“Recent Graduate”
June 2019FORMER STUDENT

The experience was over all very good. Most professors were good. The supply chain management association was very helpful in getting people jobs.

Class sizes are huge and some classes are taught by masters students who aren't great.

Comments

Overall I would recommend the program. Students are great and you can't beat the atmosphere.

The program had excellent professors and accomplished classmates which contributed to the learning experience. There was a combination of theoretical concepts and practical case studies along with two class trips; one to Washington, DC to accompany the Business and Public Policy course and an international practicum to Santiago, Chile and Lima, Peru to accompany the International Business Management course.

Quality of life is excellent at ASU.

The admissions process included three essay questions responding to specific questions, two letters of recommendation and a personal interview.

Application Process, Written Presentation, intense interview and then review of work experience and compatability with the program. Very rigorous standards. I found the make up of the class cohort made the program even more worthwhile and highly recommend that this be part of any application process.

2005

Highly ranked professors and lecturers. Case studies for most classes and interactive group work.

Cost of living fairly low. Campus is small and easy to get around. Many libraries and computer labs open to everyone. Graduate suite has dedicated rooms and computers for group meetings.

WP Carey looks at essays and length of work history. More importantly they look at the overall GMAT score and how many years of work history you have. Full-time students also have to interview with admissions.

Quality of classes are great. I like the format of the on-line program that presents classes in a very concentrated format one at a time.

Faculty is Economics Nobel Prize Winner. class size is small 50, study abroad opportunities are there, placements opportunities are great. ROI is high..low fees and high pay packages equivalent to Ivy league schools..so I graduated with no loan and 6 figure package..nothing can beat it.

2007

Overall, the class quality is absolutely exceptional. There is a great deal of academic rigor, and it is definitely not an easy program. The cohort size (53 students per cohort, two cohorts in my class) is perfect. The online program is lockstep, with very intense six week courses, and we are matched in a team for two years which has made working together in geographically disparate locations much easier.

I'm in the online program, so I don't have much interaction with life on campus

Fairly easy and simple, comparable to most schools. GMAT, a few standard application questions, and normal data collection.

i find the classes challenging. i also feel i am able to apply what i learn immediately at work. the program is lockstep and has a great mix of theory and practical application.

i am not too familiar with the quality of life on campus because i live in my own house. i chose the online program because i frequently travel for work and need the flexibility.

the application questions were unique but allowed me to express my goals and give a glimpse of my personality. there was no interview. i had to take the GMAT twice because my first score was not high enough to be admitted. the second score got me in. i also needed solid letters of recommendation and a relevant resume. the financial aid i am using are fafsa loans and company tuition reimbursement.

The WP. carey executive MBA program professors are absolutely amazing. This has been a life changing learning experience. Have grown myself professionally and personally for the betterment of my life.

The admissions process at the W. P. Carey Executive MBA program is very stringent compared to other schools that I have attended. What stuck me the most is the time the staff to understand my situation and where I wanted to be in career path. The admission staff are very friendly, supportive and pro-active in working with me during the entire admission process.

2009

The class sizes are small (less than 45) in core courses. In specialization/elective courses, this drops considerably (less than 20). The quality of classroom discussion is excellent as the professors use the case method combined with lectures and textbook study to balance out the curriculum. The Supply Chain Management program is highly reputable and ranked and has some very good faculty. Additionally, the school offers International Electives to study abroad (India, Argentina, Europe, Southeast Asia, and China are among a few of the programs). Professors are challenging and students have to earn their grades in this program.

The cost of living is very low in Tempe, Arizona. The school is located in a good part of campus with easy access to the library, computer labs, coffee, and food. The facilities are well-maintained and outdoor seating is plentiful to enjoy the nice Arizona weather. The school offers many opportunities for social involvement with volunteer activities within the community. Overall, crime on campus is low and I have been very happy with the school.

The admissions process is very detailed. The program has student ambassadors who are current students help with the admissions process. For a typical applicant, a full-day of activities are scheduled. This includes a campus tour with student ambassadors, a lunch with a student ambassador (often tied to what specialization the student is considering or similar background), a classroom visit, and also an interview which includes both a student ambassador and admissions staff. The admissions team goes beyond the GMAT, GPA, and Essay questions to get a holistic picture of the student. The interview contains an abundance of questions related to assessing the emotional intelligence of the applicant - these soft skill questions try to identify those with strong emotional intelligence and leadership skills. Additionally, the interview also includes a case question in which a student is presented a scenario and has to identify the company, the issue, and possible solutions to the business problem. In addition, the student is asked for any ethical considerations as ethics is a major component of our program. Additionally, the program is structured such that your application is the basis for scholarships and graduate assistantships.