“Baruch College provides great bang for you buck in NYC”
October 2017CURRENT STUDENT

Great location in midtown, very supportive career center with lots of resources, great professors

Very little on campus recruiting is done at Baruch, no well established network

Comments

Baruch is a great school in terms of getting bang for you buck. However, you will have to be willing to put in extra effort as a lot of companies do not recruit at Baruch compared to other schools like NYU and Columbia. But they do have a wide range of career services available and you can succeed if you're willing to work hard.

“Baruch Review”
May 2017CURRENT STUDENT

Because it is a business school, everything it offers is related for business and career development.

The facilities are relatively old, sometimes the campus seem to be crowded.

Comments

Here you can make friends with professionals, they can be your teachers or advisors.

“Baruch College Review”
March 2015CURRENT STUDENT

The School provides great connection and lots of opportunities. People are nice in general.

It is way too competitive and there are too much distraction.

Comments

To be active, initiative and extremely discipline. No other ways but to work hard and smart.

Application was basic information along with a personal essay, required recommendations were acceptable from both work and education experience. GMAT score not difficult to obtain.

GMAT exam scores, including a personal statement of future goals and reason for attending grad school. In addition an interview with the administrative staff of the school.

Good class sizes, competitive and challenging.

Good facilities, students, labs, and social events.

GMAT and application.

GMAT, TOEFL, statement of purpose

no financial aid or scholarship opportunities

MBA requirement classes are about 60-70 students each. Some of the more advanced classes are smaller in size. Professors are quite good so far, several know me personally. Some of the classrooms in the Vertical Campus are disappointing. There are a few different designs of class rooms and I only really like the ones with the desk tables as they give you enough room to use a lap top and write as well. The issues with the non-functioning escalators are a joke. The school 'hopes' to have them fully operational by the end of 2011 when I expect to have graduated. Get used to talking the stairs or waiting ages for the few elevators.

Baruch is a very large and diverse school with a lot of international students. As I am married I don't 'hang out' at school too frequently. I do like the area of Manhattan it is in as it offers a lot of options for dining and bars. With the exception of the escalators not working, the campus is fine and the library is good. Free Wi-Fi is essential.

I took the GMAT, filled out the application, wrote two essays and secured two recommendations. No interviews offered.

little to no academic advising, class size is typically 25-50 students, heavy on case studies, grading is lenient, some classes are mediocore in content

Took the GMAT, submitted an essay on grad school and my career aspirations, an application and two reference letters.

Great Statistics program; amazing teachers in this subject. Finance is OK, but I don't feel extremely prepared to work in the financial industry.

Essays, resume, GMAT