“Great atmosphere and staff that care”
June 2015FORMER STUDENT

Professors love the school and their students. More than willing to help all students.

Doesn't have the brand name to attract top recruiters

Comments

Get to know the professors and realize you may have to network outside of the school

The academics at Utah State University are top notch. The professors are amazing to work with and will always make time to see you if there are any questions or concerns. They hold office hours where they have set aside time for students to come meet with them. However, they are always willing to work with you if those times do not work. The general requirements and core classes are very interesting and are actually quite fun. The requirements to get into specific programs are quite reasonable, and the academic advisors are always willing to help and answer questions if there is any confusion or concern.

There is one application to fill out for admissions and for academic scholarships combined. Student involvement, leadership, and needs based scholarship applications are separate.

Exceptional

Exteremely social

Awesome! Easy and fast

outstanding!!

Best school life in the entire world. Everything is there and easy to access. Always something fun and wholesome to do. I am happy just about EVERY day up at Utah State!!

There are great academic programs at Utah State University. Being a Carnegie Research Institution research is infused in all of our classes. Even English 1010 students are taught how to write research papers and given the skills necessary to be successful when it comes to hands on learning. Professors are great to work with and have set office hours every week to meet with students, go over homework problems, and answer any questions students might have. Some programs are more competitive than others. The Emma Eccles Jones College of Education and Human Services, the College of Engineering, and the Jon M. Huntsman School of Business are the most competitive.

Utah State University is the largest residential campus in the state of Utah. 90 percent of the main student body lives on campus or in apartments near by. In my opinion the Administration does a great job

The Admissions process is based upon an index number a student receives based on a grid where their ACT/SAT score meets their GPA. There aren't any additional essays or qualifications other than your index number. USU offers a priority Scholarship Deadline that is December 1st every year and if you meet the requirements and apply before that date you are awarded any academic scholarship you qualify for.

The academics at Utah State University is exceptional. I believe what makes them this way is the fact that the students have complete access to meeting with their professors. Often times your general education classes will be larger because so many students need to take that particular class. This is great for general requirements because it allows more students to get those necessary classes done ahead of time before continuing within their degree. As you continue to progress throughout your major the classes tend to be a lot smaller which allows more one on one time with the professor. Utah State is also very focused on being a hands on research university which opens up a variety of opportunities for the students to really understand the concepts in and out of class. Some of the research opportunities include labs, studying abroad, sending things into space, working with actual business and corporations, etc.

The quality of life at USU is incredible. One thing that really stands out to me about Utah State verses a lot of other colleges is how much the students love being there. The students are very involved in all of the activities and it provides a very fun and uplifting atmosphere. The community is all very involved with the university.. Logan is also a very safe and cheap place to live in. Honestly I haven't been able to find a happier community and that's what makes Utah State University so great. The students love being here and the community loves USU. Not only is Utah State a great place to get a quality education, but it is a great place to gain incredible and life changing experiences.

The admissions process is very simple. You can fill out a form online and submit a payment. It is important to apply ahead of time in order to qualify for various scholarships. Utah State is also very good at getting back to you as soon as possible. The students can also call the admissions office to verify if they were accepted into the university or not before they receive their acceptance letter.

Logan is the best college town ever. I can't imagine living anywhere else. The social life is great. I've never really met anybody that has come here and didn't enjoy it.

It was really easy. Just fill out a form to get accepted and that is also the form for academic scholarships.

I feel that there are general/core classes that still don't really apply to my field and I think they are somewhat a waste of time. Also, some instructors are not the best teachers and seem condesending at times. However, overall I feel that the education I am receiving is great!

There is great campus security with the USU Police department and security. The library is amazing and the other resources for academics, such as computer labs, are made readily available! However, somethings like textbooks are very overpriced. Also, I love that it is a dry campus.

I actually just sent it in and remember getting an acceptance letter in the mail. I sent mine in with a scholarship application so there were interviews for the scholarship but as far as the requirements for admission, I met those quite easily.

No admissions essay, early decision/ early action is an option. No interviews. Priority scholarship deadlines based off your gpa and act.

Classes are big and I feel like the teachers don't really care or even know you. Once you get into major classes your teachers know you, but until the end of your junior year/beginning of senior year, you're a nobody basically.

I don't live on campus.

Most anyone can get into the school, you just have to have a 18 on the ACT and a 2.5 GPA. But scholarships have high parameters.