The academics are great at my school. The advisors are very helpful, as are the professors. There are plenty of degrees programs and many majors to choose from.

The quality of living at school is excellent. I love every aspect of it aside from the cost of somethings.

Was required to maintain at least a 3.0 to be able to attend. Filled out and submitted an application and after a few months was accepted.

In the journalism school upper division classes are limited to about 20-25 students at the very most. The teachers prefer that you call them by their first name and encourage you to contact them outside of school. With on of my professors, we text message often.

I live off campus and commute in. The events are great and the organizations that I'm a part of are always fun and get me to drive 30 minutes back to campus happily.

In the Journalism School you're allowed to take the first two classes without a special call number, after that you must apply to the program with an essay and resume and be accepted. After that the classes increase tremendously in the amount of work required. If you can't keep up, you'll know and will eliminate yourself or fail.

The classes and professors are amazing. Some of my professors have done amazing things and are very well known in their fields. Also they are very accessable. They all have office hours and actually want to get to know their students and help them excel. The classes are wonderful and a nice size. The faculty to student ratio is about 1:23, and all my larger lecture groups have been broken down into smaller labs and dicussion times. There is also a lot of undergratuate research available to students. Studying abroad is really easy too. We have the University Studies Abroad Consortiaum on our campus that work with students financial aid and scholarships to help students go abroud.

Housing is great, and the campus activies are the best! There is always something fun going on on campus from free movies on the lawn or in the theater, to night of all nations where you get to sample foods from countries all over the world. We have so many great facilities like our brand new student union, state of the art library, and our mathamatics and sciece center that opened this fall with 23 new labratories. The area of Reno is beautiful and safe, and the community really supports the University. Students all seem pretty happy all over campus.

Great easy and quick admissions process. Just use the online application, pay the application fee, and submit test scores and transcripts. They have a pretty quick turn around and then send you a great admissions packet if you are admitted that allows you to get all this free stuff! They also offer a scholarship if you have a good enough GPA and test scores and all you have to do to get it is apply to the university.

I don't know

In order to be in the nursing program you have to have: 1 year biology, 1 year A&P, 1 year chemistry, 1 semester organic chemistry, 1 year statistical math, etc....

Not familier with this, I live off campus. The crime and safety seems to be low.

In order to get accepted to the nursing program, you have to have a good GPA. They only look at your GPA and therefore the program is competitive.

Basic classes such as English, Core Humanities, and required for every major. My major, Biology, needs basic math skills including basic calculus and statistics. Advising is offered, but you're only required to meet with them the first year. Class size mainly for math and science classes are large. 200 aprox. for my Organic Chem class last semester. It highly competive to get into classes such as Anatomy, and most chemistry class since you have to compete with nursing, chem, and other majors that desire to go into the med school. There are study abroad opportunities for over the world and have financial aid available. A+ are not given, but A-, B+ (etc) are given. There are notable faculty such as one of the math teachers known for his research in the game theory. There's also a program here called the Davidson Academy, where teenagers and younger who have a high intellegiance compared to their peers can attend school located at UNR.

I live at home, so I don't have to worry about housing expense. Others who come here there are various dorms that have varying price range. First year, everyone living on campus must have a meal plans. There are various places and a variety of food offered throughout campus.There's more than one library, and one of them was just recently built with high tech equipment - The Knowledge Center. There are an abundant amount of computers to use on campus especially on the first floor of The Knowledge Center. Printing is not free, but you're free to check out headphones, movies, laptops from the knowledge center for free. UNR is located in downtown Reno, and for the safety of their students, the Associated Students of the University of Nevada, Reno offers a service known as Campus Escort that will pick up students from one side of campus and drop them off to another location on campus. Shuttles are also around and running and have designated stops. The neighborhood is mostly filled with college students, but since it is downtown Reno, having an awareness of your suroundings at night would be highly recomended. The highest crime that happens in UNR is theft, so be precautious of your belongings. I'm overally happy with UNR, but the budget cuts recently done could raise the tuition and price of other things on campus.

Applying was easy and simple. Fill out the required documents and wait. Financial aid is based on stuff such as ACT/SAT scores, FASFA, etc.

I think it is demanding, some classes more so than others. THe requirements are strict, and many majors require work experience, which is a great idea.

I don

It was a simple online application. Top be hoenst, it seems unsleective here.