“Prestigous Professors, Lacking Administration”
March 2018FORMER STUDENT

Great class offerings and professors, Great researchers and research opportunities

The cost of the school

The administration can make errors that significantly impact students and can take their time correcting them causing unneeded stress

Comments

This school is very strong in many areas especially business and marine science. These departments have very connected teachers that will significantly help in securing amazing jobs.

Core classes- decent programs. The music program needs work!

Housing is expensive, but San Diego is lovely

Early action

At USD the sky is truly the limit. The courses are rigorous, but are not impossible. With appropriate studying and note taking one can achieve high grades. The majors in all areas are designed to give the student a strong foundation in their area of concentration with available concentrations to further specialize ones major, and a broad spectrum of requirements for wach major that will give the student a broad view of all aspects of their major. The class sizes are typically less than 30 students, and this allows one to get easy access to the professor. Academic advising is great. They really care about our goals and advisors do what they can to help us along our path. For students interested, there are always research opportunities offered in many different areas of interest, and professors, advisors, and others always email you if they feel that you will be interested. Students do not compete against each other for grades as most professors do not curve. Grades are the responsibility of the student to maintain and you only compete against yourself. You have every opportunity to excel at USD if you utilize their resources. As far as study abroad goes, USD is one of the top schools for study abroad with programs available in several countries and continents.

I love absolutely everything at USD. The campus is gorgeous, the housing is great as well. All of the buildings on campus are gorgeous and very well maintained. The dining is world class with many restaurants available on campus that all serve good food. There are two libraries on campus. One is available for quiet studying and to be able to study on your own and in peace, the other library allows one to do studying in a group setting and not worry about bothering others. USD is in a pretty good neighborhood, and crime is very minimal on campus. I am completely happy being on campus.

Small classrooms with professors who are very available and ready to help.

Amazing.

I applied with the USD application for early decision which was awesome.

Difficult, but small classes offer a lot of individual attention

Wonderful

There was a unique application from USD, and the scholarship opportunities were fantastic.

The general requirements are just demanding enough to give students a good view and basic understanding of all of the school departments. The classes are small, and teachers are very easy to access. While the classes are challenging, students and teachers work together to gain a better understanding of the material.

Housing is very good and well-worth the money. The facilities, campus, and library are all amazing. There are many different places to choose from to eat. There is some crime in the next neighborhood up the street, but USD is safe. It is very close to the beaches and downtown, which is a huge plus.