General education classes required, major degree requirements (usually about 32 hours), professors are widely accessible (tutoring programs not needed because students can go directly to the professor)

Campus life is great, sense of belonging, friendly atmosphere, library is welcoming and easy to use, dining choices are GREAT (love the food!), surrounding neighborhoods and communities are welcoming and very nice, feels safe

Standard application, essay required, cover letter optional. Early decision available

Classes require work and studying, but you get out of them what you put into them. If you choose to slack off you won't learn anything, but if you study you excel. Class sizes are approperate for what you are learning. The advising is definatly not up to par. There are outstanding professors, but there are also professors that are there to collect a pay check. Many of my friends have studied abroad and have loved it.

The housing was small but I still enjoied it very much. The cost was fine. The food was good, I felt safe. I loved the dorms I thought they were very fun and it was a great way to meet people as a freshman.

I was in state so I filled out an application, and was accepted.

Rolling based application; No essays

application, 2 essays, FAFSA financial aid, scholarship book

I feel that I have been challenged mentally here at the University of Oklahoma. As a National Merit Scholar, I believe I had an understanding of how hard the classes were going to be. I feel that I have been prepared for the real world due to the education I have received here at OU, and I couldn't be prouder.

I will be living on campus for my 4th year. Housing is great, it's cheap, campus is gorgeous and close by, the workout and tech facilities are great and all within walking distance, Library is close and a great place to study, food is above average, everbody knows everybody, and I feel completely safe. I love it here.

Transcripts,Scholarship Applications, etc. We had to achieve certain scores on the ACT/SAT to merit selection

Class sizes are great. Freshman English classes are capped at 19 students! Every student must complete two semesters of English Composition. Foreign Languages are also required for several majors. Grading is almost always very fair. I am advised through the honors college and I love it. They are always very helpful!

Thus far, my academic experience has been one that students call the "weed out" classes. My classes have been jam packed with students that disappear as the weeks go by. I have made few relationships with my professors, although I make certain to familiarize myself with each one's way of teaching. I am eager to study abroad; I have heard many good memories from various adventures to foreign lands.

Due to the space to cost ratio, i feel it is somewhat unfair and a disadvantage, however, it was memorable experience with the 24 hour study rooms and the students that were always up for anything.

The application of admission is a very detailed document that outlines the applicant's previous activities, accomplishments, and involvement. It distinguishes its applicants with opportunities of revealing personal, unique attributes about the individual. The early decision application is the wise choice since it also allows the applicant the opportunity for other scholarships and financial aid.

Study abroad is HUGE at OU, President Boren encourages every student to study abroad. There are many opportunities for individual research, especially in the Honors College. It is fairly competitive to get into most academic programs.

Filling out a form with personal information, GPA, and ACT score. Once admitted, you fill out a generic essay form to earn many scholarships.

For me, class sizes have been generally small, usually about 40 students. I have had a couple larger classes, but those also have a discussion section that is smaller and meets once a week to go back over topics. All professors have weekly office hours, and many encourage students to come in, even just to talk. It is definitely not easy to make an A, but grades are fair for the most part. The most impressive part about OU is our study abroad opportunities. All students are encouraged to spend time in another country- from three week trips led by OU faculty to an entire school year attending a university in another country. You pay OU tuition when you study abroad and there are also scholarships specifically for studying abroad, so its very affordable.

I LOVED living on campus. Many of the residence halls have been recently renovated as well as the cafeteria. They are all in a central location so it truly creates a sense of community. The main cafeteria is wonderful, and there are many places to eat all over campus that are all included in the meal plan. It is a very safe campus- my roommate and I loved to take walks at night and never felt like we were in danger. There are always activities going on around campus, which leads to the building of community and overall happiness at OU.

There is a simple application for admission- GPA, test scores, etc. After the completion of the application for admission, you are asked to fill out a scholarship application. This single application is for all the main scholarships offered from OU, so you don't have to fill out the same information multiple times.

Everyone has gen ed requirements, Honors College classes, lots of study abroad, research encouraged, engaged faculty, competitive upper divison courses

Everything was great-afforadable-everything you need on campus-very safe; family feel

Online general application, also filled out freshman scholarship application when applied which asked about extra-curricular involvement during high school