“Recent Graduate”
June 2019FORMER STUDENT

The experience was over all very good. Most professors were good. The supply chain management association was very helpful in getting people jobs.

Class sizes are huge and some classes are taught by masters students who aren't great.

Comments

Overall I would recommend the program. Students are great and you can't beat the atmosphere.

The program had excellent professors and accomplished classmates which contributed to the learning experience. There was a combination of theoretical concepts and practical case studies along with two class trips; one to Washington, DC to accompany the Business and Public Policy course and an international practicum to Santiago, Chile and Lima, Peru to accompany the International Business Management course.

Quality of life is excellent at ASU.

The admissions process included three essay questions responding to specific questions, two letters of recommendation and a personal interview.

Application Process, Written Presentation, intense interview and then review of work experience and compatability with the program. Very rigorous standards. I found the make up of the class cohort made the program even more worthwhile and highly recommend that this be part of any application process.

2005

i find the classes challenging. i also feel i am able to apply what i learn immediately at work. the program is lockstep and has a great mix of theory and practical application.

i am not too familiar with the quality of life on campus because i live in my own house. i chose the online program because i frequently travel for work and need the flexibility.

the application questions were unique but allowed me to express my goals and give a glimpse of my personality. there was no interview. i had to take the GMAT twice because my first score was not high enough to be admitted. the second score got me in. i also needed solid letters of recommendation and a relevant resume. the financial aid i am using are fafsa loans and company tuition reimbursement.

Highly ranked professors and lecturers. Case studies for most classes and interactive group work.

Cost of living fairly low. Campus is small and easy to get around. Many libraries and computer labs open to everyone. Graduate suite has dedicated rooms and computers for group meetings.

WP Carey looks at essays and length of work history. More importantly they look at the overall GMAT score and how many years of work history you have. Full-time students also have to interview with admissions.

Overall, the class quality is absolutely exceptional. There is a great deal of academic rigor, and it is definitely not an easy program. The cohort size (53 students per cohort, two cohorts in my class) is perfect. The online program is lockstep, with very intense six week courses, and we are matched in a team for two years which has made working together in geographically disparate locations much easier.

I'm in the online program, so I don't have much interaction with life on campus

Fairly easy and simple, comparable to most schools. GMAT, a few standard application questions, and normal data collection.

Majority of classes were taught by Department Heads with extensive academic and real world experience. One of the most consistent and well liked aspects was the discussions during class that was aided by the balance in back ground professions. Every student, executive, had a position and could justify it and challenged others. These exchanges often expanded the intended curriculum well beyond what was originally planned and added increased learning opprotunities for all.

Essays with multiple interviews, recomendation letters and intensive review of work history.

2009

Fabulous professors, strong curriculum, demanding program, relevant to real world, global focus and international study

Application, personal essay and references

2004 or earlier

Small classes and case study methodology contribute to deep discussions every day. The case study foundation serves as a valuable foundation to the various project partnerships in the second year. Currently, I am working on real-world projects in three of my five courses. These complexity and relevance of these projects provides a skill set that could never be gained through coursework alone.

Cost of living in Phoenix is extremely affordable. Campus has all the facilities that I have ever needed to access.

Faculty is Economics Nobel Prize Winner. class size is small 50, study abroad opportunities are there, placements opportunities are great. ROI is high..low fees and high pay packages equivalent to Ivy league schools..so I graduated with no loan and 6 figure package..nothing can beat it.

2007