“Great atmosphere and staff that care”
June 2015FORMER STUDENT

Professors love the school and their students. More than willing to help all students.

Doesn't have the brand name to attract top recruiters

Comments

Get to know the professors and realize you may have to network outside of the school

The academics at Utah State University are top notch. The professors are amazing to work with and will always make time to see you if there are any questions or concerns. They hold office hours where they have set aside time for students to come meet with them. However, they are always willing to work with you if those times do not work. The general requirements and core classes are very interesting and are actually quite fun. The requirements to get into specific programs are quite reasonable, and the academic advisors are always willing to help and answer questions if there is any confusion or concern.

There is one application to fill out for admissions and for academic scholarships combined. Student involvement, leadership, and needs based scholarship applications are separate.

Exceptional

Exteremely social

Awesome! Easy and fast

There are great academic programs at Utah State University. Being a Carnegie Research Institution research is infused in all of our classes. Even English 1010 students are taught how to write research papers and given the skills necessary to be successful when it comes to hands on learning. Professors are great to work with and have set office hours every week to meet with students, go over homework problems, and answer any questions students might have. Some programs are more competitive than others. The Emma Eccles Jones College of Education and Human Services, the College of Engineering, and the Jon M. Huntsman School of Business are the most competitive.

Utah State University is the largest residential campus in the state of Utah. 90 percent of the main student body lives on campus or in apartments near by. In my opinion the Administration does a great job

The Admissions process is based upon an index number a student receives based on a grid where their ACT/SAT score meets their GPA. There aren't any additional essays or qualifications other than your index number. USU offers a priority Scholarship Deadline that is December 1st every year and if you meet the requirements and apply before that date you are awarded any academic scholarship you qualify for.

The academics at Utah State University is exceptional. I believe what makes them this way is the fact that the students have complete access to meeting with their professors. Often times your general education classes will be larger because so many students need to take that particular class. This is great for general requirements because it allows more students to get those necessary classes done ahead of time before continuing within their degree. As you continue to progress throughout your major the classes tend to be a lot smaller which allows more one on one time with the professor. Utah State is also very focused on being a hands on research university which opens up a variety of opportunities for the students to really understand the concepts in and out of class. Some of the research opportunities include labs, studying abroad, sending things into space, working with actual business and corporations, etc.

The quality of life at USU is incredible. One thing that really stands out to me about Utah State verses a lot of other colleges is how much the students love being there. The students are very involved in all of the activities and it provides a very fun and uplifting atmosphere. The community is all very involved with the university.. Logan is also a very safe and cheap place to live in. Honestly I haven't been able to find a happier community and that's what makes Utah State University so great. The students love being here and the community loves USU. Not only is Utah State a great place to get a quality education, but it is a great place to gain incredible and life changing experiences.

The admissions process is very simple. You can fill out a form online and submit a payment. It is important to apply ahead of time in order to qualify for various scholarships. Utah State is also very good at getting back to you as soon as possible. The students can also call the admissions office to verify if they were accepted into the university or not before they receive their acceptance letter.

outstanding!!

Best school life in the entire world. Everything is there and easy to access. Always something fun and wholesome to do. I am happy just about EVERY day up at Utah State!!

They were fun and inviting! The professors tried to make classes interesting regardless if it was a lecture corse or not. All the professors loved what they did and that made it fun to go to class and ask questions because they genuinely loved to have your perticipation! The oppertunities to get into research was amazing and fun! My first semester as a freshman I was able to participate in a strength servey that was being prossesed and carried out all over the country.

The quality of life at school was absolutely amazing I had the most fun I've had thus far in my young life! I lived in the dorms at the SLC, I was in Morgan Hall which was kinda old but that was what I wanted especially with the low cost.

The admissions process was simple and very friendly. If i applied befor dec. 1 then I was able to get any of the scholarships I qualified for but if I procastinatied I lost that oppurtunitie to have it given to me right away.

2016

Class sizes get smaller as you get into your program. There are tons of research opportunities. The professors are very easily accessible. Study abroad opportunities are incredible. And the work load is very attainable but still challenging.

Campus is gorgeous and so fun! It is always a joy to be on campus. The library is huge and such a fun, relaxing environment. The community and neighborhood is very safe. Overall happiness is incredible! Logan Utah is an amazing place to be!

Very simple application. Fill it out online and if you meet the criteria you are admitted.

Academics are highly "hands-on learning" and research based. I was pleased to be able to gain first hand experience in my chosen course of study my first semester in the program. I studying special education/ESL and was placed in a school setting my first semester in the program. I have also been offered several opportunities to work alongside my professors with research and have heard of countless other students within the University who also have those opportunities. Professors are very approachable, but also keep high standards. My program and many others at the University are competitive to get into and stay in. It is a heavy workload, but produces HIGHLY trained and sought after graduates. I couldn't think of a better place to prepare for my professional career!

One of the safest communities in the U.S. Very reasonable and affordable cost of living. Campus is big enough but also small enough that transportation is very reasonable. Very welcoming community with lots of opportunities to be involved in and with the community. LOVE the campus library, very student friendly, and state of the art ammenities.

Based on index score (HIgh school GPA/ACT), very quick application processwith $40 fee, this application automatically puts you into consideration for scholarships. If you apply before a december 1st deadline, you also are guaranteed and scholarship money you quliafy for (priority deadline). Lots of involvment/leadership and alumni scholarships, as well as departmental scholarships. Haven't needed financial aid, but hear its a fairly simple process.

The academics at Utah State University are amazing. We are a small enough University that we get smaller class sizes and the teacher to student involvement, but are a large enough University that we have many programs and research opportunities. The general classes can be a bit bigger than desired but that is how every University is, everyone has to take those classes, therefore they are going to be a bit bigger in size. The farther you get into your major and program the smaller the classes get. All English and math classes are capped so they are small classes. If a class is really big, they always offer supplementary instruction (SI's). What this is, is when the class is huge with tons of students, they will select a Teaching Assistant to attend class as well, they will then hold one or two sessions a week usually in the evenings and go over what the professor talked about in your class. They help with study guides, test reviews, and general knowledge about the course. Students that attend the SI sessions for their classes get better grades than those that do not. We also have an English writing lab on campus that gives you the opportunity to go in and get your papers corrected for free. They can help you with any step of the process from a research topic, outline, grammar, to your thesis statement. It is so great, you just schedule an appointment and they will help you out. We also have a math tutoring lab on campus as well, and any student that needs help understanding a concept can go into the math tutoring lab and get help. Every professor on campus is required to have a set office hour for the semester, so if you feel you need extra help or have questions you can go into your professors office hours and talk with them then. I love this opportunity because it gives me a chance to get to know my professors outside of the classroom setting. I have been in college for three years now, I am entering my senior year and I have enjoyed every second on it. I have not had any class that I could not handle and the work loads are doable. Some classes may be more challenging than others but it depends on the class. The professors are so nice and open, they really care about the success of every single student they have are are always willing to help. There are so many opportunities to do research with the professors and study abroad that it would take too long to express how many options there are. Utah State has everything to offer to every individual.

Utah State Rocks!!! That is pretty much all I need to say. The location of Utah State's campus is amazing. We are located in Cache valley and it has been ranked on of the safest towns in America. That gives comfort to all the parents that send their students there. Also it is only twenty minutes away from a ski and snowboard resort, and only 40 minutes away from Bear Lake. Bear Lake is like your oasis in the middle of amazing mountains. It is so beautiful. Because we are so close to the mountains we offer a wide range of P.E. classes for students to take like hiking, biking, snow shoeing, kiaking, canooing, rock climbing, sking, snow boarding, tons of exercise classes and more. The housing around the campus rocks. We are not a commuter college so basically you have 17,000 of your closest friends living within 4 blocks of campus. There is always something to do, and friends to meet!! The building on campus are nice and clean all the time. There are places to eat, exercise, swim, play sports, dance, hang out, and study all over campus!! We have the most green area in all campus's in Utah, so that means the most grass to play on, sleep, study, and you name it, it is awesome. The atmosphere on campus is so friendly, I see people all over that I know everyday and I meet new people everyday. I feel safe, happy, and wanted at Utah State!!

Applying to Utah State University was easy, you can do an online application and pay your fee over the internet. There are no essay questions which makes applying very nice. The earlier you apply the better, because academic scholarship money is limited and so those who apply before the December 1st deadline are guaranteed an academic scholarship if you meet the appropriate grade and ACT or SAT scores. I love this about Utah State, because if you are on the ball in applying to school and apply before December first and qualify for a scholarship, you are guaranteed that scholarship no matter what!