities are excellent and contribute to the overall quality of the experience.

The application asks for GMAT scores, all transcripts, four essays, and interviews by invitation only.

Small to mid class sizes allow for personal interaction. The CORE curriculum in undergraduate junior year is an incredible and unique practical experience that is unrivaled - particularly amongst the other business programs I considered at BC, Cornel, Miami and Dartmouth. The practical application and very helpful career center helps to balance of the academics with a sound practical knowledge. BU's international community and study abroad programs is second to none. The workload and grading is challenging but is fair - hard working and bright students will see just rewards.

They're great. We never waste time on things that don't matter like we did in highschool. Teamwork is emphasized. There are many study abroad programs throughout the world, though I wish they would be more accommodating to students who cannot meet language requirements (through out of class training or otherwise).

The facilities are great except for Warren towers, which is a disgrace. The food everywhere but West is awful. That said, there are tons of computer labs, the campus is very safe, there is always something going on if you're interested in trying something new. The "quality of life" is great, I just hated living in BU housing.

Pretty sure it was CommonApp... I don't remember anything standing out from any other school.

Professors are always available to students, the class sizes within SMG are small enough to gain a good learning experience while at the same time being big enough to learn the importance of team learning. The team learning experience is a challenge, however, a very rewarding one: one gets the ability to not only apply theoretical knowledge outside of lectures, but one learns how to work with others which is essential in the business world.

THe study abroad opportunities at the school are great. there are various programs in a lot of different countries which all seem very appealing.

The on campus facilities are outstanding. The gym is excellent and there are several libraries located all around campus.

cost of living can be expensive if you plan on eating out and spending a lot of time off campus. However, if you plan on staying int he BU campus for most of the time the cost of living is low since expenses are pre-paid.

There were unique application questions for the School of Management. Leadership activities were very valued.

Fair

Entrepreneurial emphasis, constructively competitive atmosphere with small class sizes that promoted high level attention from professors. Excellent teaching staff with high levels of success and richness in experience.

Quality of life is unparalleled, especially given the urban nature of the campus (relatively low crime, etc)

very supportive admissions staff offering a highly personable experience

2009

High quality classes, challenging workload. More credits required than many business programs. Good mix of lecture, case and project work. Very practical projects and opportunities to work with organizations in Boston. Research opportunities with top professors. International Field Seminars. Small class sizes (50 for core, 15-25 for electives). Super accessible faculty.

Unique comprehensive dual degree programs and specialty programs in Economics, Information systems, Nonprofit and Public Management, Media Studies, Healthcare.

Concentrations in marketing, finance, strategy, operations, healthcare, nonprofit management etc.

Access to courses in other great grad schools at BU.

Great gym and student union with a variety food. Excellent library within the school of management, and others on campus. Starbucks and cafe in the building. Lots of housing and restaurants in the area and others easily accessible by public transportation. I think that most students are happy on campus and many are involved with the community through different volunteer activities. I feel secure on campus and in my neighborhood, and the school is very transparent about sharing information through its alert system. Cost of living is high in Boston, but comparable to other major cities. I moved from San Dieog, and did not make many changes to my budget.

4 application questions. Competitive GMAT required. Invitation only interview. Competitive financial aid and merit based scholarships.