“ASU Law”
November 2019FORMER STUDENT

Great professors that care, a brand new building, and a strong alumni base

ASU is letting in more and more students. The incoming class size has almost doubled since I graduated in 2017.

Comments

ASU is a great community. Everyone wants to succeed. I loved my time at ASU.

“Great for aspiring patent lawyers”
December 2018FORMER STUDENT

Practical experiences prepared me for practice. The law school offers a Patent Law Clinic in collaboration with the USPTO, Federal Circuit externship opportunities, and numerous practical courses, including patent drafting and patent licensing and enforcement.

My only complaint is that I did not get to experience the new downtown location.

Comments

Note that the majority of graduates end up in Phoenix. While there are always exceptions, if you have aspirations to leave Arizona after graduation, it may be easier to break into different markets by attending local law schools.

The law school is in one building and has its own library. Since ASU is such a large campus it is incredible that as a law student one doesn't have to deal with the undergrads. The library is very well lit with numerous windows to let in the daylight. The area is very student friendly and safe. The law school community is close nit and gets along quite well.

The admissions process is a whole file review, including LSAT, GPA, and a personal statement. The application form handles all of the information needed for school scholarships and is easy to fill out through the online file provided by LSAC/LSDAS.