“Baruch College provides great bang for you buck in NYC”
October 2017CURRENT STUDENT

Great location in midtown, very supportive career center with lots of resources, great professors

Very little on campus recruiting is done at Baruch, no well established network

Comments

Baruch is a great school in terms of getting bang for you buck. However, you will have to be willing to put in extra effort as a lot of companies do not recruit at Baruch compared to other schools like NYU and Columbia. But they do have a wide range of career services available and you can succeed if you're willing to work hard.

“Baruch Review”
May 2017CURRENT STUDENT

Because it is a business school, everything it offers is related for business and career development.

The facilities are relatively old, sometimes the campus seem to be crowded.

Comments

Here you can make friends with professionals, they can be your teachers or advisors.

“Baruch College Review”
March 2015CURRENT STUDENT

The School provides great connection and lots of opportunities. People are nice in general.

It is way too competitive and there are too much distraction.

Comments

To be active, initiative and extremely discipline. No other ways but to work hard and smart.

Application was basic information along with a personal essay, required recommendations were acceptable from both work and education experience. GMAT score not difficult to obtain.

GMAT exam scores, including a personal statement of future goals and reason for attending grad school. In addition an interview with the administrative staff of the school.

Good class sizes, competitive and challenging.

Good facilities, students, labs, and social events.

GMAT and application.

GMAT was required, details of your work experience, course descriptions, essay

Other

Highly competitive, quality instructors and facilities.

A Combination of unique questions, essays and interview.

Students are very competitive, some professors are awful (they have no interest knowing their students or helping students whatsoever, some just read their powerpoint presentations, some never reply to e-mails from students asking questions, and I have had professors that did not want to share how they graded one of my final test). Some other professors are really good, they make real efforts to know your name and help you succeed. I've had great experience with female professors in particular, they were really nice to other female students not like some male professors who can't even look another female student in the eyes! Team work is strongly encouraged and case studies are usually great. Academic advising is not great. Nobody warns you in advance if your GPA starts to get low. They put you right away on probation. They don't prepare students enough for graduate studies.

Don't know, I don't spend much time on campus, I have my own apt in Brooklyn.

Standard application questions, one essay, GMAT scores, 2 letters of recommendation.

-Competitive students, mainly part time professionals

-Large class sizes upwards of 70+ students

-Low quality of academic advising, too many students

-Good amount of case studies in coursework

-Fair grading and exams

-Low crime

-Plenty of computer labs

-No dining facilities on campus

-No housing sponsored by the school

Basic admission process

-GMAT (not very competitive)

-One Essay

-No financial aid or scholarship opportunities

-No interviews