Washington University in St. Louis

“AMAZING UNDERGRAD EXPERIENCE”
August 2018FORMER STUDENT

-friendly community/students (I made some long lasting friendships)

-not cut throat

-accessible professors

-the Greek system doesn't separate people from socializing like at some schools

-easy to take classes in different schools

-great study abroad programs (esp. for business school)

-STL is a great place to go to school, very under-rated

I honestly don't have any downers. It was the best undergrad experience I could have asked for. It was a perfect fit for me.

Comments

The school is a nice size. It's big enough that you don't feel like you can never meet someone new, but it's small enough you don't feel lost in a sea of students.

“Good”
February 2018CURRENT STUDENT

Great people great school great programs and school fantastic campus beautiful

Expensive because it costs a lot of money but it is a great school love it

Comments

I don’t know other than look hard at wash you because it is a great school

“The amazing school in the midwest”
December 2017FORMER STUDENT

Amazing professors, help from all the staff, small classes and incredible facilities.

The location is in saint louis where the economy and business environment is not very good.

Comments

It is a great school, if you want an amazing university experience, try applying. If you want a metropolitan experience, then don't

“Great Experience”
July 2017FORMER STUDENT

Professors are very close to students; classmates are super friendly

Nothing really. I enjoyed every minute of it. It is really perfect school for me.

Comments

WashU is really a great school. Just try to explore everything there.

“Current Student”
June 2016CURRENT STUDENT

Here are some descriptors that come to mind: friendly atmosphere, very intellectual, collaborative, academic flexibility, amazing standard of life.

Sometimes people can be too devoted to school. Other than that, I can't think of any real negatives.

Comments

WashU offers fantastic academics and a friendly student body. There is also no shortage of things to get involved in (be it socially, academically, athletically, etc.). Also, being encouraged to study across different schools is a HUGE plus that I don't think many people realize before entering college.

“WashU”
September 2015CURRENT STUDENT

the help that professors provide in dealing with the outside world

The competitive nature that is inherit in most college universities

Comments

It's a great school, with a lot of support, and incredibly bright individuals

“Wash U”
August 2015CURRENT STUDENT

Great faculty and facilities. The school has wonderful programs in many different fields

Connection with the greater St. Louis area is lacking. Diversity and integration of student groups is lacking.

Comments

Great school in a city that is really underrated. The campus is beautiful and the faculty is world class.

“An excellent four years, academically and socially”
July 2015FORMER STUDENT

The people are friendly and the staff is genuinely concerned about your wellbeing

The name recognition, although this is getting better. I suppose as the school raises/maintains its rankings, it will continue to be more recognizable

Comments

Definitely go visit, if you feel like you "fit" then go! It is a school where you will be extremely happy, I haven't heard of one person that regrets going.

Great academics. All profs have PHDs and are really approachable. Classes are tiny average of 15 students!

Literally everyone here is so happy. We have such a high quality of life. I am sometimes stressed out but never unhappy.

Common application, SAT, SAT IIs, ACT, scholarships, interviews

Degree requirements make for a strong foundation, advising for school, major, and generic 4-year advisers, professors are accessible, class size is small/manageable (20-is the average) students are not competitive one another, the school truly feels like a community. Professors are accessible and want to help students in any way they can. Workload is rigorous...but studnets at EwashU know how to balance academics, co-curriculars, and a social life.

Living is top of the line, brand new temperpedic (sp?) Mattresses, awesome freshman floor experience, the facilities are always clean, the community is both studious and happy. Midterms are stressful for most students but there are resources available for help. Crime is not an issue on campus. Keep your doors locked and be responsible for your own belongings.

Common application, no additional essays, ED option, regular admission, both financial aid and scholarship opportunities