General Requirements-Includes completing core classes and major requirements.

Class sizes-Minimum 35 students

Neighborhood-Okay

Crime-Robberies

Safety-Good

Overall Happiness-Average

Admissions process- Pay the application fee, fill out the application and submit along with high school transcript

Financial Aid- Difficult process which requires much documents and time for the finanical aid office to process

Scholarship opportunities- Very selective and bias when it comes to giving students scholarships, some students deserve to have scholarships giving to them not just for race, or gender, but just for attending the university of several years with an average gpa of 2.0 rather than 3.0

The undergrad work isn't to bad. The classes are good and the teachers are pretty good and never miss class.

For my first year I lived in the dorms and it was my best choice ever. I meet a lot of people and it was worth the priceeven though it was more expensive than living off campus. After the first year however not many people live on campus. The food is pretty good for a school and the school sits in the historical district of the school. The school provides safety on campus with free rides police and student cadets driving around campus all night. The library is awasome! One of the best very high tech and was in the top ten top college libraries. I love rebo it's in a great location being so closet lake tahoe and northern California.

Being an in state student, having a high school GPA above a 3.0in my core classes gave me automatic entrence.

I personally feel the workload for undergrads is pretty decent. It's not exactly hard, but it's not exactly easy, either. There are requirements and classes that everyone has to take that they may not want to (IE Core Humanities) and for my college, the college of Liberal Arts, I have to take four semesters of a foreign language and several math and sciences courses. It's a well-rounded education, which is nice. In my two years so far, I have found grading to be fair.

Well I live off campus but the shuttles and buses are nice, and from what I've heard the cafeteria type place is excellent. I really love the library and computer labs, and the food around campus. I feel safe and I have fun.

From what I remember, we had to take either the SAT or ACT, send in our transcripts, and write an essay. Honestly it was so long ago I forgot. But it wasn't that hard to apply.

Normal requirements and expectations. Funding is low however so class size and study abroad opportunities are limited.

Very nice campus and living cost. Crime is a little high and overall happiness is a little low.

Common Application process

You take basic general classes your freshman year and then proceed to get more specific towards your major.

Housing is right on campus, and fairly new buildings. It's a little too close to downtown where all of the bars and casinos are.

One application

General requirements include English 101 and 102. At least College algebra(MATH 120),Social science and science credits(vary depending on whether it is a BS or BA degree. Sometimes differs by major), Core Humanities, and in the College of Liberal Arts a foreign language. Major degree requirements in my field (Anthropology): The four basic intro classes(cultural,physical,archaeology,and lingustics). Several core classes dealing with anthropology, a capstone class, and some electives. Nearly all colleges require a minor.

The class sizes here have been growing, because of funding issues at our school, but are still managable. Our grade system is A-F on a 4.0 point scale. There are some study abroad opportunities, but they are not the best fit for a non-traditional student like myself. The workload is average. We have several notable faculty, only one of which I can name,Dr. Don Hardesty, and that is because he is from my department

There are several dormatories from standard to apartment. We have many food choices, but not as healthy as I would like. There is some work in that area though. We are in an older neighborhood and the rents average about $600 a month, not super high. The crime rate is actually quite low for this area. We have a relatively new state of the art library, wish it was open 24 hours during the school year though. The community relationship could be better, it seems that Reno is a wannabe college town, but is not quite there yet.

Since I was a transfer student it was relatively easy. I put in the application, paid the fee, sent transcripts from other schools. Since I am paying for the school on my own I didn't apply for financial aid. Also, we have a deferred payment plan which helps me to pay for school.

Well rounded, excellent professors!

Housing: high cost

Cost of living (off campus): cheap

Facilities: nice, new, accessable

Library: excellent

Dining (off campus): great variety, cheap

Neighborhood: sketchy at times, don't walk alone at night

Community relations: average, nothing out of the ordinary, football mostly

Crime and safety: sometimes campus cops make me feel less safe due to their inability to prioritize

Overall: excellent

Nothing, sign on the dotted line

Typical variety of core requirements, with a good amount of major degree requirements. The advisors are great, class sizes are small, and instructors are usually very easy to contact.

Many people live off-campus. The library and student union are awesome! There are a lot of good restaurants and facilities in those two places. Sometimes crime is a problem because the campus is so close to downtown Reno, but generally it´s a very pleasant campus.

Fill out a form, send transcripts, send application, get accepted.

Every major has it's own catlog. You have general requirements and core classes no matter what your major is. Major degree requirements often have a track for your specific emphasis and you have to maintain a certain GPA within your college. Advising helps more of the younger students and the older students when it comes to certain classes.

You had to fill out a simple application, no essays or any questions that I can remember. You wrote a check for the application fee and sent it in.

Core requirements here can be frustrating, but I guess all schools core would bug me. At this school the most complained about requirements are the 4 sem foreign lang. for non-science majors, and the 3 reading intensive "Core Humanities" courses which all colleges require.

Major requirements for what Im studying seem reasonable, but because my program is so small there are some classes that wont be taught, that

I want/need to take, until after my projected graduation date. So it requires some sacrifice there but the faculty make it worth it. There are some Great professors in my college.

Academic Advising is everywhere, you have to proactively try not to get help if you dont want it. Class sizes vary based on program. My last bio class had over 200 kids, but my last phil class had closer to fifteen.

Professors are accessible based on my experience, research oppotunities exist but are competitive. Although Ive found when you keep trying and applying your bound to get the chance eventually.

Study abroad opportunities are plentiful and are on my to-do list

The workload here is much less than what I had at my other school. The other school had most classes at 4 credit hours making a full-time schedule only 4 classes rather than the five here. As such they would stack on the work a little more intensely there per class. Here there is a greater variety of classes and faculty almost allowing the student to determine the kind/amount of work they want to take on for each semester.

There are several housing options, I lived in the hall-style with shared bathroom. I intially thought that it would be horrible but having someone else clean your bathroom and lounge is pretty awesome. The hall had a great sense of community and provided a great means to meet people.

Living on campus isnt cheap, but its definitely worth it when you can do it. For kids that do live off campus there is a steep trade-off, the location for one, its nice to just roll out of bed to go to class, its nice for downtown to only be a ten minute walk away, and to not have the knowledge center (library) around the corner.

I transfered to UNR, I came from a competitive private school that ended up raising tuition preventing my attendence. Im a good student, wanted the milenium, and thought UNR was my best choice and Im glad it worked out the way it did. One thing I can say about the school, is that I transfered to UNR in the course of 6 days (from application to moving into the dorms). While it was hard and difficult process, the school made it happen. A great and dedicated staff got me into this school, registered me, got me a place to live, and did it all without giving me to hard a time about it.

I was previously accepted my senior year of HS and I didnt even finish the application, so Im not entirely familiar with the regular means of applying but it seems like they wanted me from the get go and they never let up. Even while I was out of state, UNR still sent stuff to me.

As far as financial Aid and Scholaships, I dont think its anything out of the ordinary, but because tuition prices are reasonable, the school becomes a deal with what scholarhips are available (speaking only in regards to in-state kids)