“Recent Graduate”
June 2019FORMER STUDENT

The experience was over all very good. Most professors were good. The supply chain management association was very helpful in getting people jobs.

Class sizes are huge and some classes are taught by masters students who aren't great.

Comments

Overall I would recommend the program. Students are great and you can't beat the atmosphere.

The program had excellent professors and accomplished classmates which contributed to the learning experience. There was a combination of theoretical concepts and practical case studies along with two class trips; one to Washington, DC to accompany the Business and Public Policy course and an international practicum to Santiago, Chile and Lima, Peru to accompany the International Business Management course.

Quality of life is excellent at ASU.

The admissions process included three essay questions responding to specific questions, two letters of recommendation and a personal interview.

Application Process, Written Presentation, intense interview and then review of work experience and compatability with the program. Very rigorous standards. I found the make up of the class cohort made the program even more worthwhile and highly recommend that this be part of any application process.

2005

Faculty is Economics Nobel Prize Winner. class size is small 50, study abroad opportunities are there, placements opportunities are great. ROI is high..low fees and high pay packages equivalent to Ivy league schools..so I graduated with no loan and 6 figure package..nothing can beat it.

2007

Fabulous professors, strong curriculum, demanding program, relevant to real world, global focus and international study

Application, personal essay and references

2004 or earlier

Professors are outstanding... leaders in their field. The cohort is a great mix of talents and backgrounds - very culturally diverse. The material is very relevant and can be applied at work immediately. I thought the class size would be too large at 40, but it's about right. The international and D.C. practicum courses are great experiences.

Two relevant essay questions regarding work and other experience that qualifies the applicant for the program. An interview (approx. 1.5 hrs) to further explain the candidate's experience and make sure there is a match between what the candidate has to offer and the program. No GMAT, unless not accepted to the executive program. The application process was detailed and adequate info is provided on financial aid. ASU also offers orientation programs and opportunities for applicants to sit as a guest in a class, which is helpful.

The WP. carey executive MBA program professors are absolutely amazing. This has been a life changing learning experience. Have grown myself professionally and personally for the betterment of my life.

The admissions process at the W. P. Carey Executive MBA program is very stringent compared to other schools that I have attended. What stuck me the most is the time the staff to understand my situation and where I wanted to be in career path. The admission staff are very friendly, supportive and pro-active in working with me during the entire admission process.

2009

i find the classes challenging. i also feel i am able to apply what i learn immediately at work. the program is lockstep and has a great mix of theory and practical application.

i am not too familiar with the quality of life on campus because i live in my own house. i chose the online program because i frequently travel for work and need the flexibility.

the application questions were unique but allowed me to express my goals and give a glimpse of my personality. there was no interview. i had to take the GMAT twice because my first score was not high enough to be admitted. the second score got me in. i also needed solid letters of recommendation and a relevant resume. the financial aid i am using are fafsa loans and company tuition reimbursement.

Highly ranked professors and lecturers. Case studies for most classes and interactive group work.

Cost of living fairly low. Campus is small and easy to get around. Many libraries and computer labs open to everyone. Graduate suite has dedicated rooms and computers for group meetings.

WP Carey looks at essays and length of work history. More importantly they look at the overall GMAT score and how many years of work history you have. Full-time students also have to interview with admissions.

Quality of classes are great. I like the format of the on-line program that presents classes in a very concentrated format one at a time.